HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Timothy_Q

These are fan made FEA plans found on a French site. I just hope they could incorporate elements from Frozen 2 into the ride rather than making it an exact Epcot clone. With just two Fantasyland dark rides (the other being Pooh), HKDL still suffers from a weak attraction lineup. Personally, I think building Tokyo's Fantasy Springs in Hong Kong is better than having a clone ride and coaster+mediocre Marvel rides.
TDS Fantasy Springs is roughly the same size as the entire HK Disneyland park that sits inside the train tracks.

The 2 projects aren't interchangeable in any sense.

RandySavage

I used this pic from: https://twitter.com/hkdl_of_fantasy to show before and after:
Before after 3 (1).jpg

Before after 3 (2).jpg

Last edited:

brihow

It's interesting to see how the actual castle still follows the colour scheme of that godawful concept art yet somehow it looks better in real life 😮

I would say that colors have absolutely been tweaked from that original artwork. Also the original concept art was just very poorly done. The model at D23 seems to be a better representation of what they are going for :)

fctiger

I know there isn't any official dates when the castle is supposed to be complete but any ROUGH estimates? I'm thinking of going back to HKDL next year and want to start pin point dates in case I make it out. I was there last year and thinking of a double trip to Hong Kong and Tokyo which I haven't been in years.

I know there isn't any official dates when the castle is supposed to be complete but any ROUGH estimates? I'm thinking of going back to HKDL next year and want to start pin point dates in case I make it out. I was there last year and thinking of a double trip to Hong Kong and Tokyo which I haven't been in years.
rough estimate says "SPRING 2020" but that's quite vague...

MagicHK

And still no news about the “re-imagined project”? I’d rather not to have this project in order to secure the quality of the immersive avengers mega e ticket, IMO.

228D9C24-EFB6-441C-B52B-5980096CD575.png
5ED0A4E1-6BBD-4F99-AAAD-D7363B902F19.png

And still no news about the “re-imagined project”? I’d rather not to have this project in order to secure the quality of the immersive avengers mega e ticket, IMO.

View attachment 431483View attachment 431484
some say that it will be an upgraded version of Jungle River Cruise to add features of the film adaptation
some say that the budget is spent on the family coaster in Arendelle so there will be no reimagining project

fctiger

View attachment 431483View attachment 431484

Personally I would love it if they just re-imagined HSM into a Marvel theme. Tomorrowland as we know it is already dead. I say make it a full on Marvel land. And with Captain Marvel, GOTG and Thor as contenders being cosmic characters (and of course future Marvel characters) the sky is the limit.

IMDREW

So
some say that it will be an upgraded version of Jungle River Cruise to add features of the film adaptation
some say that the budget is spent on the family coaster in Arendelle so there will be no reimagining project
Some say it will be extra scenes and digital projection for Philarmagic, some say it will be Space Mountain going back to original.. no one knows really. But I think they’re scrapping it. It hasn’t been mentioned anywhere anymore, they upgraded frozenland to include a coaster and things are tricky as it is with the strikes and tourism atm. Everyone staying hopeful for that big e ticket avengers.

PymParty

Yes, I clearly wouldn't mind them using the budget that was allocated to this 2021 project in favour of more ambitious Frozen and Avengers rides.
But let's face it, if this reimagining project was of the same scope as Ant-Man Nano Battle, I don't think the budget will be huge
😂.

However I agree, it is really weird that we never heard any word about this project since the first announcement.

PymParty

Is the Arendelle castle in HK a restaurant as well or is it the entrance to FEA?

None of the two, entrance of FEA should be through the clock tower featured in the various concept arts.
The castle in HK should be only a prop with no guest entry, the overhead plan of the land shows there is almost no space inside it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom