Here are the meals I reserved!!

rhodehogg

Here are the meals I reserved JUST this morning, and we are going Sept 22-30. I know, I thought the travel agent had reserved them already, and she hadn't. Anyway, this is what I got:

Cinderellas Royal Table 4pm
Chef Mickey 11am
Crystal Palace 4pm
50's Prime TIme 4pm
Ohana 9:30 am
Garden Grill 4:30
COral Reef 11:40

Keep in mind that we have two children (girl-7 and boy5) going with us and this is our first trip to disney. Does this look ok to y'all. I reserved one sit down per day. I tried to get the fantasmic package, and they were sold out. Oh well. Tell me what you think. We are staying at All Stars Sports.

daverube

Your list looks great; however, I'd consider switching 50's Prime Time for the Sci-Fi theatre. We like both restaurants, but I think your kids may enjoy the in-car dining and big theatre screen more than the black and white tv shows and "mom" or "dad" telling them to eat their vegetables....

If you stick with 50sPT, be sure to get some s'mores for dessert!!

Also, don't forget to get Dole Whip Floats while in MK!!!!

I hope you have a great trip!!

dave

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Nice choices.
The only one I might reconsider is Coral Reef. Yes, it's neat eating while watching the fish, but as another has mentioned, the menu is surprisingly limited and I think overpriced (for comparative Disney).

Crystal Palace we avoid due to the noise and craziness of the character meals. Liberty Tree Tavern is more relaxed. I prefer their lunch menu, dinner is a buffet...but still a nice time with better character interaction.

Upvote 0

daverube

cdunbar said:
I am almost positive that I recently read that the Sci-Fi drive in was voted one of the worst restaurants on disney property:rolleyes:

Link??? Or is that where the "almost" comes in?? :kiss:

As for the fiancee and I, we really enjoyed the Sci-Fi Cafe....then again, it was her birthday and we got received a free sundae that was large enough for a family of 10....

dave

Upvote 0

rhodehogg

Original Poster
Thank you for all of your posts. Just a note - we have free dining, so I don't feel so bad trying some of the restaurants that are questionable. (Coral Reef) We also thought about trying SciFi for a dessert at some point instead of dining there. With the free dining, we may be able to spend a little for an extra dessert!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
rhodehogg said:
Thank you for all of your posts. Just a note - we have free dining, so I don't feel so bad trying some of the restaurants that are questionable. (Coral Reef) We also thought about trying SciFi for a dessert at some point instead of dining there. With the free dining, we may be able to spend a little for an extra dessert!

We usually enjoy SciFi for lunch. Even if you are paying outside of the plan, you can get decent burgers, salads and the like while sitting in a really fun atmosphere for a reasonable bill. It's a nice experience for all.

In case you haven't checked it out, you can get a good look at menu's for all at:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

and here's the limited Coral Reef Menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_cr.htm

But you are right, being on the plan is the time to try it!
Enjoy!

Upvote 0

isitingood

goofyfamily said:
My kids love Chef Mickeys we have to eat there every trip now. We also loved Cinderellas Castle but mainly for atmoshphere. The only one we did not like was Crystal Palace. Unless your kids are under 5 the characters are Winnie The Pooh and it is not very friendly there. I personally dont care for it There was a little girl that went up to Pooh and they told her to sit down and wait at her table. We are going to try Liberty Tree this year instead. Also we have added 900 Park Fare for a change. I have read alot of reviews and The Garden Grill doesnt have a great menu . Just another tip we really enjoyed the Wyspering Canyon at the Wilderness lodge a lot of fun for the kids.[/quote

Sorry you had a bad experience at Crystal Palace. I go there every year and never had problem. When you are seated the hostess does tell you that the characters will come to the table. If one kid is able to get up then all the kids will get up and then it becomes a madhouse. The Garden Grill and Liberty Tree are pretty much the same you don't get to order what you want they just bring whatever they are having out to you. I liked 1900 park fare but I am partial to the GF, good Prime Rib and Aurora was in the lobby that night.

Upvote 0

Lucky

From your list, we've done CRT, Chef M's, and Garden Grill, and liked them enough that they're on our list for next month. We have not been to Coral Reef, but it's also on our list. With the free dining plan, choices are as much about the atmosphere as about the food. Our kids will love the setting at Coral Reef. Even if the menu is limited, after a big (free) counter service meal for lunch, who cares?

We're also doing Mama Melrose's (Fantasmic package - keep calling back, or just show up and see if anything's available), Rose & Crown (nice for the beer and fireworks), Boma (rave reviews, but we skipped it for cost reasons when we stayed at AKL a few years ago), and Crystal Palace (for the Pooh characters).

Upvote 0

demento57

cdunbar said:
I am almost positive that I recently read that the Sci-Fi drive in was voted one of the worst restaurants on disney property:rolleyes:

I dont remember much about the food from my previous experience there. The only thing I remember was the the loop on the screen was REALLY REALLY SHORT. Also w/ the servers walking by reciting the lines that have been chiseled into their minds, kinda ruined it.

They'd be much better off showing complete versions of B-movies rather than an 8 minute loop.

Upvote 0

daverube

demento57 said:
I dont remember much about the food from my previous experience there. The only thing I remember was the the loop on the screen was REALLY REALLY SHORT. Also w/ the servers walking by reciting the lines that have been chiseled into their minds, kinda ruined it.

They'd be much better off showing complete versions of B-movies rather than an 8 minute loop.

I think the loop is around 30-40 minutes....I've only been there once, but I know we didn't see the same stuff more than twice....however, I agree with the B-movie idea...

dave

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
demento57 said:

I really enjoy that part...especially when you have a dozen or more of them saying it in unison. The environment is meant to be a bit cheesy, and the dialog in those movies just has to be made fun of.

Upvote 0
ClemsonTigger said:
I really enjoy that part...especially when you have a dozen or more of them saying it in unison. The environment is meant to be a bit cheesy, and the dialog in those movies just has to be made fun of.

I love it too...and I agree...I think the loop is at least 30 min. because we're usually there about an hour, and we only see things twice.

Seriously, the repeating of the lines...it cracks me up. Probably because I used to be a waitress, and I also used to work at Old Navy when I was younger. Those cheesy cds with phrases like, "Wouldn't you like to checker up your Valentine's Day with our new Old Navy Polo shirts and checkered lounge pants?"

We'd repeat that stuff ALL the time...always makes me smile and made work a better day;)

BTW, last time at PT50's, one waiter spent fifteen minutes finding pics of OUR waiter on his cell phone. Embarassing pics. Awesome pics. It was the best time we've ever had there...one kept telling the other to go on a diet, the other kept telling our waiter to learn some damn English....hehehe!

Upvote 0

DisneySam

cdunbar said:

That stinks, the Sci Fi is my favorite, its the only restaurant I will go out of my way to make sure we eat at.

I LOVE Ohana and actually reserved it for my trip also! I tried to get Cinderella's but was not down for the $90 pre-payment (for 2 guests.) Well worth it I am sure, but not for this trip unfortunately.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom