Help with April dates

MattyFresh

Original Poster
Was just presented with a possible chance to go to Disney for about a week. I was just curious as to crowd levels and if anyone else had been during this time, and might have some advice or suggestions??

Not sure if we would be the whole time, but looking somewhere around the dates of April 17th-22nd.

Any help would be great.....thanks :wave:

ricesk

April in WDW

We were there April school vacation last year (and also have another ressie next year same week :animwink: April 18-25, 2009)....

Crowds were higher than average but not unbearable. Plus Epcot Flower and Garden was on.....and it was beautiful!

Also, the weather was just perfect.

We usually go in January and crowds are always pretty light...but weather is iffy and not much going on.

April, for us, was a great time to go and I didn't really think the lines was outrageous with some planning.

Check www.touringplans.com ... there is a crowd calendar but I think you have to have a subscription.

Good luck! Hope we'll see you there! :sohappy:

Kelsybelle

Hey Matty, we were there this past April, just about the same week and it was pretty busy. It was April vacation week (for we we live) but with planning it wasn't too terrible! I think anytime you get into the last few weeks in April, it's bound to be school vacation someplace, so just keep that in mind.
We avoided EMH mornings in the parks that had it because it always tends to be crazy busy.
The weather was awesome, just perfect and as the previous poster said, it's The Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot which is always fun.
I hope you get to go! :wave:

MattyFresh

Original Poster
Is the crowd levels comparable to summer times??? If so, I might just scratch the idea of going......kinda spoiled after last October....if it was my choice I would go every time the levels were like that.

Kelsybelle

I found it to be crowded, we usually go in May (2nd week) and I thought it was very busy! I have never been in the summer time but I have been in October and May is a lot like October as far as crowd levels, IMO. I prepared myself and planned everything as far in advance as possible, including my ADR's.
Any chance you could wait a few weeks and go in May? :shrug:

DizneyPryncess

Matty - Easter falls on April 12th this year. The weeks before and after Easter can be very very crowded. I was there in March last year, the week after Easter and it was more crowded then when I was there in mid-July.

If Easter falls in March, then April can be a great time to go. Just keep in mind when going around Easter that the crowd levels will be higher than usual. It's bearable though - I wouldn't turn down a Disney trip :)

MattyFresh

Original Poster
My mom is going down for a conference, and they are putting her up at the Swan....she forcefully put the idea of having a free place to stay. So now it becomes convincing my wife to go, and trying to not have to deal with huge crowds.

Kelsybelle

A free place to stay?!!! I say go for it!!!
No matter what you'll have a blast, you'll be in WDW with a free place to stay!!! That sort of makes up for it being crowded! :)

MattyFresh

Original Poster
Yeah your right.....I kinda sound like I am coming off like a snob....its just I got really spoiled from my last trip. As long as its not as bad as July-August type crowds.....then I could deal with it.

Kelsybelle

Yeah your right.....I kinda sound like I am coming off like a snob....its just I got really spoiled from my last trip. As long as its not as bad as July-August type crowds.....then I could deal with it.

:ROFLOL:
Your just a seasoned Disney traveler thats all!

I wouldn't imagine the crowds would be like July or August (I have never been during that time of year) because all April school vacations aren't the same week but in the summer, everyone is off. (Does that make sense?)
Now, plan your trip!!! :p

MattyFresh

Original Poster
Ha.....if only it were that easy....I now have to sweat talk, convince, persuade, or whatever it takes to get the wife to agree to this. :ROFLOL:

Wish me luck!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Easter IS busy - but that said, 80% of our Disney trips have been during the Easter fortnight. With careful planning and good FP use, you can still have a blast (we do !!!)

rsoxguy

I have been many times during the month of April and have found that no two years have really been the same. The busiest park will be MK without question. Sometimes the weather in Florida during the Spring months can be grueling, while other years its mild. Easter week will be a huge crowd magnet, but not really a big deal if you plan your days well. Plan to go because none of these factors matter once you get there and enjoy the parks.

MattyFresh

Original Poster
I have been many times during the month of April and have found that no two years have really been the same. The busiest park will be MK without question. Sometimes the weather in Florida during the Spring months can be grueling, while other years its mild. Easter week will be a huge crowd magnet, but not really a big deal if you plan your days well. Plan to go because none of these factors matter once you get there and enjoy the parks.

Well they kinda do....my wife has been twice with me, once in mid to late June and the other time was in October. She has made the comment several times that she would not go back if it was the same crowd level as the first trip. Although I am starting to wear off on her.....she isn't like me and will jump at the chance anytime a Disney trip is presented to her.

rsoxguy

Well they kinda do....my wife has been twice with me, once in mid to late June and the other time was in October. She has made the comment several times that she would not go back if it was the same crowd level as the first trip. Although I am starting to wear off on her.....she isn't like me and will jump at the chance anytime a Disney trip is presented to her.
Last April the crowds were not bad at all, and the Nation's economy would have me guessing that this coming April will not be bad either. Please bear in mind that this is a guess.

MattyFresh

Original Poster
Last April the crowds were not bad at all, and the Nation's economy would have me guessing that this coming April will not be bad either. Please bear in mind that this is a guess.

Just a guess.....I went ahead and booked everything because you promised that we would be the only people in all four parks.....:lol:

rsoxguy

Just a guess.....I went ahead and booked everything because you promised that we would be the only people in all four parks.....:lol:
You know you want to go....just tell your wife that there will less sports and more home project channels on the TV. It's all in the presentation!:)

Kelsybelle

Did your wife O.K. everything? Just tell her that because you'll be staying for free that she'll have more money to shop with and you'll also be able to take her on more romantic dinners...:animwink:

Another neat thing was the MK stayed open until 2:00 a.m. on EMH and that was sooo much fun. I had forgotten that during peak season the parks are open later and we had a blast. ( We had never done that before because we usually go off peak season.)

MattyFresh

Original Poster
You know you want to go....just tell your wife that there will less sports and more home project channels on the TV. It's all in the presentation!:)

Its not a question about me knowing if I want to go or not....if I had it my way, we would have moved right outside the gates.

Did your wife O.K. everything? Just tell her that because you'll be staying for free that she'll have more money to shop with and you'll also be able to take her on more romantic dinners...:animwink:

Another neat thing was the MK stayed open until 2:00 a.m. on EMH and that was sooo much fun. I had forgotten that during peak season the parks are open later and we had a blast. ( We had never done that before because we usually go off peak season.)

She is funny about staying so late, she still hasn't fallen 100% in love with everything Disney. If I have to I will use the shopping and dinners as my ace in the hole, no need to reveal my hand all at once. :lol:

Kelsybelle

Its not a question about me knowing if I want to go or not....if I had it my way, we would have moved right outside the gates.

She is funny about staying so late, she still hasn't fallen 100% in love with everything Disney. If I have to I will use the shopping and dinners as my ace in the hole, no need to reveal my hand all at once. :lol:

Well, I wish you good luck! My Husband was the same exact way and now he loves Disney just as much as I do, even more so now that we have a daughter. (2 yr old) She'll come around!

Keep us posted!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom