HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

will ice sleds be a bigger production, a more significant ride than the 7 Dwarfs Mine Trains in Shang and Orlando?

it clearly will have a more elaborate backdrop/setting with the village but is the ride itself destined to be a more ambitious attraction both in track length and show scenes?

Last edited:

Markiewong

will ice sleds be a bigger production, a more significant ride than the 7 Dwarfs Mine Trains in Shang and Orlando?

it clearly will have a more elaborate backdrop/setting with the village but is the ride itself destined to be a more ambitious attraction both in track length and show scenes?
No it will be similar to Barnstormer/Gadget Go coaster with a more elaborate decor. Its a vekoma junior so no swinging vehicles. This one will be 55 meters longer than Barnstormer though.

cookiee_munster

FesrJzRUUAEqBx-.jpg
Hmm... I don't know what to think of this. I honestly thought it would be less painterly and it being more like a sculpture made from plastic? To give it that transparent look... This looks very "flat" I guess it's still early days though. Maybe it'll receive a load of other stuff before it opens.

no show scenes with a frontage and setting like that???!!!!! And here I thought HK was ready to show us marvelous things again.

you're telling me it's Barnstormer/Chip n Dale Nuthouse Coaster/Hioppogriff effort. I believe you but yet I'm in disbelief.

PiratesMansion

I just...it is a waste of money to make a ride look this nice only for it to be nothing more than a glorified roller skater.

Gadget's and Barnstormer are pretty honest about what sort of rides they are. Here, they're setting themselves up to disappoint people.

All I was expecting Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but Frozenified. I don't love SDMT, but fine, I get it. It's defensible. If this is truly less than that, it's embarrassing.

This shouldn't be hard for them to understand. If Hong Kong Disneyland is ever going to convince people to care about it and be a viable business, it needs attractions that will WOW people. Convince them that they need to look at Hong Kong and not just go with Shanghai or Tokyo. The park has a solid supporting lineup but nothing other than Mystic Manor WOWS. They need E-Tickets. Real, solid E-Tickets or at least D+ Tickets. This sounds more like an elaborately dressed up C ticket at best.

It just seems like a very expensive way to NOT move the needle if that's all it's going to turn out to be.

PiratesMansion

well theres 2 rides, the small coaster with show scene, and a slightly modified FoA. Along with an immersive town harbor area, I think its pretty awesome addition to the park...better than the frozn land being built in paris
Except Hong Kong Disneyland, far more than any other Disney park, really, truly, desperately needs to convince people to care about it and this absolutely won't cut it. It's not like Frozen Ever After is an amazing attraction either.

Maybe it'll bring people in once, but they will, understandably, be let down by what is actually there. People will not leave this area hyped for Frozen or the park. They'll leave going "Oh yeah, that's right, Hong Kong Disneyland is disappointing and they never build anything amazing, just like I thought. I'll never make that mistake again."

Markiewong

The original ride was going to be a demoltion derby/trackless flatride. I think this is a better use of the money and it has a higher capacity. Harry Potter has the same setup with a big E-ticket and a vekoma junior next to it (which Hong Kong doesn't have yet, Tokyo has two already). Although I must agree that the Frozen darkride probably won't be as big as Harry Potters'. Here is the layout.

1665476788845.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom