Help with how to dress the kids

sherylemomof2

Original Poster
Hi all. Can anyone tell me what type weather to expect first week of May 4-11th. Going with 5 kids under 3. Is shorts outfits ok or will we need to take long pants and jackets?

happymom52003

It will be very warm, with a very slight chance of a cool evening here or there. We've been the last week of April several times, and we have been hot. A couple of times we needed a lightweight jacket in the evenings, but it was rare. I would take warm weather clothes and one lightweight jacket or windbreaker just in case.

jason08505

We've been several times in May and its typically been in the 80's and sometimes 90's. I agree, we did have a few cool evenings in the low 70's once in a while - but not often.

We'll be there the same time as you, leaving May 7 - 13th. :animwink:

sherylemomof2

Original Poster
Yes we have twin sons age 21 months now that we adopted from Vietnam and my niece is going with us with her daughter age 2 and twin sons age 9 months now. There are 7 adults going with the 5 kids.
Having twins is always hard work whether on vacation or not LOL
For the family that is going to be there same time as us maybe we will cross paths. Have a gret trip.

k.hunter30

We were in WDW last year May 5-11. We needed pants/jacket/sweatshirt almost every night we were there. Definitely wear shorts and a tank top or whatever during the day, but I'd plan for at least a few options for cooler nights.

NewfieFan

Wow, I must have thick blood or something (coming from NL, Canada)!:animwink: I was going to say, "no way do you need a jacket or long pants!" But what do I know!?!:shrug::lol: When I went in May we wore shorts the whole time and during a parade one day we even found it too hot to stand outside. Like I said, I must have thick blood! So I guess to answer your question, it would depend on where you're coming from! If you live somewhere warm than maybe you would find the nights "cool" but if you're coming from the frozen north it'll be hot enough to melt ya!:lol:

KC82271

My DD was 10 mos and 22 mos when we have gone the last week of April/beginning of May the last two years. I have had her in shorts all day and long pants and sweatshirt in the evening. I always pack the sweats with me for the day just in case it gets cool. I believe 2 of the days we have been there, no shorts for DD. Too cold. But I have no blood, so I am always cold - whereas my mom goes and never puts on a long sleeve shirt. It's a matter of what you consider cool for yourself. However, kids are a different story - as you well know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom