Help with Jedi Training

Karenb64

So no, I'm not looking for help on how to become a Jedi Master, :) but I am hoping someone can help me with tips and information on signing up. I need to work out a schedule for 8 kids to do Jedi Training and I'm wondering how long the process takes if you are there right when the park opens. Is there a significant difference in the time it takes to sign up if you do it on an early entry day opposed to a regular opening? Also, with 8 kids, does anyone who has done this, have an idea how far into the schedule they might need to go to get them all signed up for the same show? On the early entry day they are only there until lunch but will have a full day(with a mid-day break) on a regular park opening day. I want them to be able to take advantage of riding the major rides with little or no wait on the early entry day, so any information I can get on this would be helpful. Thanks!

wannabeBelle

As you said, you must be there prior to poark opening and the second that the rope drops get over to te sign up location. Personally, I would do the first day in your calendar, regardless of if it is a early day or not, to try to sign them up. If you have a problem, you have the second day to try again. As far as riding the major rides, do FastPass + and that should take care of at least two of the attractions you are looking at. Good luck! Marie

Upvote 0

Karenb64

Original Poster
I do realize that all 8 kids will need to be there which means that most likely the rest of group will end up waiting for all of them before going on RR and ToT. That why I was hoping someone could tell me how long the process might take at park opening so I know how much of that first hour they will lose.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

It may take a bit of time to do and on top of that if they are selected for one of the first few shows, you may not have time to do anything prior to coming back and lining up at the sign in location. I wouldnt make any plans at all for that day until you are in, and signed up so you know your scheduling. You can always make FP ressies at one of the kiosks once you are there and know what your timing looks like. Marie

Upvote 0

Karenb64

Original Poster
It may take a bit of time to do and on top of that if they are selected for one of the first few shows, you may not have time to do anything prior to coming back and lining up at the sign in location. I wouldnt make any plans at all for that day until you are in, and signed up so you know your scheduling. You can always make FP ressies at one of the kiosks once you are there and know what your timing looks like. Marie
Thanks for the help. It sounds like I will need to keep the morning touring schedule pretty flexible. I've been assuming that we could choose a later show to participate in if that worked better with our schedule.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

When I did this, we werent allowed to select the show we were to be participating in, it was simply assigned to us by the Cast Members there. It was assigned by spot in line. I would stay as flexible as you can with your other scheduling for the day. Marie

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I would also be prepared that they may not allow you to take 8 slots in one Academy. A family in front of us last time had five kids and they would not allow all of them to go at the same time. Both of my sons have done it a few times each and honestly, I'm glad they are past that stage. The Jedi training Academy has dominated too many of my days a Hollywood Studios. Good luck. I hope it works out. :)

Upvote 0

stevehousse

We did I last year in Nov when there was extra morning hours. We had an 805am ADR for Hollywood and vine. We got to th park right at 755. We were sat by 815. There was a pretty good crowd that early I would say.

Once seated, we had my wife order drinks while my DS5 and I went quickly over to the Jedi sign up. We waited about 15 minutes, and they said they were signing up for that show that was around 1045 or 11 something?!? In the 15 minutes we waited, we ended up with the following show that was like an hour or so after...

Highly suggest going right at rope drop to be able to get in, especially that many kids...

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I skimmed through, and wanted to add a few things.

1) It's an awesome experience.
2) The sign up area (at least the last I heard) is in the old Sounds Dangerous post show queue area.
3) Show up before park opening and let the people at the gate know you are there to sign up (this has been mentioned, but I can't stress it more).
4) EVERY child you are trying to sign up needs to be PHYSICALLY PRESENT with you at sign up. You can't send one parent to sign them all up and have another bring the kids later for their showtimes. EVERY CHILD MUST BE PRESENT AT SIGN UP!
5) If the outdoor show is cancelled due to weather, they will do a smaller presentation indoors. So, don't give up on your showtime.
6) Show up early for your showtime (they will tell you this). There is some preshow stuff they do with the kids, such as costuming and general instructions.

It's a lot of fun, certainly worth giving it a go!

Upvote 0

Karenb64

Original Poster
I skimmed through, and wanted to add a few things.

1) It's an awesome experience.
2) The sign up area (at least the last I heard) is in the old Sounds Dangerous post show queue area.
3) Show up before park opening and let the people at the gate know you are there to sign up (this has been mentioned, but I can't stress it more).
4) EVERY child you are trying to sign up needs to be PHYSICALLY PRESENT with you at sign up. You can't send one parent to sign them all up and have another bring the kids later for their showtimes. EVERY CHILD MUST BE PRESENT AT SIGN UP!
5) If the outdoor show is cancelled due to weather, they will do a smaller presentation indoors. So, don't give up on your showtime.
6) Show up early for your showtime (they will tell you this). There is some preshow stuff they do with the kids, such as costuming and general instructions.

It's a lot of fun, certainly worth giving it a go!

When you say "let them know at the gate" are you talking about the cast members at the entrance gate and if so why? Is there information they have that can help you?

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When you say "let them know at the gate" are you talking about the cast members at the entrance gate and if so why? Is there information they have that can help you?
Not that I know of...but, when I've told them at rope drop, they helped usher me through the gate crowds so I could break away for sign up.

In my experience, which has probably changed since legacy FP is dead, the rope drop crowds at HS either clump up just inside the entrance...a large group peels off to the right for Toy Story, and a smaller group peels off to the left for Jedi Academy.

There is no secret that I know of, outside of show up early, go there first.

Also...all the kids you are signing up must be with you when you sign up.

I keep stressing that because after a half hour wait, I got burned by that policy. (I hadn't brought the kids then 10 year old uncle with us...he and his sister (my kids mom) were going to meet us for lunch later...he didn't get to do it.)

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Ya they will not let u in early to get signed up. Once te park opens head over near Indiana and the sign up is across from there near American idol exit area...

Upvote 0

mammaminnie

Even during slower times it's important to get there early. We had a Mid-September trip one year (so after summer crowds and before F&W crowds) and we still barely got both of our kids in for the day. That being said, its a great experience, and my kids still talk about it!!

Upvote 0

KEN POLCYN

Going to HS on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 - anybody know about what time the slots are completely filled up by during this time of year? I've read a lot of people recommend getting there right at opening, but what if you don't mind getting a time late in the day?

Upvote 0

bebert

All of these are good tips, get there early and make sure all kids are with you.
One thing no one is mentioning is what line to put the kids in so they can be on stage, the CM's wont tell you this. If your kids want to be on stage, have them stand in the line that is furthest from the wall. Not all the kids will get on stage, just those in that line. My kids learned this the hard way:(

Upvote 0

bebert

Going to HS on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 - anybody know about what time the slots are completely filled up by during this time of year? I've read a lot of people recommend getting there right at opening, but what if you don't mind getting a time late in the day?
We went right at park opening the week of Thanksgiving and did a 4:00 training class, if that gives you an idea of the availability.

Upvote 0

MJCota

Good luck, we ran right over to it and the line was wrapped around the building so we didn't bother trying to sign up. We didn't have EMH that day and I guess everyone in our hotel decided to go to HS that day too. Our busy from AKL was running beyond so it could be another reason. Just go before opening and go right over by it. Good luck!!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Well I had a totally different experience than what y'all are describing. I went on a Tuesday morning about 9:30. We had early ADR's at H&V and I left at like 9:01 and went and grabbed FP's for TSMM for us. Ran back to H&V and met my friend and the kiddos when they were exiting and we all walked over to the sign up spot. We got on a list and got some kind of piece of paper or something and then went inside a room and waited another 30 minutes and were given a 1pm time to return to be Jedi's in training. It was August and 1pm was horrible. Never do this activity in the Florida heat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom