Hidden Gem Breakfast anywhere on Disney.

datw2@epcot

Original Poster
Hello all I need your help.

We will be at the world in Aug. DH, Disney baby 17months and me. It will be her first visit our 5th anniversary and my birthday.

We have eaten at many restaurants on property and we love the hidden gems.... So help give me your favorite breakfast and why. I want a special birthday breakfast. I booked Kona for now- but we have been there. I want something new.

We love all kinds of food and will have a car to drive!
Thanks so much

datw2@epcot

Original Poster
Kona is always our first breakfast but this year, doing Whispering Canyon Cafe in Wilderness Lodge. For a QS, Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney is fabulous. Grand Floridian Cafe has a wonderful breakfast menu as well. My new fav buffet is Boma for breakfast at Animal Kingdom Lodge :)
Thanks We ate at WCC two years ago and loved it. Wolfgang was also good went years ago. I will look into the GFC and Boma's- Why do you like them?

DisneyDebNJ

Thanks We ate at WCC two years ago and loved it. Wolfgang was also good went years ago. I will look into the GFC and Boma's- Why do you like them?
The food at Boma was wonderful the frunch (tastes alot like the lilikoi juice at Kona) is really good. GFC has excellent breakfast choices, like their lobster eggs benedict, steak and eggs, and citrus pancakes. (plus you're a monorail ride from MK)

Sweet Melissa

I don't know about a hidden gem because word is getting out, but Kouzzina is my favorite breakfast on property. We've been there a number of times and have loved every meal we've had. I particularly recommend their Stacked Kouzzina Breakfast (poached eggs, sweet potato hash, kalamata olive toast, artichoke spread and your choice of bacon or chicken sausage -- choose the latter) and the bloody Marys. Kouzzina also has a great, celebratory atmosphere. We're having breakfast there with our friends and family the day after our wedding, so clearly I think it's a great place to mark a special occasion!

Mrs.Toad

GFC is a good place for a delicious ts breakfast in a lovely atmosphere with scenic views. It was bittersweet recently because we ate on the last morning before heading to the airport to go home. But for many years I always stayed there for like two weeks on end with my parents. I have eaten in almost every place there...a lot.

Have to try Kouzzina. Many rave about it. Checked out the menu and it is right up my ally.

Honestly, I have dropped the ball on breakfast and headed to France in Epcot and got a croissant plain or stuffed with something, a cheese plate, and a delectable chocolate mousse and was happy too.

onesandzeros

If you have a car and are willing to venture off-property, I recommend the Market Street Café in Celebration. Good food and an interesting Town Center. But be warned ….. you’re going to find some restaurants that will draw you back some night for dinner.

GoofyRacer11

If you have a car and are willing to venture off-property, I recommend the Market Street Café in Celebration. Good food and an interesting Town Center. But be warned ….. you’re going to find some restaurants that will draw you back some night for dinner.
We went there for the first time the night before the half marathon last month. They
have really good food and the portions are big as well! My uncle actual took us there because
his apartment is only 5 minutes away from Celebration!

kap91

The Wave has my favorite breakfast on property. It's a relatively cheap buffet(by Disney standards), and has a ton of stuff that's different from your standard eggs, bacon, and sausage. Add to that that their amazing cheesy grits( I normally hate grits btw) and sweet potato pancakes (which taste nothing like sweet potatoes) and its one heck of a breakfast. I also believe a lot of the food there is locally sourced, which as a local, makes me feel bette. :)

datw2@epcot

Original Poster
I don't know about a hidden gem because word is getting out, but Kouzzina is my favorite breakfast on property. We've been there a number of times and have loved every meal we've had. I particularly recommend their Stacked Kouzzina Breakfast (poached eggs, sweet potato hash, kalamata olive toast, artichoke spread and your choice of bacon or chicken sausage -- choose the latter) and the bloody Marys. Kouzzina also has a great, celebratory atmosphere. We're having breakfast there with our friends and family the day after our wedding, so clearly I think it's a great place to mark a special occasion!
I agree we ate at Kouzzina two years ago! I have told everyone about it. dinner was amazing too....We just might have to go back!

datw2@epcot

Original Poster

I have been to Celebration but never for Breakfast! We will have to check it out. Thanks

Mrs.Toad

Just had a wishful thought.
I was thinking how unique and awesome Flying Fish is, and how I would die and camp out on the BW if they ever decided to shoot for a breakfast service. LOL! I would order the potatoes au gratin for breakfast and they can take that creamy leak sauce and just slap it on an omelette for me and I would be psyched. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Whispering Canyon, Boma, and Captain's Grille at YC.

I almost hate to say it because I don't want it to change...but I agree with Captain's Grille at the YC. Good chances on walk-ups, they have a great little menu, the mini-buffet is very reasonably priced (compared to any other buffet at WDW), and the atmosphere is extremely low-key. No chaos. No characters. Calm. Relaxing. Great location. Good food. Generally not as stupid-overpriced as popular places unless it's changed in the past year. So many of the places mentioned aren't exactly hidden gems, they're favorites. Everyone goes to them. Whispering Canyon used to be more obscure but it's really taken off in popularity. In my experience, if a hidden gem shoots up in popularity the thing that made the place so awesome to begin with will vanish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom