Highschool Musical news

JEDIsney

(Maybe that's why High School Musical 2 is in production now)
It's not actually in production yet. They jumping into production right after Zac Efron is done filming his parts in the re-make of Hairspray. ;)

Children these days need something to do to keep them out of trouble. Too many children fall victim to this and end up "on the wrong side of the tracks". More kids should start dancing and doing extracurricular activites, instead of getting in trouble with the law. :sohappy:
That's a good point. Maybe, in a way, this could help send across that message, along with the movie.

I think it'll be a great seasonal show to cut down on crowds and also give something for us Annual Passholders who are getting tired of waiting 60+min to ride Space Mountain every weekend... I'm ready to get peppy for the High School Musical Pep Rally! :p
I see your point, and agree. I think I'm ready for the High School Musical pep rally as well. It's something positive to look foward to, even if it is in the Tomorrowland theater.

wdwishes2005

Or kids could learn to stay out of trouble and experiment building things with household items, take up a computer language, a healthy sport, or photography....

JEDIsney

Or kids could learn to stay out of trouble and experiment building things with household items, take up a computer language, a healthy sport, or photography....
Yes, but that's just destroying the whole point of the High School Musical show. But anyway, Disney does encourage kids to do most of those things, well, the building and healthy sport parts.

take up a computer language....
HTML, L33t...

bladerunner

Everyone has their own opinion of High School Musical. I am a parent of 2 daughters (9 & 13 yrs) whom LOVE the movie. (Maybe that's why High School Musical 2 is in production now). In addition, love to dance to the moves. Maybe the Tomorrowland Theatre isn't the "place" for this attraction. Then why is the Finding Nemo theatre production being built in Animal Kingdom??? Go figure?? Maybe it should take the place of Cinderellabration in front of the Castle.:lol:

Children these days need something to do to keep them out of trouble. Too many children fall victim to this and end up "on the wrong side of the tracks". More kids should start dancing and doing extracurricular activites, instead of getting in trouble with the law. :sohappy:

I'm 100% with you. I think it is a great idea - I told my children and now they can't wait for this, and if they enjoy it then I'll be happy as well.

WDWparadetech1

Whoa sorry bud, don't know who you are, but you are grossly mistaken...

The board at Galaxy is an ETC Expression. That IS a programmable board. It is not a manual board by any means. You can write a cue, a cuestack, and change pages just as easily as you can on a Wholehog. That is also an old, BUT very advanced board. Some Broadway shows still use ETC Expressions. For Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas, that same ETC Expression runs the Studio Spots (moving lights) for the entire show and has ZERO problems doing it. It is primarily a conventional lighting console, but has no problem programming moving lights. It's just a bit more difficult..

ETC Expressions and the smaller Express consoles are used all around property in more shows than I care to count...

And Disney has put on GREAT shows at Galaxy without using fly space. A new state-of-the-art theatre would cost millions and millions of dollars. I'd rather see them use what they have...

Ok the last time i was working at this theatre they had a manule board. I havent been back there since. So pardon me for not knowing th new board that they have added. Im sorry for not knowing.

Legacy

All this crying about High School Musical disrupting the theme of Tomorrowland is starting to get annoying... because the same complaints for maintaining the "theme" nine times out of ten also want things to be "like they were".

http://www.yesterland.com/tomorrowstage.html

The Kids of the Kingdom's shows were decidedly NOT Tomorrowland. I distinctly remember the last of their shows I saw at the Tomorrowland Stage being a bunch of songs from Disney movies... which had nothing to do with Tomorrowland at all (Colors of the Wind? Beauty and the Beast?).

That stage is the best place at WDW to put a show right now. MGM doesn't have any empty stages that are easily accesible, and honestly High School Musical will fit amazingly well, especially if they give it a Magic Music Days spin.

MickeyTigg

just thought you guys would like to know, there is a good chance a version of Highschool Muiscal is comming to the tomorrowland theater.

I'm compelled to paraphrase a line from Jurassic Park...

Yeah, but the imagineers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Legacy

I'm compelled to paraphrase a line from Jurassic Park...

Yeah, but the imagineers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
"Yes, but when the Pirates of the Caribean breaks down, the pirates don't try to eat the guests."

gonecrazybacksn

"Yes, but when the Pirates of the Caribean breaks down, the pirates don't try to eat the guests."
LOL...Thats awesome...
hehe as for news on the auditions for High School Musical at WDW one of my very good friends went and got a call back :) No other word yet though about whats going on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom