Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
Funny, I just happen to live in Tallahassee. I don't remember reading about an alleged meeting. Which would have been BIG news, especially during Legislative Session.
I found it! 😉

Here’s the link. I mean, sure it’s from 2011, just like that rendering, but what’s a decade between friends?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Funny, I just happen to live in Tallahassee. I don't remember reading about an alleged meeting. Which would have been BIG news, especially during Legislative Session.

Nearest thing I can find is a week old article about a Brightline board meeting about a potential $1 billion change to include I-Drive. And service wouldn’t begin on the line until 2026, according to WFTV.

“If all goes according to plan, service on the Orlando to Tampa leg- including SunRail to the airport- would begin in late 2026.”

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I found it! 😉

Here’s the link. I mean, sure it’s from 2011, just like that rendering, but what’s a decade between friends?

You are correct...that article is from 2011. That was so 10 years ago.... 🙄

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Nearest thing I can find is a week old article about a Brightline board meeting about a potential $1 billion change to include I-Drive. And service wouldn’t begin on the line until 2026, according to WFTV.

“If all goes according to plan, service on the Orlando to Tampa leg- including SunRail to the airport- would begin in late 2026.”

Brightline is privately funded. We Floridians really messed up when we overturned the constitutional amendment in 2004. Imagine how that bullet train would have kicked off high speed rail throughout the state.

jt04

Brightline is privately funded. We Floridians really messed up when we overturned the constitutional amendment in 2004. Imagine how that bullet train would have kicked off high speed rail throughout the state.

That is what Californians were promised too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom