Hi! Question about La Nouba

sydsan

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I have lurked on this board for years and have gained so much valuable information. We are going to Disney on the 10th and we are wondering if we should consider going to La Nouba. I have a 4 yo daughter and I wonder if she would enjoy it. We have seen other Cirque de Soleil shows around the country and have loved them all but don't really know how my daughter will react. Any advice would be appreciated.

slappy magoo

I guess it all depends on if your daughter can handle being in WDW and not doing something Disneyish for a little while.

I thought the show was awesome. It gave me a little agita, but only because I genuinely get worried they're gonna screw up and fall. I'd go again, and highly recommend it.

Skippy

I will let you know how it is when we go... about a week after you.. hmm..

And welcome to the non-lurker side :wave:

TwoTigersMom

I took my son when he was 2 1/2. He absolutely LOVED it! I'm sure he would love it now as a 5 year old even more. We're reserved for May 2nd 2007.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DS and I went in February and are taking his Grandparents this coming February.

My only caution would be if your daughter can't sit still for something she really likes for a couple of hours. The show is full of constant action and multiple exciting activities going on simultaneously, it'll grab and keep her interest as well as anything can [and yours as well :D]. But if she can't maintain attention that long, it's a very expensive show to have to leave during because she doesn't want to stay.

If she can watch an hour and a half of TV on Saturday mornings without difficulty, she'll absolutely love La Nouba!

octoberbarry

We went last year with our 8-year-old son and we were all mesmerized. It's one of the best things at WDW. I agree with the other posters about your daughter's attention span being the main consideration. It's a VERY entertaining show, with constant stuff to watch and the 2 hours goes by in a blink. Have you watched the video previews with her? If they seem interesting to her, that would be a good indication to you. Follow the links from Disney's website to the Cirque website and you can get a pretty good feel for what the show is like.

lscott933

i have taken my daughter when she was four. she is now eight. that is the only show i have taken her too at that age that she was sitting there the whole time. she didn't get up or want to go half way thru the show like at the movies. good luck and have fun.

Scooter

Hi everyone! I have lurked on this board for years and have gained so much valuable information. We are going to Disney on the 10th and we are wondering if we should consider going to La Nouba. I have a 4 yo daughter and I wonder if she would enjoy it. We have seen other Cirque de Soleil shows around the country and have loved them all but don't really know how my daughter will react. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to the boards!

La Nouba is a great show but very pricey and IMO, it's a show that only needs to be seen once. You didn't mention in your post if you were a frequent visitor to Walt Disney World. If you go to WDW often, I would recommend you wait until a year or two more before taking your child to see La Nouba. Only you know your childs habits but unless you can be sure your child will not get figgitey, I'd suggest you wait until your child is old enough to sit still for 2 hours. I'd hate to spend 2 hours shushing my child after spending big Bucks for those La Nouba tickets.:brick:

obsessedw/wdw

One thing I will mention, since you said you have been to other Cirque shows before, LaNouba is shorter in time than the traveling shows. La Nouba show time is hour and half with no intermission, while traveling shows are two hours in show time, plus 20 minute intermission. Also the seats are MUCH more comfortable at LaNouba than in a touring show as well.

I suggest you go, La Nouba is great. (although not as good as Quidam)

Alztybrn

I definately agree. I took our daughter who turned 5 on the trip. She absolutely loved it. The only concern she had, was some of it was a bit loud for her. Her ears are fairly sensitive.

I also disagree with the above poster, it can definatley be seen more than once. We went 2 years in a row and loved it both times. There is SO much to see, it can definately be viewed more that once.

BTW...we did not take our 2 1/2 y/o. I just felt he would not sit through the entire show without distracting others. IT definately depends on your children.

MickeyTigg

I guess it all depends on if your daughter can handle being in WDW and not doing something Disneyish for a little while.

I thought the show was awesome. It gave me a little agita, but only because I genuinely get worried they're gonna screw up and fall. I'd go again, and highly recommend it.

I would think that it would have more to do with how long she can sit. The show is long and expensive....I'd hate to have to miss any of it because of an antsy kid.

We took the kids last June for the first time (ages 10 & 6).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom