Hhn 2007

bayoutinkbelle

Original Poster
Just thought I'd throw this out.

I had an e-mail invite to do a survey on HHN, which mostly asked questions about pricing and Universal Express (whether or not I'd use it). There was this little bit of info I thought I'd pass along. Whether or not it's true, or just filler for the survey :shrug: ... decide for yourself.

It's Not Too Early to Start Panicking About Halloween Horror Nights
Plans are being made. Blades are being sharpened. Body parts are being stitched together. Halloween Horror Nights 2007 promises to be the greatest exhibition of pure terror ever unleashed at Universal Orlando Resort.
· For the first time ever you'll come face to face with some of the biggest names in horror
· More haunted houses than ever before
· Two all new live shows
· A hilarious new Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure
· Our most immersive Halloween Horror Nights with all new frights and entertainment everywhere you turn.
So make plans to attend this year's Halloween Horror Nights. You may never want to leave...in fact, you may never get the chance.

pheneix

Universal is slowly starting to figure out how to run a theme park again. I've heard good things about HHN this year. I'm looking forward to it.

bayoutinkbelle

Original Poster
Universal is slowly starting to figure out how to run a theme park again. I've heard good things about HHN this year. I'm looking forward to it.

I actually was surprised to see a survey from Universal. I've done surveys for Disney more times than I can count, but never for Universal.

The one thing that wasn't asked, but I definitely put down in the comment section, was that I wanted to see the RIP tours back this year. I did one last year and it ruled!

cmatt

i will never have the chance to go :( mrs cmatt is a primary school teacher *sigh*

still - nice to see universal are starting to sort things out :)

Peaches Magee

The last one I went to was like in 2000 or something and and had gone like the 5 years previous too, but I had heard it kinda went downhill. But I always did love it. Halloween and theme parks, like two of my favorite things... how can you go wrong? But apparently they did.
Haven't been to US since probably 2001 and same with IOA I went like right after it opened. I always wanted to make it back but never did. Opted for Disney instead I suppose :)

But hoping to get back to some thrill riding soon,definately for Halloween then... but only after the "Not So Scary Party" :sohappy:

Legacy

The only thing I put in my comment space (as futile as it is), was "Less beer, more fear."

But, like I said. We'll see what happens with that...

bayoutinkbelle

Original Poster
The only thing I put in my comment space (as futile as it is), was "Less beer, more fear."

I can completely relate. I wrote that the reason we opted for the RIP tour was to avoid dealing with drunks. And when you think about it, that probably was Universal's plan all along -- sell more alcohol and sell more RIP tours to those who want to avoid the drunks. :shrug:

But the bigger reason is to avoid the lines. I knew we had made the right choice when we waltzed right by a line with a waiting time of 75 minutes. If those tours aren't back this year, I'll seriously reconsider going at all.

tr1plese7en

I have gone the past 3 years in a row and have never done the express pass or anything like that. I miss both parks being open for HHN. Plus I want the parade to come back too.

sknydave

I always thought HHN was pretty lame. I like the way they set up the streets and have actors doing cool things outside, but the "haunted houses" were pretty crappy. Waaaaaaaaay too many drunken idiots stumbling around.

Valawen9

I always thought HHN was pretty lame. I like the way they set up the streets and have actors doing cool things outside, but the "haunted houses" were pretty crappy. Waaaaaaaaay too many drunken idiots stumbling around.

My first two times at HHN were the best and I was actually scared. It was at least 5 years ago though. Since then it hasn't been as good. I liked it better when they only let a certain amount of people inside the haunted houses at a time. It was freakier. It did cause really, really long lines though. I haven't been in like 2 years just because I was so disappointed with it the last couple of times. I want to go back this year though to see if its gotten any better.

Scar Junior

I've got some general questions about HHN 2007:

I've never been to HHN. When does it start (first of oct?) and how much does it cost?

Most of all, I'm wondering if I should head over and check it out. What do you guys think about it? I've heard from several people that it's better than MNSSHP for the 20s market. I'm one of those rare film students who really doesn't like horror films, though I love 'haunted hay rides' and getting spooked. What is there to do? Do guests dress up?

tr1plese7en

I've got some general questions about HHN 2007:

I've never been to HHN. When does it start (first of oct?) and how much does it cost?

Most of all, I'm wondering if I should head over and check it out. What do you guys think about it? I've heard from several people that it's better than MNSSHP for the 20s market. I'm one of those rare film students who really doesn't like horror films, though I love 'haunted hay rides' and getting spooked. What is there to do? Do guests dress up?

It usually starts the last weekend of Sept. Cost depends on when you go. Sun-Thurs ($20-30) are the cheapest days, Friday costs a little more, and Saturday is the most expensive day to go ($50ish i think).

If you have never been before I would suggest you go and check it out. There are about 7 haunted houses to go through. About 4-5 scarezones where actors walk around and scare people. No guests can dress up because of the scareactors that walk around. The main rides stay open.

If you do go I suggest going as early in the month as possible to avoid crowds but weekdays are another alternative to that. One thing that been consistently good is the Bill & Ted show. It's pretty funny every year. Kind of like a live version of Scary Movie where they do spoofs of big things in pop culture in the past year.

ImaYoyo

It usually starts the last weekend of Sept. Cost depends on when you go. Sun-Thurs ($20-30) are the cheapest days, Friday costs a little more, and Saturday is the most expensive day to go ($50ish i think).

If you have never been before I would suggest you go and check it out. There are about 7 haunted houses to go through. About 4-5 scarezones where actors walk around and scare people. No guests can dress up because of the scareactors that walk around. The main rides stay open.

If you do go I suggest going as early in the month as possible to avoid crowds but weekdays are another alternative to that. One thing that been consistently good is the Bill & Ted show. It's pretty funny every year. Kind of like a live version of Scary Movie where they do spoofs of big things in pop culture in the past year.
We usually go on Halloween every year, as well as the 2nd or 3rd night it's offered (try to make it a week-day event) and we've never really had to fight with crowds on either. Though, we usually invest in the eXpress pass they offer specially for HHN, and that helps A LOT.

disney_nutter

has anyone been to the offical site latley theres talk about t being the 17th year and the name mary shaw has popped up. here s a little verse from the site.

Beware the stare of mary shaw
she had no children only dolls
and if you see her do not scream or she will tear your tounge out at the seam.

could this be the possible story line for this year. its a small world gets pocessed. heres the link http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/deadsilence.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom