Hey! Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge?

dreday3

Original Poster
Oh man, that is a tough one. I absolutely love Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club is great too. Since you haven't stayed at WL, I'd pick that one for the trip. It's not as convenient to get to the parks as BC is, but it just has such a great atmosphere that can make up for that.

I think it's coming down to that - atmosphere. I LOOOOVE Beach/Yacht, but I feel like we need a big injection of the "Disney feel" next trip. Last trip wasn't the greatest and while we loved Gran Destino, the entire resort just felt...not the same.

Our trips aren't as park heavy anymore, so I think we'd really enjoy hanging around the resort at Wilderness Lodge.

Or we're going on a Celebrity Cruise. 😂

Thanks all!

correcaminos

Personally I think in pretty much every way that WL is superior to BC. Buses from WL to parks are more regularly running than BC in my experience. Had some of the worst waits at BC in my experience.

dreday3

Original Poster
I was busy today.

We booked WL courtyard view for April 2023 (room only opened up) and also a Celebrity Cruise, same time-frame! Now we just have to decide which to keep. We'll see what the year brings...thanks all for your opinions! :D

dreday3

Original Poster
I'm weak. Very weak.

I found out a standard view room was available at Beach Club and only a bit more than what we had booked for Wilderness Lodge, so I switched to Beach Club. 😬 My other half said he would rather have stormalong bay over the WL pool.

Also the luxury of walking in and out of Epcot and boat/walk to DHS is just too great for us to pass up. We love it so much and this trip is going to be more Epcot heavy, soooo....

Beach Club it is!

wlodge_man

I'm weak. Very weak.

I found out a standard view room was available at Beach Club and only a bit more than what we had booked for Wilderness Lodge, so I switched to Beach Club. 😬
The luxury of walking in and out of Epcot and boat/walk to DHS is just too great for us to pass up. We love it so much and this trip is going to be more Epcot heavy, soooo....

Beach Club it is!
1643315707876.png

I need a drink....

UNCgolf

I'm weak. Very weak.

I found out a standard view room was available at Beach Club and only a bit more than what we had booked for Wilderness Lodge, so I switched to Beach Club. 😬 My other half said he would rather have stormalong bay over the WL pool.

Also the luxury of walking in and out of Epcot and boat/walk to DHS is just too great for us to pass up. We love it so much and this trip is going to be more Epcot heavy, soooo....

Beach Club it is!

You made the right decision.

UNCgolf

Standard view room at Beach Club

View attachment 616944

Standard view room at WL (with bonus fireworks view)

View attachment 616949

I know which room I liked better. ;)

For me it's about the location (although I prefer Boardwalk Inn to Beach/Yacht Club); the room view doesn't really matter to me because I really don't spend any time there. I think that Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht combo has the best resort location at WDW.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
For me it's about the location (although I prefer Boardwalk Inn to Beach/Yacht Club); the room view doesn't really matter to me because I really don't spend any time there. I think that Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht combo has the best resort location at WDW.
I'm all about proximity to MK. I spend a lot of time on a balcony, so view matters. And Boulder Ridge pool is my favorite pool on property.

Different strokes for different folks....one of the many reasons I'm glad WDW has varied resort options.

UNCgolf

I'm all about proximity to MK. I spend a lot of time on a balcony, so view matters. And Boulder Ridge pool is my favorite pool on property.

Different strokes for different folks....one of the many reasons I'm glad WDW has varied resort options.

Absolutely.

I think if I was going to spend a lot of time on a hotel balcony I'd be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but as you said it's all relative!

EDIT: As an example, a lot of people like staying at CBR because of the Skyliner. For me, the presence of the Skyliner makes me less likely to stay somewhere since it becomes the expected mode of transportation. I don't really like it, so I don't want to have reduced bus service etc. in favor of the Skyliner.

We love Edna Mode

Stayed at both-love both! WL is a bit cheaper (can buy more souvenirs) and…the restaurant at WL, Geyser Point, is top notch. Last vacation we ate there three nights!

dreday3

Original Poster
in 2017 we had the greatest view we've ever had at Polynesian Village. We were in Fiji facing the marina with a third floor balcony and we saw it all! Contemporary, Great Ceremonial House the water, the pool, Space Mountain!!!

That was also one of our worst trips ever...hmmm. 🤔 😂

Last edited:

correcaminos

I have stayed in various rooms at both resorts. While Beach Club has dropped on my list of favorites, WL has grown. The theming is worlds apart and the locations couldn't be more different. I always say though try new things and resorts when you can. This resort does not disappoint.

dreday3

Original Poster
I have stayed in various rooms at both resorts. While Beach Club has dropped on my list of favorites, WL has grown. The theming is worlds apart and the locations couldn't be more different. I always say though try new things and resorts when you can. This resort does not disappoint.

It's definitely on our list.

We just had such a terrible time with transportation at Gran Destino last trip (really bad, one of the reasons we probably won't ever stay there again), we want to stay somewhere with easy access to the most parks. And we haven't stayed at Beach/Yacht since 2014 and each time we stayed somewhere else, really wished we were staying there.

Club Cooloholic

We just had such a terrible time with transportation at Gran Destino last trip (really bad, one of the reasons we probably won't ever stay there again), we want to stay somewhere with easy access to the most parks. And we haven't stayed at Beach/Yacht since 2014 and each time we stayed somewhere else, really wished we were staying there.
A rental car makes it all so much easier. We loved staying at Kidani Village, covered parking relatively right near your room, and that resort can't be beat for theme.

dreday3

Original Poster
A rental car makes it all so much easier. We loved staying at Kidani Village, covered parking relatively right near your room, and that resort can't be beat for theme.

We drink in the evenings, at dinners - not to the point of being drunk, but we shouldn't drive, especially somewhere unfamiliar.
No rental car for us. :)
I think GDT was just bad luck, but still, it soured our opinion.

I know we still have to bus to 2 parks at Beach, but that's better than 3 or 4 and we can Uber if really bad.

It's okay! We've tried other hotels between our Yacht/Beach stays, so we do stay other places. We will try WL for sure.

correcaminos

I'll be honest. Some of the worst bus service I have had was at Y&BC. Sure you can walk to Epcot and DHS, but AK and MK were painful. Had good luck with buses this year though from WL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom