HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

MagicHK

“Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” (such a nice show) and “Command Post” are now closed permanently for the coming up avengers ride. Can’t wait!
B3239D7E-9788-44DD-BCE8-EA388855381B.jpeg

Ismael Flores

“Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” (such a nice show) and “Command Post” are now closed permanently for the coming up avengers ride. Can’t wait!
View attachment 561442
I can't wait to see this come true. I hope and wish that the Disneyland resort in Anaheim didn't cancel its Avengers ride and hope that the building is not just a large grey warehouse with the avengers logo on it. This art for Hong Kong looks amazing

BrianLo

View attachment 561442

This tracks with their original timeline (three years after Frozen). The problem of course being this whole expansion was already delayed a year pre-pandemic, but people forgot we got the concept art in 2016 and were told it wasn't coming for 7 years!

I think the red flags should have gone off if they still hadn't started construction by the time the Frozen was opening.

IMDREW

So the Avengers E-ticket ride is getting replaced by both Web Slingers : a Spider-man adventure and an all new Avengers themed Tower of Terror ?View attachment 562353View attachment 562358
I sure hope they haven't changed it to just webslingers! :/ HKDL rlly needs a big E-ticket attraction catered to young adults. A big thrill. I was hoping the Avengers ride would be just that, but Webslingers will really fall short imo

PiratesMansion

Don't hate the idea of a ToT type ride coming to HKDL, but putting Webslingers within feet of another somewhat underwhelming shooter ride (Ant-Man) just makes ZERO sense, but I guess that hasn't stopped them before.

HKDL needs that Avengers E-Ticket. I really want that resort to be successful. With a second park, it could be a favorite resort for many.
Speaking of: Building ok attractions is NOT going to get them any closer to that second gate that they recently lost the land for.

hkdisky

Let’s see how the HKDL/gov response to these questions by a public regarding the latest update of the HKDL. For those who can’t read chinese, the letter stated several questions, including
1. Is the government planned to sell the shares of the Joint venture with Walt disney? (I hope HKSAR sell the shares so the Disney can plan the future development of HKDL without intervening by the government, but the government probably won’t sell the shares.)
2. Please provide the latest timeline for the Frozen attractions.
3. Will the Marvel attraction open in 2023 as scheduled or any latest timeline.
4. Did the government discuss with Disney about the future development of the HKDL resort after the right to purchase second phase land expired.
5. Did the government have timeline regarding the shopping, entertainment and dining area (downtown disney).
6. Questions about the board of directors

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom