Help

WED10IA

Original Poster
Alright I just found out that I may be going to San Fran for a week next year and was thinking about taking our family to Disneyland as I have never been there just the world. But the Disney site doesn't have prices up for packages yet that far in advance. Any help on about how much it would be for 4 people to stay at a Disneyland resort. (2 adults, 1 teen and young kid)

Thanks.

Disneyfalcon

Well that's a broad question!:lol:

It will depend on the time of year and what specials they have going. In the fall there is often, and it was just announced for this year, a package where you buy three nights get the fourth free.

For a reference point, we did this two years ago and we stayed at the Grand Californian for 5 nights. Our package for four was around $1600. Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier would both be cheaper.

Give us an idea of when you're interested in going, and for how long, maybe that would help.:)

WED10IA

Original Poster
It would be in May of 08 (Probably late May but as of now the exact dates are up in the air) And it would be for the shortest amount of nights possible. The website said you had to book two nights so...We went to the world for a week this summer and I just thought that maybe if it was fiscally possible at the end of the trip to San Fran sneak up to DL. I was thinking of the DL hotel but I've never been to DL so any help is appreciated. Is Indiana Jones in DL or Cal Adv? Thanks

Disneyfalcon

Indy is in DL. If you're talking week days in May, it won't be crowded and you can see it all in two days. Three days would be more liesurely.

You can book for one night, but I'd recommend two if you can swing it. Buying at least one annual pass could give you an AP room discount although there might not be one in May. Expedia will sometimes offer specials on rooms that are also very good deals.

Disneyland hotel is nice. Grand Californian is amazing - but so are the prices. I can't say enough good things about it.

To get to the Disneyland hotel you take a nice walk through Downtown Disney. The pool there is a good one. The rooms are a nice size.

Paradise Pier is not quite as themed but still close. The pool is on the roof of the third or fourth floor. It's not terribly exciting but perfectly fun for a pool.

Mousesavers.com has great lists of discounts for Disney. Visit their disneyland section and read away. You'll learn a lot.

Just ask if you have anymore questions!:)

WED10IA

Original Poster
Okay one more question

1. I thought I read on there website that all of 3 of their resorts have an entrance to the park? Is that true?

Yeah I'd like to stay two but I did take a rather lengthy vacation to the world this summer so in the end I won't be too upset.

Thanks for the info.

Oh and just out of curiosity (sp) has anyone been on both the Disneyland and World versions of say:
Splash M
Space M
POTC
HM
Is there a large difference between the counterparts? Just wondering, I will be going but I don't know for how long yet. One day, two nights two days, two days one night.

Disneyfalcon

Only the Grand Californian has it's own entrance. Paradise Pier used to, but they closed it. Now they can cut through the Grand CA to use theirs. DL Hotel does not have its own entrance but it's right next to the monorail which will take you right to Tomorrowland.

Splash M is a little longer at WDW but I think just as good.
Space is WAY better at DL. It was closed for two years for an extensive rehab and it is AWESOME!
POTC is longer at DL and I think better. There's more drops.
HM is very similar. I don't know which is better on that one.

lilclerk

Oh and just out of curiosity (sp) has anyone been on both the Disneyland and World versions of say:
Splash M
Space M
POTC
HM
Is there a large difference between the counterparts? Just wondering, I will be going but I don't know for how long yet. One day, two nights two days, two days one night.

I went early last month and stayed 3 nights with about 2.5 days in the parks. I did everything I wanted to, though I was alone. And since it was slow and I went during the week, there were no nighttime shows. Very sad since I made the plans mainly because I wanted to see "Remember... dreams come true" and the electrical parade.

Splash Mountain is my favorite attraction in WDW and I was VERY disappointed in the Disneyland version. It breezes through the story very quickly and it just didn't seem as well-thought-out. Plus the single-seating is very awkward. WDW's is much better.
However, Space and PotC were mindblowing and completely worth my lonely trip across the country. The Haunted Mansion in DL is pretty amazing too, with newer effects.
You'll have a blast! Disneyland is fun, though it is very different from WDW in a lot of ways.

mickster

Splash M

Way way way better at WDW!

Way way way waaaaaaaayyyyy better at DL!! The one at WDW is old and rickety. The only people who like it are people who like it for the nostalgic value. The DL version is sleek and new and actually seems like a ride that was built in this decade.

Much better at DL

Much better at DL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom