Herbie: Fully Loaded

MKCustodial

waltdisny said:
Last time I was at BlockBuster there was a NEW Herbie The Love Bug movie sitting on the shelves starting a bunch of people I had never heard of.

A bunch of people you've never heard of?!? Bruce Campbell stars in that!! And the villain is the goofy brother from The Mummy series! And Jim Douglas makes a special cameo! And they explain Herbie's origin! And they create an evil Herbie! And yes, it sucks...

Anyways, here's the trailer for the new movie:

http://www.omelete.com.br/superomelete/filmes/paginas/herbie.asp

Some good effects, some cheesy ones (like Lindsay starting the car and rush of energy going by?!?). Michael Keaton is always cool, and I like Brendan Meyer. Too bad they didn't get Dean Jones to show up. But I really can't understand how he'd let Herbie end up in the junkyard.

Number_6

waltdisny said:
Last time I was at BlockBuster there was a NEW Herbie The Love Bug movie sitting on the shelves starting a bunch of people I had never heard of. It came out 2001-ish, and looked like a direct-to-video or a nearly-direct-to-video production. In the same time frame as the unfortunate attempt at remaking That Darn Cat.

Has anyone seen this thing? This was not the re-release of the classic.

Hey, I just watched it for Bruce Campbell. He's always fun in cheesy movies.

Actually, he's going to be in the new Disney movie called "Sky High." I'm looking forward to that one.

waltdisny

Number_6 said:
Hey, I just watched it for Bruce Campbell. He's always fun in cheesy movies.

Actually, he's going to be in the new Disney movie called "Sky High." I'm looking forward to that one.

Who's Bruce Campbell? :lookaroun Is he worthy of MST3K treatment?:D

Number_6

I don't believe you don't know Bruce Campbell. He's been in alot of stuff. You probably know him and don't know his name. Anyway, here's his official site: http://www.bruce-campbell.com/

His best known characters are Ash from Evil Dead, Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness, and Autolycus from Hercules and Xena. Best recent project of his was Bubba Ho-Tep which I highly reccommend. :D

I was at MGM saturday, and was on the backlot tour. We were coming around the final loop by the new stunt show stadium and parked behind it was a Herbie, but it was cut in half. But it was done in such a way that each half was still driveable independantly from each other. So id say that its very likely that herbie will be performing some kind of act in the new show.

CoffeeJedi

Bruce "The Chin" Campbell rocks! the cut-in-half Herbie concept was done in the made for tv movie

what? they DID put the title sort of- 'emerging' from miss Lohan's chest... he was just stating the truth.....

anyone else disappointed that he'll be competing in NASCAR? old Bugs were used in rallye racing against Minis and similiar small European cars, I think Herbie is more talented than just turning left for 2 hours?

at any rate, this is going to be a silly question, but i have to ask:is this new Herbie movie in continuity with the previous 325 or so movies, or is it a total restart of the franchise?

(anyone else catch Herbies cameo in an episode of House of Mouse?)

Has her Disney contract finally run its course?

Maybe Lindsay will have finally finished her contract with Disney after this Herbie flick. Anyone catch her in "Parent Trap" back in 98 or "Life Size" in 2000. Or how about "Freaky Friday" in 2003. In "Life Size" circa 2000 she is just a little girl that plays with a Barbie type doll that looks like Tyra Banks. She sure did, um, develop rather quickly to be looking the way she does now. :veryconfu Wow.

BigNorm

MKCustodial said:
Seems to be following the franchise, since she finds that note in him and all that.

Um? That note? I don't remember a note. Who's the note from?

Also on a side note does anyone know if Jim Douglas (Dean Jones) makes an appearance in this one?

MKCustodial

IMDB doesn't mention him in the movie.

And did you see the trailer? On it, Lindsay finds Herbie in the junkyard. Personally, I predict something along the line of "Daddy gave me money for a car, but all I can take is junkyard material". Anyways, she's in Herbie and she finds a note inside the glove compartment. It says for whoever finds Herbie to take good care of him, he'll help with whatever problems the person has. She gets the key, turns him on, a green glow rushes through him and he's alive again.

I don't particularly like the glow and the turning-on-to-bring-to-life bits, but the note seems to be a nod from Jim Douglas to me.

MKCustodial

Well, after watching the original movie, my beautiful bride finally realized bugs are cool. So she'll be selling her old car and we're going bug hunting this weekend. She's so into it that she actually wants to get the official decals and Herbiefy the new car! :sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

MKCustodial said:
Well, after watching the original movie, my beautiful bride finally realized bugs are cool. So she'll be selling her old car and we're going bug hunting this weekend. She's so into it that she actually wants to get the official decals and Herbiefy the new car! :sohappy:

Roddy, I have a website (it's at work though) that I'll post here where you can get the actual decals.

I'm in the process of it too :)

MKCustodial

Oh, I saw it. From Doc Herbie, right? I gotta find out if they'll ship down here, though. Julia is nuts, I tell ya. It's a lot of money... :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom