Her New Image: Miley C.

pluto13

Original Poster
As an Uncle, My nieces loved the Hannah Montana tv show on Disney Channel, but Miley Cyrus released her drug filled single "We Can't Stop" and the video is more than explicit with her french kissing a doll and showing a little to much of her self and shaking her back side. I find this very disappointing that this child star has turned to human explicit trash.

SAV

My daughter is 12 and for some reason she is back into loving the Hannah Montana stuff. I'm not liking this new Miley stuff for her to see. And I can't monitor 24/7, so I hope we instilled good morals in her along the way.

ImagineerDude

I just wish she would grow her hair back out. It was beautiful before! And I have a feeling Selena Gomez is heading this direction too, which I hate because I LOVE her! I just hope they both don't go too over the top to the point Lindsay Lohan got...now she's ridiculous! I always think back to Parent Trap :) it's very disappointing in all of them. Then I wonder if it's in defiance of Disney...the company led them to be perfect Barbies and role models, but they want to show another side of themselves. Disney did release Selena's Come And Get It and she even sang it at the Radio Disney Awards that they showed on Disney Channel!

PUSH

Many child stars turn out like this... here's a list of some!

Miley Cyrus
Justin Bieber
Lindsay Lohan
Britney Spears
Jamie Lynn Spears
Amanda Bynes
Macaulay Culkin
Jodie Sweetin

The truth is many young stars grow up to have "bad publicity" in their futures.

DDuckFan130

Interesting, because some of the earlier Disney Channel Stars haven't gone down this route. Raven, Hilary Duff (that one surprised me lol), etc. I wouldn't blame Disney, however. It's unfortunately an "epidemic" of sorts with child stars dating back to the days of Judy Garland.

PUSH

Interesting, because some of the earlier Disney Channel Stars haven't gone down this route. Raven, Hilary Duff (that one surprised me lol), etc. I wouldn't blame Disney, however. It's unfortunately an "epidemic" of sorts with child stars dating back to the days of Judy Garland.

I'm kind of nitpicking here, but Raven didn't start on Disney Channel, she was Olivia on the Cosby Show.

MOXOMUMD

She's twerking....sign of the times my friend. They've grown up and have a mind of their own. Granted her father made some bad decisions in his life but without one of those decisions Miley wouldn't have been born. (Separating from his wife while having two other women pregnant at the same time.) You play the hand life deals you I guess.

DDuckFan130

I'm kind of nitpicking here, but Raven didn't start on Disney Channel, she was Olivia on the Cosby Show.

I am well aware of that as I am a huge fan of the Cosby show. However, she found fame with a new generation on the Disney Channel so I'm kinda lumping her in there. We could also argue that Hilary Duff was Wendy in that Casper sequel lol

DDuckFan130

Not a Disney star but look at Drew Barrymore growing up too.

Yup, that's why I said alll the way back to Judy Garland. You could even look up another Disney star, Bobby Driscoll, who had a sad ending.

There are always those that overcome their obstacles, and Drew Barrymore is an example of that. But I guess this new crop has to fall really low in order to figure their problems out, who knows?

jw24

Speaking of which, I'm sure some of you have heard about Mara Wilson and her thoughts about these child stars. (You may remember her from Matilda, Miracle on 34th Street and other films.) She moved on from acting and turned out alright. Even though there are sour apples of former child stars as we've seen, there are some good ones who turned out fine. Joey Lawrence, Melissa Joan Hart and Soleil Moon Frye are some examples of child stars that don't go..well insane to put it that way as they've gotten older. Anyway, you may have seen Wilson on various talk shows but she did write a well-informed article as to why child stars lose it when they get older. Here's the link: http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-child-stars-go-crazy-an-insiders-perspective/

PUSH

Is it just me or do a lot of current (and recent) Disney stars seem to have a "rudeness" to them? It's certainly not all of them, but there are some who are just totally different outside of their TV shows.

DDuckFan130

Since you mentioned the Cosby Show, we could mention that aside from Lisa Bonet, the Cosby kids certainly turned out alright. And Mr. Cosby is probably someone to thank for that one lol

MOXOMUMD

Wynona Ryder (Beeglejuice) was another child star that had to fall on her face before making a comeback. (Must have been the thought she was engaged to Johnny Depp for three years and never married.) The cast of Suite Life/Suite Life On Deck seems to be doing alright.

Californian Elitist

I'm in the minority, but I like Miley Cyrus better this way. I hated the show Hannah Montana and I really didn't like Miley Cyrus during her Disney Channel years. Now, she's less annoying and more tolerable. She's being herself; it's clear she was wearing a mask during her Disney Channel years. That wasn't her. She's more out there now, but I like it, especially when compared to her days as the annoying Hannah Montana.

DDuckFan130

It's funny because I have a cousin a few years older defending her right now and saying she's just "growing up," to which I argued that she doesn't really need to be condoning the underage drinking and "turnt up" life in her new song. It's her life, but I know a bunch of parents don't approve and as a teacher of middle schoolers it's rather frightening to see that being glamorized. His response was "underage drinking and partying" aren't effed up and blah blah blah. I guess I'm a nerd and in the minority, but that is effed up to me. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom