HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Robbiem

Latest reply from the government regarding expansion plan and phase 2.
- ‘Marvel area’ is still here but didn’t mention the e-ticket attraction.
- Will make announcement for the option arrangement regading the site that is “originally planned” for phase 2 (extend the option or the plan has changed?🤔)
Interesting- I could see the second park site being an interesting issue going forward. Disney won’t want to loose the land rights and the SAR government will use it as leverage against them to get a better deal. Lets hope it ends up in a good result for the resort it needs all the joss it can get

BrianLo

Latest reply from the government regarding expansion plan and phase 2.
- ‘Marvel area’ is still here but didn’t mention the e-ticket attraction.
- Will make announcement for the option arrangement regading the site that is “originally planned” for phase 2 (extend the option or the plan has changed?🤔)

I actually see that as a positive confirmation of "something" still to come post Frozen.

Within the same paragraph they state that various attractions have already rolled out (Moana, Ant Man) and that the Castle of Magical Dreams, Frozen and Marvel are still in the pipeline. The only thing Marvel left was the attraction.

I believe I mentioned somewhere that the capital and budget have already been allocated for the whole project. I cannot see Disney being eager to cancel something they are only paying half the bill for. Likewise LEGCO would have to publicly pull back since the total budget was already agreed upon.

hooon42

Pyro test!!!

I think the new firework is a mixed of "Remember... Dreams Come True" at Disneyland and "Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland", where Guests are transported around the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic through dynamic visuals and memorable music.
List of the scene and soundtrack
1. Opening
*Let the Memories Begin (Taken from The Magic, the Memories and You)
2. Main Street USA
*Step in Time (Mary Poppins)
*Paint the Night - When Can I See You Again? (Wreck-It Ralph)/Baroque Hoedown (Peter Pan/Monsters Inc./Cars 3/The Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast/Toy Story 4/Frozen/The Incredibles 2 scenes)
3. Adventureland
*Moana: A Homecoming Celebration - How Far I'll Go
*Festival of the Lion King - Cicle of Life/I Just Can't Wait to Be King/Hakuna Matata
*Tarzan's Treehouse - Tarzan cameo
*Karibuni Marketplace - I Wan'na Be Like You (The Jungle Book/Aladdin/Lilo & Stitch/Zootopia/Up scenes)
4. Toy Story Land/Grizzly Gulch/Mystic Point
*RC Racer- Toy Story 2 prologue soundtrack
*Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars - Welcome (Brother Bear)
*Mystic Manor
5. Fantasyland/Arendelle: World of Frozen
*Castle of Magical Dreams - Once Upon a Dream
*Fairy Tale Forest - I See the Light/Someday My Prince Will Come/Beauty and the Beast/A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes/Part of Your World
*Frozen Ever After - Into the Unknown/Show Yourself
6. Tomorrowland/Stark Expo Hong Kong
*Tomorrowland's Past - Autopia, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Muppet Mobile Lab, Space Mountain, Stitch Encounter, UFO Zone
*Hyperspace Mountain - Star Wars Main Title/March of the Resistance (the force awakens/the last Jedi/the rise of skywalker scenes)
*Avengers Ride - Avengers Suite (Infinity War/Endgame scenes)
7. Finale
*It's a Small World

jrhwdw

I think the new firework is a mixed of "Remember... Dreams Come True" at Disneyland and "Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland", where Guests are transported around the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic through dynamic visuals and memorable music.
List of the scene and soundtrack
1. Opening
*Let the Memories Begin (Taken from The Magic, the Memories and You)
2. Main Street USA
*Step in Time (Mary Poppins)
*Paint the Night - When Can I See You Again? (Wreck-It Ralph)/Baroque Hoedown (Peter Pan/Monsters Inc./Cars 3/The Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast/Toy Story 4/Frozen/The Incredibles 2 scenes)
3. Adventureland
*Moana: A Homecoming Celebration - How Far I'll Go
*Festival of the Lion King - Cicle of Life/I Just Can't Wait to Be King/Hakuna Matata
*Tarzan's Treehouse - Tarzan cameo
*Karibuni Marketplace - I Wan'na Be Like You (The Jungle Book/Aladdin/Lilo & Stitch/Zootopia/Up scenes)
4. Toy Story Land/Grizzly Gulch/Mystic Point
*RC Racer- Toy Story 2 prologue soundtrack
*Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars - Welcome (Brother Bear)
*Mystic Manor
5. Fantasyland/Arendelle: World of Frozen
*Castle of Magical Dreams - Once Upon a Dream
*Fairy Tale Forest - I See the Light/Someday My Prince Will Come/Beauty and the Beast/A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes/Part of Your World
*Frozen Ever After - Into the Unknown/Show Yourself
6. Tomorrowland/Stark Expo Hong Kong
*Tomorrowland's Past - Autopia, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Muppet Mobile Lab, Space Mountain, Stitch Encounter, UFO Zone
*Hyperspace Mountain - Star Wars Main Title/March of the Resistance (the force awakens/the last Jedi/the rise of skywalker scenes)
*Avengers Ride - Avengers Suite (Infinity War/Endgame scenes)
7. Finale
*It's a Small World
Where did you get all that?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

I don't know why, but some of the fireworks used for the pyro testing remind me of the ones that were used for Disney in the Stars. Maybe the show's returning (with extended projection mapping sequences to accommodate the new non-Sleeping Beauty Castle areas) to celebrate the reopening or the 15th Anniversary? I'm not sure of the current COVID-19 trend in Hong Kong as of the moment, but if the ones posted next week doesn't warrant a reopening on or before the 12th, maybe they'll do a livestream from the park of Stars plus behind-the-scenes/construction footage of the new castle to compensate for the park remaining closed?

Last edited:

HKDLer

The extended (and relaxed) social distancing measures will be taking effect till Sep 10 so there's a slim chance that the park can reopen on its 15th anniversary day (Sep 12). That said, a reopening in mid to late September is imminent as many public services will have resumed by that time.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Looks similar in style to WDW's 50th logo.

Guessing DLP's 30th (2022) will be too.
Don't forget the Studios' 20th as well, though they haven't really celebrated any recent anniversaries for that park (the only thing I could find was the 10th in 2012). Maybe they'll do something for the 25th once the transformation is complete by 2027?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom