Help with DDP

ginadee

Original Poster
Ive got the dining plan for the first time. I hear alot of people say they have left over snacks. From what I can tell all my snacks will be used up at one breakfast. Help me understand how it works. Example: if I get a cinnamon role with milk for breakfast, is that 1 snack or 2. In which case I would use one and pay for the milk. Same if I get a box of cereal with the milk a muffin and orange juice. 4 snacks? Or is it considered a QS at that point?

itsbetsyh

i dont think snacks ever switch to a QS meal credit. I've never used just a snack for breakfast and have only ever done the Deluxe Dining Plan.

lilclerk

Ive got the dining plan for the first time. I hear alot of people say they have left over snacks. From what I can tell all my snacks will be used up at one breakfast. Help me understand how it works. Example: if I get a cinnamon role with milk for breakfast, is that 1 snack or 2. In which case I would use one and pay for the milk. Same if I get a box of cereal with the milk a muffin and orange juice. 4 snacks? Or is it considered a QS at that point?

Each individual item is a snack credit. I have never heard of trading snack credits for QS ones, unfortunately. What you can do is get a pastry at breakfast, then use your refillable mug for a drink (no milk or juice though, just soda, coffee and tea.) You could also get a bottle of milk to keep in the room fridge for cereal, etc.

I prefer to save my snack credits for treats in the parks, though. I'll usually bring some breakfast food, like cereal or granola bars, to eat in the room before I leave. Or I'll pay out of pocket for a kids meal in the resort QS restaurant as I don't tend to eat much breakfast.

ginadee

Original Poster
Oh, i am definately not trading snacks for QS. I just didnt know if it would be Counted as snacks or QS. Oh yes!! I forgot about my refillable mug. Thanks.

tnemgif

I don't know of any locations that would count cereal and a pastry as a QS meal. And even if they did, that would be a pretty big waste of a credit. Your best bet is to just pay for some of the smaller meals/snacks, and save your credits for some of the more expensive options.

ginadee

Original Poster
I don't know of any locations that would count cereal and a pastry as a QS meal. And even if they did, that would be a pretty big waste of a credit. Your best bet is to just pay for some of the smaller meals/snacks, and save your credits for some of the more expensive options.
I definately dont want to use cereal and pastry as QS nor would I. I basically was just asking what is considered snack and what is QS. I already have all my QS and TS meals planned for the week.

tnemgif

I definately dont want to use cereal and pastry as QS nor would I. I basically was just asking what is considered snack and what is QS. I already have all my QS and TS meals planned for the week.
Sorry if my response came off as snarky - it wasn't intended to! :)
Most breakfast items (muffins, pastries, juice) will count as 1 snack credit each. A QS credit would include a full meal, like eggs and homefries, and 1 drink, like juice or milk.
Check out the menus/info at allears.net. They do a pretty great job of listing what items are classified as snacks.
Hope you have a great time!

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Snack foods are snacks. QS is a meal.

When you get there it is all clearly labeled.

The snack credits, well, I can see people saying that if they have the Deluxe or higher plan. On the one snack a day, I don't see that happening. I get the Deluxe every trip and we've not used all of our Dining or Snack credits any trip, even last year when I had it all planned out.

lilclerk

The snack credits, well, I can see people saying that if they have the Deluxe or higher plan. On the one snack a day, I don't see that happening. I get the Deluxe every trip and we've not used all of our Dining or Snack credits any trip, even last year when I had it all planned out.

I have leftover snacks every time we use the regular dining plan. The QS and TS meals are so big, and I bring a filtered water bottle so I don't use the snack credits on drinks. I always end up loading up on snacks to bring home the last day.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have leftover snacks every time we use the regular dining plan. The QS and TS meals are so big, and I bring a filtered water bottle so I don't use the snack credits on drinks. I always end up loading up on snacks to bring home the last day.

I've never used all the credits. Last year I made it a point to try and do so...never did. I still spent the last day buying multiple snacks at Goofy's Candy Company on Main St. (mostly rice crispy treats) to give to co-workers, etc, when I got back.

ginadee

Original Poster
Sorry if my response came off as snarky - it wasn't intended to! :)
Most breakfast items (muffins, pastries, juice) will count as 1 snack credit each. A QS credit would include a full meal, like eggs and homefries, and 1 drink, like juice or milk.
Check out the menus/info at allears.net. They do a pretty great job of listing what items are classified as snacks.
Hope you have a great time!
Oh not at all. Thanks for replying. We do have a couple big breakfasts planned and my favorite snacks Ill get but on the days we have a good QS and TS I plan on going to Main Street Bakery and Starringroles or foodcourt for snack breakfast. Never been to either.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh not at all. Thanks for replying. We do have a couple big breakfasts planned and my favorite snacks Ill get but on the days we have a good QS and TS I plan on going to Main Street Bakery and Starringroles or foodcourt for snack breakfast. Never been to either.

A snack breakfast means a fruit or something similar.

Fine to use snacks for breakfast, but better at resorts, I think. 2 snack credits on property (where your mug isn't honored) to get a coffee and a pastry isn't worth it to me...

tnemgif

http://allears.net/menu/men_bps.htm
This gives a good idea of what sort of snacks you can get. Anything with a purple icon next to it counts as a snack. Surprisingly, Disney's definition of a snack has become even more liberal over the past few years!
Main Street Bakery and Starring Rolls have some really yummy snack options too!

DsnyFevr

You can't turn snacks into a quick service at all, but just to make sure you use up all your snacks what we do is use them for drinks at any of the carts whenever we get thirsty or right before we leave the park to bring back to the hotel.

armyfamilyof5

It would be wonderful to have the DDP during Food&Wine and get to try all that stuff with snack credits. I would use mine for Dole Whips and stuff like that.

ginadee

Original Poster
You can't turn snacks into a quick service at all, but just to make sure you use up all your snacks what we do is use them for drinks at any of the carts whenever we get thirsty or right before we leave the park to bring back to the hotel.
I definately do not want to turn my snacks into QS. I will have no problem using up snacks. White choc covered marshmellows, choc mousse in france, mickey head icecream...lol. I was just wondering what is considered snack or meal with the items I mentioned.

DsnyFevr

I definately do not want to turn my snacks into QS. I will have no problem using up snacks. White choc covered marshmellows, choc mousse in france, mickey head icecream...lol. I was just wondering what is considered snack or meal with the items I mentioned.
I totally agree. What is considered snack really depends on where you get them from (restaurant,store,cart)

Shere_Khan

I think you will be surprised how full you will be from your QS lunch or dinner and your TS lunch or dinner. Most people on a daily basis do not have a dessert with both of those meals.
We have never used all our snacks up either. In fact the last day I usually have to get a bunch of stuff that can be travelled with just to use them.
We usually pack some breakfast items to grab when we leave the room. I would just pay for the cheaper beverages and use the snacks for the breakfast pastries or treats in park.

ginadee

Original Poster
Yes, that is exactly what we,re doing. Ive never had the plan before because I know we dont eat as much that is on the plan but its free so we got some good restaurants and trying to space it out.
I think you will be surprised how full you will be from your QS lunch or dinner and your TS lunch or dinner. Most people on a daily basis do not have a dessert with both of those meals.
We have never used all our snacks up either. In fact the last day I usually have to get a bunch of stuff that can be travelled with just to use them.
We usually pack some breakfast items to grab when we leave the room. I would just pay for the cheaper beverages and use the snacks for the breakfast pastries or treats in park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom