HHN and no cameras ?

Camelot

Original Poster
I just read the 'fine print' on my HHN ticket and see that they don't allow cameras and recording devices.

I am so bummed out because I wanted to take lots of photos, you know.

What are they afraid of?

cdunbar

Yeah I know that when we go to Howl-O-Scream at Bush Gardens we can take pictures in the scare zones, but not in the houses, so I imagine that's probably what they mean.

T-1MILLION

Please note this is for inside Mazes and also inside Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. Even with parody rights, a lot of big companies (Disney being one of them) get very angry and legal happy with their properties being parodied in negative light. So unfortunately to avoid what happens they had to start asking and pushing that there is no flash photography or video recording thanks to youtube and other sharing sites, and companies seeing them.

As far as the Scare Zones and any area outside of that show and Mazes feel free to take as many pics a you want. Scare Actors in Scare Zones will often to a quick freaky or scary pose with ya and are quite often great sports about hamming it up for the camera

figment1988

Please note this is for inside Mazes and also inside Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. Even with parody rights, a lot of big companies (Disney being one of them) get very angry and legal happy with their properties being parodied in negative light. So unfortunately to avoid what happens they had to start asking and pushing that there is no flash photography or video recording thanks to youtube and other sharing sites, and companies seeing them.

As far as the Scare Zones and any area outside of that show and Mazes feel free to take as many pics a you want. Scare Actors in Scare Zones will often to a quick freaky or scary pose with ya and are quite often great sports about hamming it up for the camera

This is indeed true.
*SPOILER ALERT FOR BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT HALLOWEEN ADVENTURE 2006*
What happened was that they spoofed Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann (who was depicted as a hard-partying pirate), and Davy Jones. Apparently, Disney was rather peeved by this upon seeing footage of the 2006 show on YouTube. Disney wasn't the only one who was miffed by the spoofing of their characters. Warner Brothers apparently was planning a "cease and desist" action due to Lex Luthor, and as a result, the last week's showings of bill and ted featured Dr. Evil as the main villain. Because of these problems, from 2007 onward to the present day, Universal's been mega-strict with photography and videotaping for bill and ted
*END SPOILERS*

RogueHabit

Same deal with the Rocky Horror show that goes on in the Beatlejuice stage. Went to 2008 and was al ready to video the show, having videoed the who of Beatlejuice during the day, but was (very politely) told by a CM that no cameras were alound.

Is a shame cos it was a great, if a little risque in places, show. I suspect that the risque element may be why they don't want you videoing it, but who knows.

Thrill Seeker

Universal is pretty strict in general about cameras, but in certain areas you can get away with filming as long as you are sneaky about it. I wouldn't for the houses or Bill & Ted at HHN, but as far as the rides, just be creative when you film them.

trr1

Be prepared for the $59.00 general admission and $10.00 parking! Must see attractions are: The mummy,the terminator 2:3-d,jurassic park, backdraft,waterworld,shrek-4d, back to the future,the special effects stages,van helsing fortress dracula,studio tour, and animal actors.a good tip: Get there at 9 o'clock in the morning.wait times are 5 min. Each ride.the wait gets much longer later in the day. Also see city walk. Have a fun time!

when did they rebuild back to the future?

mrmischief

[UOTE=Catch 22;4311097]Same deal with the Rocky Horror show that goes on in the Beatlejuice stage. Went to 2008 and was al ready to video the show, having videoed the who of Beatlejuice during the day, but was (very politely) told by a CM that no cameras were alound.

Is a shame cos it was a great, if a little risque in places, show. I suspect that the risque element may be why they don't want you videoing it, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

We were also there in 2008 and I have all the Beatlejuice review on camera. I had no idea that it was prohibited :shrug:

Oops sorry! got it wrong thought it was referring to the daily show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom