Here’s to Hoot and Chief...

BoarderPhreak

I've seen these videos. Plus the one on Walt's plane. There's more coming from Matt "every week."

I found it interesting how they've all been around Buzzy, and use the #SaveBuzzy hashtag on YouTube (and Twitter). I think these guys are all trying to say, "we didn't steal him, don't look at us!" We're criminals, but no Buzzy thieves.

That said, I applaud H&C for documenting Horizons. RIP, ol' gal. And Chief.

mergatroid

They told Leonard Kinsey how to get backstage in the Mexico pavilion. Here's their commentary on Leonard's foray backstage

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Also, you see this Swonsa kid shooting basically pointless stuff just prove he can do it...there’s like no real other point as far as I see... Hoot and Chief were documenting. I get the feeling they were real fans while with some of these others it’s just more fodder for their channel. Again, not condoning...just admiring those who maybe deserve it...and giving the to those who don’t. I guess it’s for each person to decide for themselves...

What I do see is Disney tightening the noose on this stuff because there’s now so many boneheads doing this stuff. The theft issue just adds nails to the coffin...

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Chief is featured on this Darkside of Disney video at around the 8:50 mark. It's probably some of the last footage of him whilst he chats to the adult actress Draven Star. A word of warning, there's some bad language on this video

Interesting to see a much younger AdamtheWoo in this video. I’ll admit I’ve gained a lot of respect for him since he was banned and made some very responsible choices to remedy the situation... I do enjoy his content. Especially since he went legit.

Tom Morrow

Pretty sure their original intention was for the thrill of it. Maybe they had huge respect for Disney but they were doing it to see what they could get away with, not some attempt to document Horizons for future generations. They later framed it this way.

Tom Morrow

Also, you see this Swonsa kid shooting basically pointless stuff just prove he can do it...there’s like no real other point as far as I see...
Which of Sonswa’s videos are pointless? All of his Disney videos are things the fans have always wanted to see. The rest of his videos are standard urban exploration stuff. I would argue that the Big Thunder one is the only pointless one that serves no other purpose than to show off.

Brer Oswald

Why do you think Hoot & Chief climbed Splash Mountain at night during it's construction?
They were reckless young adults being reckless young adults. I’m not bothered by urban explorers. There’s just a huge difference to how Sonswa carries himself. He doesn’t care at all. He’s trying to capitalize on a trend.

Hoot and Chief were the first people to really do this kind of stuff, or at least record it. It was a different time and place. But as you see through their videos, they knew what they were doing, and they were super fascinated with everything they discovered.

Brer Oswald

Pretty sure their original intention was for the thrill of it. Maybe they had huge respect for Disney but they were doing it to see what they could get away with, not some attempt to document Horizons for future generations. They later framed it this way.
They only started doing this after Horizons closed the first time. They didn’t know how much time they had before it closed for good. They’d set up shots just to capture certain scenes, and would dumpster dive for the rejected props. There was definitely a thrill aspect to it, but the documentation and love of Horizons wasn’t some new angle they tried to spin later on. That was always the main intent.

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Which of Sonswa’s videos are pointless? All of his Disney videos are things the fans have always wanted to see. The rest of his videos are standard urban exploration stuff. I would argue that the Big Thunder one is the only pointless one that serves no other purpose than to show off.
That’s the one in particular that gives me the vibe that he doesn’t care. Then to watch him boo-hoo about being banned feels like another piece of clickbait...he doesn’t care... you can tell the ones that care...Adam the Woo is a prime example. His video about being banned and how genuinely bad it made him feel is why I can respect him but not care for Swansa... I’m seriously looking for Sonswa to get badly hurt or killed because he doesn’t seem to have all the fries in his happy meal...

Brer Oswald

That’s the one in particular that gives me the vibe that he doesn’t care. Then to watch him boo-hoo about being banned feels like another piece of clickbait...he doesn’t care... you can tell the ones that care...Adam the Woo is a prime example. His video about being banned and how genuinely bad it made him feel is why I can respect him but not care for Swansa... I’m seriously looking for Sonswa to get badly hurt or killed because he doesn’t seem to have all the fries in his happy meal...
I agreed with you until that last sentence...

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
I agreed with you until that last sentence...
I’m sorry...he doesn’t seem to take much caution in what he’s doing. I see someone who’s gonna get hurt. He has already been trespassed twice… And from what I am starting to figure out… He’ll do anything to get on the property and film things he shouldn’t… Somethings going to happen.

Last edited:

mergatroid

They were reckless young adults being reckless young adults. I’m not bothered by urban explorers. There’s just a huge difference to how Sonswa carries himself. He doesn’t care at all. He’s trying to capitalize on a trend.

Hoot and Chief were the first people to really do this kind of stuff, or at least record it. It was a different time and place. But as you see through their videos, they knew what they were doing, and they were super fascinated with everything they discovered.

As I believe Matt is. I just don't see much difference other than your insistence that you know why they do it. Matt also explores lot's of other places, I believe he probably gets the same buzz that Hoot & Chief got by doing what they shouldn't. I don't know for sure why any of them do it and would hazard a guess nobody other than them does, that's why I can't really argue with any knowledge of why it's done. At the end of the day there's not really much difference in what they do, they're both wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom