Highschool Musical news

brich

shumphr2 said:
Hi!!! This is my first post!!!! If you don't like HSM then don't watch.....My 7-year old niece loves it.... Personally I think it is much better than SpongeBoB or whatever kids are watching these days.....As for the "dancing special" at least kids are up moving instead of sitting on the couch!!!!!
Much better than SpongeBob or whatever kids are watching? So, do you actually know what your comparing HSM to? And kids up moving instead of sitting on the couch...maybe they should be out doors playing and not watching any TV. Or, maybe they can do some treadmill work while their watching whatever it is they watch... :rolleyes:

Hey shumphr2.... welcome to the Magic! :animwink:

Scar Junior

pacochran said:
I agree with you on this. My 12 year old daughter absolutely loves this movie and the music, has to have everything to do with it. It is a hundred times better than the stuff that is currently on television for kids today, or that they put on when kids are watching TV. Have you ever seen the stuff on MTV that shows in the morning :eek: , I refuse to let me daughter turn on that channel.

The Tie in to Tomorrowland: Todays Kids, TOMORROWS Stars:lol: .

Bingo. 7 year old here, 12 year old there, 8 year old mentioned earlier. I just want to point out something earlier in the thread that is being misconceived: this isn't a show that's big with teenagers. Some, yes. However, this is a children's/pre-teen show.

Is it offensive? No, but it does assault the ethics of entertainment. Thus, I will speak out against it.

I'm glad you don't let your children watch MTV at that age. I'd be worried if you did.

EDIT: BTW, I speak out against MTV as this is one of the biggest elements ruining entertainment (which directly impacts society). HSM is hurting entertainment in far different ways than MTV. But they're both guilty.

animay

I really don't think there's any long term value in High School Musical. It's not going to take much for the current fans to get a little older and push it aside for something else.

It wouldn't be the first time though that Disney's put a passing fad into the parks. Anyone remember the Goosebumps funhouse, Ace Ventura, or the Ninja Turtles stage show? Heck, what about Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? MGM's already a perfect home for it. As a stage show it'll be in and out without much fuss.

gonecrazybacksn

stof911 said:
you know they could revamp the theater where huchback (may it rest in peace, an attraction that shouldnt have gone away, should have taken the place of beauty and the beast dang boring attraction that none of the animated characters move their mouths) sorry about the rant. but anyway, that would be great for that show

Unfortunately, that theater, (even though it is still sitting there fairly intact) is being used for storage i believe...i could be wrong though....

JRawkSteady

Actually, I know for a fact that a version of High School Musical will not be going into any of the Disney parks. There will be regional theatres and schools allowed to put on this show and there MAY be a touring cast one day in the future, but I will say with 100% assurance that there will not be a stage version in the parks. Sorry.

wdwishes2005

SkipKid said:
If this is true...

Why must they continue to kill tomorrowland's theming.
I mean seriously.
I don't know. When this happens Tommorrowland is officially DEAD and gone. I'll need to go to DL to have a real TL....

Chape19714

gonecrazybacksn said:
Unfortunately, that theater, (even though it is still sitting there fairly intact) is being used for storage i believe...i could be wrong though....
The Backlot Theatre formerly used for Hunchback is not the most sturdy structure. I beileve some problem with the roof is why it closed and there has been no replacement.

JRawkSteady said:
Actually, I know for a fact that a version of High School Musical will not be going into any of the Disney parks. There will be regional theatres and schools allowed to put on this show and there MAY be a touring cast one day in the future, but I will say with 100% assurance that there will not be a stage version in the parks. Sorry.
Sorry to say, but Mecha Figment is pretty reliable and works directly for WDW. Not to say I am going to believe it 100%, but he has proven to be pretty reliable in fact checking and information. I'm not saying your wrong, or that he's right, but his record is very good. I don't beilieve anything as fact until it's confirmed either by Disney itself or 3 reliable sources. :wave: WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

For those concerned about the theme, at least it's like like DL Paris where the Lion King is playing in Tomorrowland..err Discoveryland.

JRawkSteady

Chape19714 said:
Sorry to say, but Mecha Figment is pretty reliable and works directly for WDW. Not to say I am going to believe it 100%, but he has proven to be pretty reliable in fact checking and information. I'm not saying your wrong, or that he's right, but his record is very good. I don't beilieve anything as fact until it's confirmed either by Disney itself or 3 reliable sources. :wave: WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Thanks! The only reason I say this is because I work over at Disney Theatrical Productions in NYC. We handle all of the stage shows around the globe. Unless there is secret information I wasn't privy too, they are trying not to milk it too fast until the sequel comes out. They want to be ready for the second wave of the HSM fad.

wdwishes2005

Scar Junior said:
Ick, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. I gotta go brush my teeth and take some stomach medicine; this is making me nauseous...
Me too. The words Disney and Channel in the same sentance makes me hurl, and when the words, Disney, Channel, and "good" are in the same sentance i spontaneously combust.

Baums101

Mecha Figment said:
just thought you guys would like to know, there is a good chance a version of Highschool Muiscal is comming to the tomorrowland theater.
Disney has never released a hotel or ride about a Disney show. Probaly just becuase that the shows last a good season.

Chape19714

JRawkSteady said:
Thanks! The only reason I say this is because I work over at Disney Theatrical Productions in NYC. We handle all of the stage shows around the globe. Unless there is secret information I wasn't privy too, they are trying not to milk it too fast until the sequel comes out. They want to be ready for the second wave of the HSM fad.
Wow, Congrats on that Job! Out of curosity, don't mean to be nosy, but in what department do you work? Technical, Management, Acting? I only ask because I'm studing Lighing and sound design, so it all interests me, even the management aspects. Again welcome to the boards, and I hope I don't come off as too nosy!

O, please do keep us updated on the latest for Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid! :wave:

Legacy

haveyoumetmark said:
There is a sequal coming soon and maybe another one after that. It's even being adapted into a broadway musical I think, I know that they have adapted the script so it can be done in any High School. The soundtrack was #1 on iTunes for a couple of weeks, and I'm sure that the DVDs were up there too. Disney is milking this for all it's worth. Maybe even more. If this comes to Tomorrowland along with the rumor of an Incredibles ride at the Tomorrowland Skyway station, the theme is done.
It won't be coming to Broadway. MTI (Musical Theater International) is working out the licensing with Disney for a version of the show that can be done by schools and community theaters.

imagineer boy

wdwishes2005 said:
I don't know. When this happens Tommorrowland is officially DEAD and gone. I'll need to go to DL to have a real TL....

Hate to say it, but DL's tomorrowland isn't much better either.:lol: Sure, they're making some improvements, but its still not that great.

I agree with what someone else said, put the show in the ABC theater! It would be much more welcome there.

THECARISMINE

metscool said:
It basically shows that high school is a hard place for kids and there are things that kids don't want to tell their friends to make them hate them. In high school there are groups of kids that don't talk to each other.

Rapping is even worse when the subject is about play basketball and when the rappers are short white kids that can't really play well to begin with :lookaroun and that.... I'm sorry but That movie was almost too disney Channel for me But I will give it a hand for the very funny danceing that comes out of no where :lol: lol it was the only thing that gave me a reason not to change the channel lol anyway I really don't like the fact that this is going in tomarrowland if its true anyway its just not going to fit if it happens I hope they put it in MGM in anycase It would be a hit anywhere they put it and I'm sure if your like me and you didn't like the movie that isn't going to stop you from going to see it alot more then once:rolleyes: more sad news for Tomarrowland I guess

the-reason14

sweater vest said:
I think they should build a Disney Channel building in MGM studios with a Disney Channel Theater to house the High School Musical show. The building could be part of expanding MGM studios into the studio behind MGM studios which I think is moltley unused.:animwink:

I think thats a much better idea than putting it in MK. It would make way more sense to put it in MGM than at MK.

maybe if they could make it more of an audience thing too. Like a guest has to audition for some of the main parts.

CThaddeus

wdwishes2005 said:

While I like the Tomorrowland here in California, the theme is going to be damaged with the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Regardless of what some people think of Stitch's Great Escape! it has a futuristic theme (space aliens, laser cannons, etc.) and fits in Tomorrowland well. Nemo does not (fish, in case there be those here who have been living in a cave). I'd have liked it better if they'd found a way to link it to Fantasyland instead (kind of like the Indy Speedway at the Magic Kingdom should be linked to Toontown or Fantasyland).
Now as for the Monsters, Inc. attraction, yeah, I don't feel that fits well, but I'll reserve judgment until it opens. Maybe Mike and Sully get thrown into the future or some other odd twist like that. And any stage show in Tomorrowland should really have some kind of futuristic bent, and not just be some silly Cliff's notes version of "Grease for Kids." Regardless, Disney will do what it wants, but I agree it's a shame to lose the Tomorrowland theme. Disney-MGM is a much better location, in my opinion.

dbogue

this has NOTHING to do with tomorrow! and its popular with teenage GIRLS. most guys that i kno cannot stand it. i dont want this going in ANYWHERE personally, but if you do add it, put it in MGM please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom