Higher prices won’t make Disneyland any less crowded - OCR

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/23/higher-prices-wont-make-disneyland-any-less-crowded/

>>
Next month marks the one-year anniversary of the most recent ticket price increases at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Given that price increases have become an annual tradition for Disney, it’s probably a good bet that the next one is coming sooner, rather than later.
But no matter when Disney next increases the price of its theme park tickets and annual passes, I’ll also bet you that the parks will remain packed after it hits. Rising prices do not seem to deter fans from visiting Disney’s theme parks. Why?
If you want an annual pass, you can get a year’s worth of theme park visits for far less at Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios Hollywood, Legoland – heck, at pretty much any theme park in the United States. You can buy a year’s pass at most of those parks for less than the cost of a single day’s Park Hopper at the Disney Resort. So why aren’t more theme park fans abandoning Disney for those alternatives?
Because Disney isn’t just a theme park. It’s a lifestyle. Disneyland is filled with people who watch Disney movies, and kids who play with Disney toys. Disney has reinvented itself over the past generation to become a lifestyle brand – with movies, online services, TV networks, books, music, home décor, clothing, a cruise line and theme parks to entice fans to spend all their free time and money with the Mouse.
That’s why Paradise Pier is becoming Pixar Pier, and the Tower of Terror became a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. For a lifestyle brand to succeed, its movies, TV shows, consumer products and theme park attractions all must work together to promote each other, creating a web of branding that provides a comfy, enticing home for consumers. It’s a one-stop solution for all your entertainment needs.<<

Oh boy, the real reason for Pixar Pier.
I am off to Knott's today to check out the arrival of the new HangTime cars, and enjoy my free meal with my SP plan. And this summer, Kings Dominion and Carowinds will take my Knott's Pass, Six Flags America and Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Sea World) also are covered by my SP's.

Rich T

What a depressing forecast for the resort's future.
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/23/higher-prices-wont-make-disneyland-any-less-crowded/
I am off to Knott's today to check out the arrival of the new HangTime cars, and enjoy my free meal with my SP plan. And this summer, Kings Dominion and Carowinds will take my Knott's Pass, Six Flags America and Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Sea World) also are covered by my SP's.
I am genuinely excited about HangTime at Knott's. I think they've hit a home run with this one: it's perfect for the space and the first dive coaster on the West Coast. Plus, its theming is more appropriate for its boardwalk area than *anything* at Pixar Pier. Planning to skip DCA entirely this year and spend the time at Knott's instead.

Rich T

At Knott's, HangTime track is complete! Photos at darkbeer.smugmug.com
Great shots! I do think this is one good-looking coaster. It does, however make one wish they'd build a tall, hollow peak atop the Callico Mine. :D

And... I haven't been to Knott's in a while and was fascinated by that thing on the train tracks. Looked it up n' learnt some hist'ry! The Galloping Goose??? Awesome! So, do they run this during the off-season when there aren't enough guests to fill the regular train?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Yes, the former Mail Train is used on days with low crowds, or when they are working on the Main engine. It is a Hoot to drive, no Steering wheel on the school bus.

DLR92

Because Disney isn’t just a theme park. It’s a lifestyle. Disneyland is filled with people who watch Disney movies, and kids who play with Disney toys. Disney has reinvented itself over the past generation to become a lifestyle brand – with movies, online services, TV networks, books, music, home décor, clothing, a cruise line and theme parks to entice fans to spend all their free time and money with the Mouse.

That’s why Paradise Pier is becoming Pixar Pier, and the Tower of Terror became a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. For a lifestyle brand to succeed, its movies, TV shows, consumer products and theme park attractions all must work together to promote each other, creating a web of branding that provides a comfy, enticing home for consumers. It’s a one-stop solution for all your entertainment needs.<<

Oh boy, the real reason for Pixar Pier.
Terrible way to promote a lifestyle. :hungover::greedy::greedy::greedy:

Phroobar

Yeah, the tired old argument that Disney has to increase prices to cut down on crowds has been proven to be false as hell for the past ten years.

Crowds will not change at DLR unless management wants to change them. Newsflash: they don't.
It's amazing how people are loyal to name brands. They don't even consider looking outside for something better.

Stevek

Yeah, the tired old argument that Disney has to increase prices to cut down on crowds has been proven to be false as hell for the past ten years.

Crowds will not change at DLR unless management wants to change them. Newsflash: they don't.

Why would they? Crowds keep coming no matter what they do. Smart business says keep increasing prices even if your guests are willing to pay more to get less i.e. less "rides" per visit or are forced to miss the parade or fireworks due to crowds. They easy fix is reducing the AP crowds but that would be financial suicide for Parks and Resorts...unless you could get your most loyal fans to pay enough per pass to cover the lost APs. For every person that won't renew their AP, like us, a new crop will make the investment.

SuddenStorm

I get what the article is saying- but there is a limit to how much Disney can charge. Are we near that limit? I don't think so- but there is a limit.

To flip it, if Disney were priced like the parks listed- I imagine it would be even more crowded than it is now.

TROR

I get what the article is saying- but there is a limit to how much Disney can charge. Are we near that limit? I don't think so- but there is a limit.

To flip it, if Disney were priced like the parks listed- I imagine it would be even more crowded than it is now.
$150 for a single day is my personal limit for Disneyland park. $65 for a single day is my limit for DCA.

Phroobar

If those parks marketed their name like Disney does, they would be packed too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom