Trip Report Hippity Hoppity Easter Disneyland Solo Report

Hello, and welcome to my little trip report about my recent solo trip to Disneyland!

Background: I usually travel to Disney with my husband, but I've taken a couple solo trips to WDW. This year since I have the Premier Passport I decided to take my solo trip to Disneyland.

Who: Me (Amy)

Dates: April 13-17 2017

Hotel: Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini-Suites (located directly across from the crosswalk to Disneyland)

Everyone is welcome to read and comment on my report but I will tag a few people on here who I remember following my other reports..... @figmentfan423 @MinnieM123 @Cesar R M @donaldtoo @MySmallWorldof4 @MOXOMUMD @JenniferS @PacNWTigger @Tuvalu @Gabe1 @betty rose @Songbird76 @sheriffwoody @bee @blgauger @BuddyThomas @fractal @93boomer @MouseDreaming @Wrangler-Rick @PUSH @Mr Ferret 88

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Following!! I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a small child. I love looking at your photos!.. someday I'll make it back there.

My first trip to Disneyland was in 2007 and I've been hooked since. I hope you make it back there, I'm sure your son would love it!

Following along and enjoying! Thank you!!

Thanks for following along!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I always admire people who do Disney alone! I feel like I would enjoy taking a solo trip (especially because I want to visit Disney any chance I get and no one I know wants to go with me :cry:) but I also love visiting with people so I'm torn!

I am loving reading along with your solo trip through, maybe someday I'll take one of my own!

I was really nervous on my first solo trip. I thought I would be lonely, but occasionally I chatted with people in line and I just absorbed myself in all the details and things I wanted to do I didn't have time to be lonely. I do love traveling with my hubby, but it is nice to spend time in my favorite places (Disney parks) without being on anyone else's time table.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Continuing on with Friday (Good Friday)....
IMG_7178.JPG

After the teacups I decided to either get a fast pass for or ride (or perhaps both) Big Thunder. But I ran into someone on the path way, and I had to pay my respects....the evil Queen. She was fun to interact with, she even had me bow to her and she told me I couldn't smile, but you'll see I disobeyed her!
IMG_7179.JPG

IMG_7184.JPG

IMG_7185.JPG

As I was walking to Big Thunder I noticed how beautiful the flowers were by Rancho Del Zocalo (a mexican restaurant by Big Thunder).
Looking at the flowers below through my sunglasses they looked very vibrant and very red. I was surprised later when I saw they were actually fuchsia.
IMG_7187.JPG

IMG_7190.JPG

IMG_7191.JPG

Then on my way back through the hub, I couldn't stop myself from taking a pic of Walt, Mickey, and a pretty tree.
IMG_7197.JPG

And I guess I had procured a Hyperspace Mt. fastpass earlier, perhaps before I rode Alice. So it was time to feel the force!
IMG_7201.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
After helping lead the Rebellion on Hyperspace Mt. I wandered back to Fantasyland. I thought about the subs, but they are too cramped for me but they are pretty to look at.
IMG_7208.JPG

IMG_7209.JPG

I silently mourned not being able to ride the Matterhorn as it was down for a refurb. But I noticed more beautiful flowers nearby.
IMG_7224.JPG

The Storybook Boat line had gotten a little long so I kept going to small world. When I got in line the cast member said I would have my own boat. I was so excited. But by the time my boat came and the people finally figured out how to get out of the boat (the exited towards me!) other people had arrived and were now put in my boat. And I was treated to a mom and dad talking the whole time about their everyday lives and some guy named Jason and why he continues to coach wrestling and football. :mad: It made me mad, and the irony was not lost on me that I was on a ride promoting peace and world harmony all the while I was getting more and more irritated. I suppose I should have said something but I do not like confrontation. I did shoot them a few looks and I think at one point I muttered who cares about Jason. Even though I'm only sharing a few pictures, I did end up taking a lot of pictures, it helped me tune them out. The parts they were quiet I did enjoy. Later in the trip I truly would be on the happiest cruise that ever sailed.
IMG_7226.JPG

IMG_7228.JPG

Not this time....
IMG_7232.JPG

IMG_7245.JPG

Okay, that is it for me tonight. I keep mistyping simple words. Time to sleep!

donaldtoo

Following!! I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a small child. I love looking at your photos!.. someday I'll make it back there.

You really need to go when you get a chance.
My first visit was as a 6-year-old in 1968, and my last (5th, so far - have only been to WDW 8 times) was in 2010. Far too long ago.
Hope you are able to plan a Disneyland trip sometime soon! :)
It's where Walt walked and spent a lot of time.
Although, he actually walked the WDW property, too...! ;) :)

donaldtoo

After helping lead the Rebellion on Hyperspace Mt. I wandered back to Fantasyland. I thought about the subs, but they are too cramped for me but they are pretty to look at.
View attachment 202417

View attachment 202419

I silently mourned not being able to ride the Matterhorn as it was down for a refurb. But I noticed more beautiful flowers nearby.
View attachment 202420

The Storybook Boat line had gotten a little long so I kept going to small world. When I got in line the cast member said I would have my own boat. I was so excited. But by the time my boat came and the people finally figured out how to get out of the boat (the exited towards me!) other people had arrived and were now put in my boat. And I was treated to a mom and dad talking the whole time about their everyday lives and some guy named Jason and why he continues to coach wrestling and football. :mad: It made me mad, and the irony was not lost on me that I was on a ride promoting peace and world harmony all the while I was getting more and more irritated. I suppose I should have said something but I do not like confrontation. I did shoot them a few looks and I think at one point I muttered who cares about Jason. Even though I'm only sharing a few pictures, I did end up taking a lot of pictures, it helped me tune them out. The parts they were quiet I did enjoy. Later in the trip I truly would be on the happiest cruise that ever sailed.
View attachment 202421
View attachment 202422
Not this time....
View attachment 202423

View attachment 202424

Okay, that is it for me tonight. I keep mistyping simple words. Time to sleep!

Sweet Disney dreams...!!! :)
Still "ketchuping" ;) and lookin' forward to more...!!! :)

Cesar R M

Love the meet-up with the Evil Queen! I kept trying to figure out where you saw her, as I've never seen this character walking around at WDW, during any of my visits.

But then I remembered--you were in Disneyland, not WDW! Duh!! o_O :D
Weirdly, both of my visits, I seen the evil sisters and the cruel stepmother from Cinderella prancing around the area of the castle with only a single CM as help.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the meet-up with the Evil Queen! I kept trying to figure out where you saw her, as I've never seen this character walking around at WDW, during any of my visits.

But then I remembered--you were in Disneyland, not WDW! Duh!! o_O :D

Ha! That is one of the neat things about Disneyland, there are still some roaming characters around. Peter Pan often flits around Fantasyland in the morning. He darts in and out of bushes and says he's hiding from Hook. It's great!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
The inter action with the evil queen looked like fun
During our 2nd trip to DLR in 2006 my oldest was(still is ) a huge villain fan and had a similar visit
She was wearing an evil queen shirt and it was so cool

View attachment 202650 View attachment 202651 View attachment 202652

And I don't care about Jason either

Max

Such great pictures of your girls with the Evil Queen and a great memory for them.

Maybe we should start a new hashtag #whocaresaboutjason

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom