Help with DCL Website, confused...

luvdisneyworld

Original Poster
So I have a cruise booked for hubby and I and wanted to add the land package to our vacation. I have already booked two weeks ago and paid on the cruise, quite a lot actually. But when I go into the system to add the land package it takes me to the Make a Payment page and it wont accept the additions to the package unless I make some sort of payment. Is there any way to change and add the land package without having to make a payment at the same time? I plan on paying once per week but that will not be until next week. Any thoughts?

ChuckElias

I gotta be honest, luv. I find the DCL website to be a pain to use, even when I know exactly what I'm doing. I wish I could help you with it. If I were in your shoes, I would call instead of using the webiste.

mickeysshoes

When is your cruise. From what I recall you cant add land stuff until a certain date...like 60 or 65 days before your sail date. But please dont quote me on that.

ChuckElias

So I have a cruise booked for hubby and I and wanted to add the land package to our vacation.

From what I recall you cant add land stuff until a certain date...like 60 or 65 days before your sail date.
One of us is misunderstanding the original post. I think she wants to add a hotel stay at WDW to make a land/sea vacation package. I think that you think she wants to add Shore Excursions to her cruise reservation.

If you're right, then I apologetically bow out of this thread :eek: But if I'm right, I think she would be allowed to add the resort stay at any time prior to her sailing.

In either case, I'd still call DCL, to be sure.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You will want to call but nine times out of ten it will be better for you to book the land portion separately. General public discounts far exceed anything you will get by booking a land and sea package.

luvdisneyworld

Original Poster
One of us is misunderstanding the original post. I think she wants to add a hotel stay at WDW to make a land/sea vacation package. I think that you think she wants to add Shore Excursions to her cruise reservation.

If you're right, then I apologetically bow out of this thread :eek: But if I'm right, I think she would be allowed to add the resort stay at any time prior to her sailing.

In either case, I'd still call DCL, to be sure.

You are right. I am wanting to add three nights at WDW resort after our cruise. The option is there on the website. I have no issue with that. The problem is when I have everything added, instead of allowing me to accept the changes it automatically takes me to the Make a Payment page and will not allow me to accept the revised reservations without making a payment at that time. I would like to add the extra nights without having to make an additional payment and there seems to be no way to do that at present. :brick:

You will want to call but nine times out of ten it will be better for you to book the land portion separately. General public discounts far exceed anything you will get by booking a land and sea package.

:wave:Thanks! But if I book the two separate what do I do about the Disney Transportation. As it stands we are flying in the night before our cruise and staying at the MCO airport. So, the next day I have the Disney Transport picking us up and taking us to the cruise terminal. I did not book the Disney Transport after the cruise because I was unsure if we were going to stay at Disney or on Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral somewhere. We would like to stay at Disney, but I want to have the bus from the Port to Disney and from Disney to the Airport. If I book separate will that allow me to do add the transportation? Also, if I book separate that means another $200 deposit and I would really like to avoid that and just book it all together. Any thoughts?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:wave:Thanks! But if I book the two separate what do I do about the Disney Transportation. As it stands we are flying in the night before our cruise and staying at the MCO airport. So, the next day I have the Disney Transport picking us up and taking us to the cruise terminal. I did not book the Disney Transport after the cruise because I was unsure if we were going to stay at Disney or on Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral somewhere. We would like to stay at Disney, but I want to have the bus from the Port to Disney and from Disney to the Airport. If I book separate will that allow me to do add the transportation? Also, if I book separate that means another $200 deposit and I would really like to avoid that and just book it all together. Any thoughts?
You can simply add transportation onto your reservation. If you book a room only (no tickets) your deposit will be one nights stay with the balance due upon arrival. If you book a package (room and tickets) your deposit will be $200 and the balance will be due 45 days before arrival. The good thing about booking them separate is you can apply room discounts if and when they become available.

luvdisneyworld

Original Poster
You can simply add transportation onto your reservation. If you book a room only (no tickets) your deposit will be one nights stay with the balance due upon arrival. If you book a package (room and tickets) your deposit will be $200 and the balance will be due 45 days before arrival. The good thing about booking them separate is you can apply room discounts if and when they become available.
Thanks for the tips! Ill look at the room only ressie for now. This Disney planning is all new to me so bear with me lol
My bad!!!!:eek: I did miss understand what OP was asking. And you learn somehting new everyday. :wave:
Thats perfectly ok...:animwink:

DCLcruiser

We did this on our last cruise and what I had to do was call the DCL people and tell them that we were staying on site and not going back to the airport, so for $99 (I think), they adjusted the Magic Express tickets so that it took me to the hotel instead.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Def book seperately, Land and Sea is rarely the way to go with the offers being given out these days :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom