Hey! Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge?

dreday3

Original Poster
I'll be honest. Some of the worst bus service I have had was at Y&BC. Sure you can walk to Epcot and DHS, but AK and MK were painful. Had good luck with buses this year though from WL

Yes, we experienced that at Beach. It still won't be as bad as GDT! 😂
It will all be fine I'm sure!

We are just happy to be back in the Epcot resort area this next trip (it's been a while), then we'll venture out somewhere different again.

mattpeto

We drink in the evenings, at dinners - not to the point of being drunk, but we shouldn't drive, especially somewhere unfamiliar.
No rental car for us. :)
I think GDT was just bad luck, but still, it soured our opinion.

I know we still have to bus to 2 parks at Beach, but that's better than 3 or 4 and we can Uber if really bad.

It's okay! We've tried other hotels between our Yacht/Beach stays, so we do stay other places. We will try WL for sure.

I think you made the right move.

Wilderness Lodge is an amazing resort and by the time you go, the Blue launch should be back as well. And it sure would be nice to catch the Electrical Pageant, I have seen that in a long time...

That being said, Beach Club (along with YC and BW) make it the most desirable location at Disney property (Poly would score #2 after these batch). Especially with hoppers or you have EPCOT nights planned...

EDIT: I think the bus transportation woes is overrrated. I stayed at AKL last time (that's actually my current favorite) and we had to wait a couple of times, but it wasn't a deal breaker. You just have to plan a little bit more of a buffer with a bus.

dreday3

Original Poster
I think you made the right move.

Wilderness Lodge is an amazing resort and by the time you go, the Blue launch should be back as well. And it sure would be nice to catch the Electrical Pageant, I have seen that in a long time...

That being said, Beach Club (along with YC and BW) make it the most desirable location at Disney property (Poly would score #2 after these batch). Especially with hoppers or you have EPCOT nights planned...

EDIT: I think the bus transportation woes is overrrated. I stayed at AKL last time (that's actually my current favorite) and we had to wait a couple of times, but it wasn't a deal breaker. You just have to plan a little bit more of a buffer with a bus.

We will have Hoppers and also plan on a more Epcot heavy trip!

NelleBelle

I'll add to the fact that we had the worst bus experience when we stayed at YC in April! We ended up using a Lyft to get to Contemporary and Poly for dining reservations because the buses to MK were running nonexistent (and morning bus service anywhere was horrible)!! I loved the location for EP and HS, but the buses were horrible!!!

harryk

If the rooms at Boulder Ridge we're refurbished I would finally try it and would have pushed it for our next trip. Alas I was outvoted and family wanted SSR. I second what you said about BC's pool. It was stressful too many blind spots.
Yes, the rooms were much better and had a wilderness theme before they were refurbished a few years back. Hope they do refurbish them real soon and go back to the original theme. But--I'm too nostalgic .

Imhere

In dozens of resort trips and a ton of resorts, transportation has never really been an issue for us.

You just can't plan on when a bus is going to be there or if it's coming in 20 minutes, or even an hour, every resort is the same in that regard.

We have stayed at WL 4 times, gun to my head, it's probably my favorite resort. But, I have never stayed at a resort I didn't love.

Going from AKL to MK, or from AKL to Epcot for dinner has just not even been a topic of conversation when choosing a resort.

One thing I do like about YC/BC is stormalong bay. I have a couple of bad feet and sinking them into that sand on the bottom of the pool is like a massage.

The Great Gonzo

I actually like Wilderness' theming and location to Magic Kingdom more. But variety is the spice of life, I'd like to stay at both of them.

DISR

I know this is OBE for the OP at this point, but for the record, I think the rooms at Yacht Club are much better. The theme at BC seems to have a significantly greater appeal to most, but they are essentially the same hotel and YC has better designed rooms and balconies. This is old news to many folks, but it is worth repeating for people new to the forums.

Last edited:

Imhere

I know this is OBE for the OP at this point, but for the record, I think the rooms at Yacht Club are much better. The theme at BC seems to have a significantly great appeal to most, but they are essentially the same hotel and YC has better designed rooms and balconies. This is old news to many folks, but it is worth repeating for people new to the forums.
We like Yacht because all rooms have a balcony.

dreday3

Original Poster
I know this is OBE for the OP at this point, but for the record, I think the rooms at Yacht Club are much better. The theme at BC seems to have a significantly greater appeal to most, but they are essentially the same hotel and YC has better designed rooms and balconies. This is old news to many folks, but it is worth repeating for people new to the forums.

While I like the "wood" floors in the Yacht Club, I am not a fan of the style of the furniture or all the dark wood. Just my own personal taste! :)
I do love the curtains though.

Honestly I love both resorts, stayed at both, but I Iike the bright/airy feel of Beach. Also, we just aren't big balcony people unless we pay for a good view (which isn't in the cards this trip).
But I won't have hurt feelings if they have to transfer me to Yacht for any reason. :D

DISR

While I like the "wood" floors in the Yacht Club, I am not a fan of the style of the furniture or all the dark wood. Just my own personal taste! :)

Honestly I love both resorts, stayed at both, but I Iike the bright/airy feel of Beach. Also, we just aren't big balcony people unless we pay for a good view (which isn't in the cards this trip).
But I won't have hurt feelings if they have to transfer me to Yacht for any reason. :D
Agree on the wood floors, but I got over that quickly. These might be the best designed rooms I have ever stayed in. Huge amounts of storage, great lighting, great bathroom, outlets and USBs in all the right places. The details and thought that went into this design are exceptional.

tpoly88

i do have to agree i like the YC better as the rooms are bigger and the layout better. BC always felt tight but still very nice. WL we stayed here a couple times, big issue was getting a king bed as back in the day disney would give you "well we cant guarantee you'll get a king bed" Food at the WL is good, love the pool bar and indoor bar. Coolest experience we had at the WL was staying club level and we had the Honeymoon suite! That was neat. Bottom line not going to go wrong with either hotel, its just personal preference. As far as transportation, we take Uber/Lyft everywhere as its too easy to do so.

dreday3

Original Poster
i do have to agree i like the YC better as the rooms are bigger and the layout better. BC always felt tight but still very nice. WL we stayed here a couple times, big issue was getting a king bed as back in the day disney would give you "well we cant guarantee you'll get a king bed" Food at the WL is good, love the pool bar and indoor bar. Coolest experience we had at the WL was staying club level and we had the Honeymoon suite! That was neat. Bottom line not going to go wrong with either hotel, its just personal preference. As far as transportation, we take Uber/Lyft everywhere as its too easy to do so.

It's still early days, maybe by the time trip rolls around I'll have a windfall of cash and can book a Yacht Club water view! :D

DISR

I stayed in that "honeymoon suite" a couple of times as well...such great memories of WL. It is still my sentimental and themed favorite. YC/BC are more about functionality and location.

Last edited:

MissViv

Just returned from Yacht Club and I would not stay there again. Food court was not good - hardly any selections and did not open until 7:00 a.m. I am used to walking down to food court to get coffee earlier than that. Keurig in room made AWFUL undrinkable coffee.

Of course, we did not use the pools (too COLD), so if that is your main reason for Beach or Yacht Club then it might be better.

The only thing Yacht, Beach & Boardwalk have going for them is the location to Epcot & HS. It was a great walk to Epcot and we caught Rat early one morning with only a 40 min. wait time. LOL

If and when I go back to DW, I will stay at Poly or Contemporary for monorail. Both of these have more food selections and just an overall better Disney experience. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Imhere

If and when I go back to DW, I will stay at Poly or Contemporary for monorail. Both of these have more food selections and just an overall better Disney experience. Of course, this is just my opinion.
Have stayed at each multiple times, Contemporary is my favorite monorail resort. Bigger rooms, we like the pool, cant beat walking to MK.

DfromATX

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge (Canyon Creek) last February and loved it! It is now my favorite resort. It must have been a renovated room because it was really nice and modern. It was a corner unit that overlooked the lake and Geyser Point and the pool was super close. But, we like to try new resorts each trip so I'd personally pick the Beach Club just because I've never stayed there. I attached two photos - one of the room and one of the view from the patio. Oops sorry, my patio shot won't upload, not sure why.

Attachments

• room-1166.jpg
    room-1166.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom