help with vacation plans

JAY-ROD

Me and my family were trying to figure out the cheapest way to go. Here is wht we are planning. First 2 days are at seaworld and aquatica. The next 3 days are at universal staying at Hardrock hotel. The Next 9 days are at disney staying at all star movies. It will be 2 adults and 2 kids tht will be 5 and 6 when we go. Any help would be great. ty

The Mom

Premium Member
Jay, you're probably going to renting a car or even driving down. Use it to your advantage, if you aren't driving, stop somewhere (like Wal-Mart ;)) and pick up a cheap cooler and ziploc bags (they are handy for lots of other things) that you can keep in your room. Buy your own water, juice boxes, sodas, beer, and snacks. Just use the ice machine to recharge the ice.

Are you going during free dining? If not, with 7 days at WDW you should have enough time to take breaks and go back to your room to eat lunch, if you have stocked up. The same with breakfast - a quart of milk, a quart of juice, a box of cereal, a bunch of bananas and some disposable utensils will give you breakfast for a couple of days. Just don't go crazy and start cooking in your room like some people do. :eek:

You can also go out in the middle of your trip and restock.

I always picked up a supply of glow sticks or necklaces before getting to WDW, then stuck them in my bag during the day. That way, when the carts came out at sundown I didn't end up buying them at 5 times the price. :lol:

When my children were little, I very rarely ordered a meal for myself at the CS places, but I wouldn't let them order something I wasn't willing to eat. If I was lucky, I could sometimes get them to agree to eat the same thing, and I could then split it. But that didn't happen often, especially when my daughter was in her vegetarian phase.

As you're probably aware, there isn't much you can do to lessen room rates or actual travel expenses, so the only thing you can control are what you spend on food and souvenirs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom