HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

jrhwdw

The main feature will be a show that debuts on the castle stage. Let's just hope the virus won't disrupt the current plan.
I thought that the Castle Show was delayed till 2021, weren't there Audition Postings a few week ago? Could this be a Christmas Show if it's not the debut of the reg show?

Any word the new Nightime Spectacular/ PTN/FOF?

tomy117

I thought that the Castle Show was delayed till 2021, weren't there Audition Postings a few week ago? Could this be a Christmas Show if it's not the debut of the reg show?

Any word the new Nightime Spectacular/ PTN/FOF?
Normal castle show (Daytime entertainment) - delayed to 2021.
Firework show (Nighttime Spectacular)- delayed to 2021.
Christmas seasonal show - finger cross the show will debut on the castle stage starting in late November.

kb paris

20431019-6517-413B-B5BC-A55D236FD96C.jpeg

The bareness of the middle section (the one with the rose window) is still bothering me. Maybe putting some gold leaf floral stencil could work (similar to the ones placed on Merida's tower)?
Totally agree! This whole thing is full of details and suddenly the middle section is so empty -.-
I think they should add some more windows there

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Totally agree! This whole thing is full of details and suddenly the middle section is so empty -.-
I think they should add some more windows there
I get they want to try something new, but I feel that they should have made the rose window as big as the wall it's placed on, unless it's for some forced perspective thing for the interior of the castle (provided that you can go inside at least).

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
This back middle section is very different and much less detailed than on the model they had exposed at D23 2019...

View attachment 508925
Wasn't there backlash when this model was presented at D23 last year, which led to some revisions? It does look like the model was incomplete when presented since the side balconies are completely absent and there is a lack of towers.

This back middle section is very different and much less detailed than on the model they had exposed at D23 2019...

View attachment 508925
Umm I think the amount of details in this model and the current castle are similar
The major difference is that the centre part changes from a cuboidal shape to the current polygonal shape
The lateral sides, initially perpendicular to the rose window, are now oblique to it
So it makes us feel the rose window is too small and the walls are too empty
Would be much better if they just adhered to this original concept

lazyboy97o

Wasn't there backlash when this model was presented at D23 last year, which led to some revisions? It does look like the model was incomplete when presented since the side balconies are completely absent and there is a lack of towers.
There is a reason models are not really used too much in general architecture. They take awhile to build so they are of a certain time that is usually behind where the design actually exists.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
By the way, check out these photos about the interior of the castle
Starry sky and chandelier! Looks promising!

I wonder though: would this be similar to Shanghai's castle interiors, especially the grand rotunda? I wouldn't be surprised if they reused elements of Enchanted Storybook Castle for Castle of Magical Dreams. I supposed they knocked open the original second-story space to raise the ceilings to accommodate the chandelier?
2a2ee457f94387b586590df9a5ef6f4b.jpg
https://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/05/CiG0CUOVIAAwB7H.jpg
ea7eb45dddbfb3a499672c0488486272.jpg

Last edited:

etc98

Umm I think the amount of details in this model and the current castle are similar
The major difference is that the centre part changes from a cuboidal shape to the current polygonal shape
The lateral sides, initially perpendicular to the rose window, are now oblique to it
So it makes us feel the rose window is too small and the walls are too empty
Would be much better if they just adhered to this original concept
Imo it’s already too boxy, if they kept the sides at right angles it would be even worse. But I do think they should have put some kind of windows or other decorations on the blank walls that are now much more visible

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Imo it’s already too boxy, if they kept the sides at right angles it would be even worse. But I do think they should have put some kind of windows or other decorations on the blank walls that are now much more visible
Maybe they planned something for the interiors for this new space where the rose window is (my hunch is it's going to be a central meet-and-greet space)? I think they probably ended up doing either some mosaic tilework (like the ones inside Shanghai's castle) or tapestries (like the ones in Paris' castle) to put on the walls.

By the way, the three windows below the rose window is a strange design choice. Given that the implication that the meet-and-greet space is on another level entirely (since stylistically, those windows would seem out of place if it was part of the space), I would assume that it's going to be part of the queue (like a princess dressing room or something) or even a new location for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom