Hibachi Restaurant

raetrosclair

We will be in Disney Dec 12 - 18 with a group of 8 people. Does anyone know of a good hibachi restaurant either in or near WDW? We will not have vehicles and will need to take a cab if off property, so proximity is important.

Thanks,
Melissa

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am assuming that you are referring to Tempanyaki dining which is the Japanese style of dining where the chef cooks in front of you....There is of course the restaurant in Japan at Epcot but IMHO it is over priced and the food and show is inferior to your off property options. You best off property option is Kobe located just behind the Crossroads which is just outside of DTD. The food and presentation is excellent and they even have authentic Kobe beef if you are willing to throw down the cash. They also have shrimp sauce and fried rice...two very key items that the restaurant in Japan is lacking.

Upvote 0

rainfully

There's a Benihana in the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Blvd off Downtown Disney... which is technically on Disney Property. You could take a bus to DTD Marketplace and then it's just a short walk!

Upvote 0

hwdelien

I agree with Master Yoda, Tempanyaki is not the best IMHO. My family and I were in epcot in April 2007 and wanted to eat there and it was closed for refurbishment, then when we booked in April 2008 we made sure we had reservations. The selection was poor, the show was uninspired, and the cost was high. I'm not a huge fan of Benihana but it is far superior to Tempanyaki. I have heard really good things about Kobe, but haven't eaten there yet. I will when we go down in April 2009.

Upvote 0

FaerieLuna

Tempanyaki

No disrespect intended here, but it's actually teppanyaki. Teppan in means iron plate and yaki means broiled or fried.

Teppan Edo does not serve fried rice because it's a Chinese dish, not Japanese.

I agree with Master Yoda, Tempanyaki is not the best IMHO. My family and I were in epcot in April 2007 and wanted to eat there and it was closed for refurbishment,

The name of the restaurant in Epcot is Teppan Edo. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom