High Line West Side construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Apr 12. Finally, all the construction walls have been removed from the West Side high line section in front of Splitsville and Wolfgang Puck's.

IMG_5286.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, May 29. Two additional high line structures are being added to West Side: in front of Curl by Sammy Duvall and Disney Quest. Construction walls are in place. The entrances to the stores on the left are still accessible. The high line structure in front of Disney Quest is already vertical and painted.

IMG_5506.JPG

The concrete supports for the high line in the foreground are behind the construction wall. See photo below taken from second story of Splitsville. The pavement between these two construction sites already has the "faux" pillar remnants in place.

IMG_5507.JPG

roj2323

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 30. Construction walls have moved in front of Splitsville as more "faux" pillar remnants are being added to the pavement between the high line sections.

View attachment 99009

The concrete pillars seen here are NOT for a new high line, but only to hold the construction wall in place.

View attachment 99010

You really have to appreciate the effort they are going through to install themed concrete to tie the High-line segments together.

halltd

I actually really like the High Line concept...and most of the implementation of it (I wish the track bed was more than a white roof and I wish you could go up on the one). But, on Mousesteps' latest photo update, I noticed something that made me question how it is going to terminate at The Landing.

If you look at the below photo, the curved section in front of Characters in Flight appears to turn off into nothingness. The roundabout paving doesn't even seem to be in line with the imaginary offshoot. So, I'm wondering if the old PI bridge is going to get torn out and aligned differently to make the end of the High Line make a bit more sense. The story of the tracks is really cool, so I'm excited to see how they transition into the new sections not yet built.

Or, it's just an optical illusion from the balloon and the above was all just a waste of brain power. :)

Photo courtesy of Mousesteps.
DSC_0950_2.jpg

jt04

I actually really like the High Line concept...and most of the implementation of it (I wish the track bed was more than a white roof and I wish you could go up on the one). But, on Mousesteps' latest photo update, I noticed something that made me question how it is going to terminate at The Landing.

If you look at the below photo, the curved section in front of Characters in Flight appears to turn off into nothingness. The roundabout paving doesn't even seem to be in line with the imaginary offshoot. So, I'm wondering if the old PI bridge is going to get torn out and aligned differently to make the end of the High Line make a bit more sense. The story of the tracks is really cool, so I'm excited to see how they transition into the new sections not yet built.

Or, it's just an optical illusion from the balloon and the above was all just a waste of brain power. :)

DSC_0950_2.jpg

Perhaps they installed it backwards. :facepalm: Looks like it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

DSC_0950_2.jpg

It looks like this is the way it is supposed to be. Here is a plan for that area and you can see the curved part of the high line directly below the Character In Flight balloon, and the bridge is in the same place. I think the idea might be that the train originally passed over the river on it's own bridge which is no longer there.

DS.jpg

dstrawn9889

a turntable is used not only to turn engines around, but to put them on other tracks as well, couldnt there have been a spur there as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom