HKDL week of March 31, 2024

rand0mness

Original Poster
I will be in Hong Kong from Sunday, March 31, to Friday, April 5, 2024, and I was wondering which day to visit HKDL. I know that Easter and the Ching Ming Festival take place during this time. Looking at Thrill Data, Easter Sunday and Monday last year (April 9 & 10, 2023) were not crowded at all, but the Ching Ming Festival (April 5, 2023) was quite crowded. I'm guessing it's because Ching Ming Festival is a mainland holiday but Easter is not. If the same holds true this year, would Monday, April 1, 2024, be the best day, while Thursday & Friday, April 4 & 5, 2024, be the worst days?

Also, does anyone know whether HKDL will still offer Early Park Entry Pass during that time? The current calendar only goes through February. Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will be in Hong Kong from Sunday, March 31, to Friday, April 5, 2024, and I was wondering which day to visit HKDL. I know that Easter and the Ching Ming Festival take place during this time. Looking at Thrill Data, Easter Sunday and Monday last year (April 9 & 10, 2023) were not crowded at all, but the Ching Ming Festival (April 5, 2023) was quite crowded. I'm guessing it's because Ching Ming Festival is a mainland holiday but Easter is not. If the same holds true this year, would Monday, April 1, 2024, be the best day, while Thursday & Friday, April 4 & 5, 2024, be the worst days?

Also, does anyone know whether HKDL will still offer Early Park Entry Pass during that time? The current calendar only goes through February. Thanks!
How’s your crystal ball?

We were there in October. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays were a pleasure to be there.

rand0mness

Original Poster
Thought I should follow up with my actual experience. I ended up going to HKDL on Easter Sunday, March 31, 2024. That turned out to be super lucky, as there was practically no one there. Thrill Data even gave that day a wait time factor of 0. It was occasionally drizzly, especially in the morning, but nothing that significantly impeded our enjoyment of the park. Below are some random observations for future visitors, in case it helps.
  • "Momentous" Nighttime Spectacular: The best part of HKDL, in my opinion; more impressive than anything I've seen in the U.S.

• "Momentous" Special Viewing Area: I thought it was worth it, even with a less crowded park. To see the water display, you have to be pretty close to the front, and I'm not sure I could have managed it without purchasing admission to the special area.

• Early Park Entry Pass: Probably didn't need it, but I don't regret buying it. It's nice to wander around World of Frozen with few others there.

• Disney Premier Access: Might be worth it on a crowded day, but I made the mistake of pre-purchasing it beforehand and it turned out to be a complete waste of money. Don't buy it until you're in the park and know you need it.

• Staying at a Disney hotel: Worth it. We stayed at Disney Explorers Lodge, and it's a pretty good value compared to other Disney parks and other accommodations in Hong Kong. Paid USD 265 per night, including service charge, for a standard room that's huge by Hong Kong standards.

• Fancy hotel dining: Meh. We went to World of Color at Disney Explorers Lodge for dinner and Crystal Lotus at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel for the character dim sum lunch. Both seemed very expensive by Hong Kong standards for okay food, especially for young kids who don't care about the atmosphere anyway. If I visited HKDL again, I would stick to something basic like Chart Room Cafe at Disney Explorers Lodge. (I didn't bother with character dining because I have easy access to it at U.S. parks.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom