Help...Want Parade Viewing Spot Recommendations

fanofwdw

Beginning the final phase of my trip planning...

I would love it if you Disney gurus could give me your input on where the best place to view the following parades and when you should get there to view them:

Share A Dream Parade (MK)
Spectromagic (MK)
Fantasy in the Sky (MK)
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade (AK)
Stars & Motor Cars Parade (MGM)
Fantasmic (MGM)
Tapestry of Dreams Parade (EPCOT...and which one to view)
Illuminations (EPCOT)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy:

RobFL

Account Suspended
Two places to watch Tapestry. I always catch the second show of the night.

Either at Germany where it meets the outpost so you can see the start of one parade and the end of the other (Tapestry is two parades going on at once, one from Mexico to germany, the other from Germany to Morroco, and vice versa for the first showing of the night)

Or at the American Adventure, where there is plenty of space and never a crowd.

-Rob

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

MK - Fantasy In The Sky - anywhere where theres a good view of the castle - Main Street is the most popular (and crowded)
MK - parades - firstly check in which direction they're going - towards or from the main park entrance.
MGM - Fantasmic - the centre sections offer the best views although the performance can be seen from anywhere within the arena.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Here are a couple of suggestions that I tell my customers.

For the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks, try to grab one of the benches located behind the Castle in Fantasy Land.
For the SpectroMagic and Share a Dream parades, The center hub when you come onto Main ST. is my first choice. If you sit on the curb facing the corner shop near Tony's, you will have a great view up close. And you do not have to worry about someone standing or sitting in front of you. I suggest you get you seat at least an hour ahead of time. Have one adult sit with the kids to save the seats while the other does the bathroom breaks with them and gets ice cream or whatever.

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

Whenever I wanted to see a parade at MK, I watched from either Frontierland...across from the shooting gallery or on Main Street...by the Crystal shop...I always get there about an hour before...but we always had more than one person to run and get Caseys hot dogs for dinner...so we waited till then to eat...if its peak season...get there maybe 1 1]2 to 2 hours early...If you want the castle in your view WITH the fireworks, then DO NOT sit right in front of the Castle! You wont see the fireworks at all! If you see the parade by the Crystal Shop, you have a good view of them from that angle...I have some really great shots!
I watch Tapestry at one of 2 places as well, either the UK pavillion, or ober in Germany...I also enjoy standing in the Stave Church in Norway, but if you want the full experience, watch it in Germany...grab a seat about an hour before...

Upvote 0

wdwsplash

The best place for all three MK events is right in front of the flag pole on main street. Nothing captures the Magic better then seeing it all with main street and the castle in view. Truly breath taking. Fantasmic depends on how soon you arrive. We sat in the center about 1/3 of the way up. Any closer might provide a limited view and depending on the wind a little more wet. As for Illuminations we saw that from the bridge next to the Mexico pavilion. Great view, however, that is the only place I've seen them from. Get to your spots early. It is worth the wait!

Upvote 0

tenchu

For fantasy in the sky, I'd reckomend standing next to the custodials on one side of the hub at the top of main street. They always seem to be there when the fireworks are on, and it's the best view I've ever found.

Upvote 0

disneytati

Hi, guys! I was going to start a thread just like that, so I will take the opportunity.:)

I have always watched Illuminations from the Canada pavillion, but I've read in the Disney Magazine that there is a terrace in Japan where you have a great view, above everyone. Has anyone checked that? I think I will try...

Share a Dream is a great parade, but depending on the spot, you see a differente effect, as not all the floats stop in front of you. I think we better ask a custodial about that, but I guess the flag spot is a good one. Last year I followed the villains float to watch the "witch transformation", and it happened right in front of that spot.

Upvote 0

AdLibSean

A good spot to catch the Share A Dream Come True Parade if you don't mind waiting, is right around the Tomorrowland entrance in the hub- this is one of the float stopping zones and you'll catch some good action. Any spot on Main Street USA is good for Fantasy in the Sky and not too hard to get. As for IllumiNations many factors can play into which spot you want. A good thing that I found helpful was - if you're going to be in WS during the day- go around and test spots to see if they're to your liking. If you want the show to be symetrical I'd choose an area around American Adventure or Italy- if you don't mind braving the crowds stake out a spot in World Showcase Plaza to be at the heart of all the action. Also another thing to consider is if you're going to be catching Tapestry or not. I'd recomend if you are choose Norway, if not, choose an area near Canada. Another nice spot is the bridge between the UK and France- a bit far away but still a good view. Also keep in mind where trees are so they don't block your view and make sure you don't set yourself in front of one of the fountain barges- you can't see the Earth barge as well. They're usually out on the lagoon by 4:00. Hope this helped! I'm a HUGE Reflections of Earth fan- can you tell??? :D

Upvote 0

indigo

Is there any map that lists the share a dream parade stops? Or can someone list them here? I've been planning this trip for 3 months now and never heard that the parade only stops at certain places.

Upvote 0

disneytati

Originally posted by indigo
Is there any map that lists the share a dream parade stops? Or can someone list them here? I've been planning this trip for 3 months now and never heard that the parade only stops at certain places.

Yeah, I didn't know that too when I went last year. There are special effects inside each snowglobe, like Pinocchio turns into a real boy, Alladin flies on the carpet, Peter Pan releases Tink and a carrousel comes out of the Castle... The Pinocchio float stopped right in front of me, and it was great, but I had heard that Snow White's Stepmom turned into the witch, but the float didn't stop so I followed it to see the effect. But I didn't know about the other ones, so I didn't see any. I would really like to know the spots where each float stops, to choose the ones I want to see. I guess the custodials know about these things.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by indigo

there's no way to map it, because if the parade changes pace inadvertently, or they cancel the stops due to performer illness/other reason, they wouldn't be able to accurately display that information on it

Upvote 0

mousecar

Originally posted by wdwsplash
The best place for all three MK events is right in front of the flag pole on main street. Nothing captures the Magic better then seeing it all with main street and the castle in view. Truly breath taking

I agree completely. I videotaped a parade and it was just great having the castle in the background the whole time. I also staked out a sidewalk spot about an hour early between the hub and the end of main street for the MSEP. Nothing beats being in the first row and the time you wait is well worth it.

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Original Poster
Thanks and...fireworks cruise???

Thanks for everyone's input. Has anyone taken the fireworks cruise for MK? What did you think of it? Was it worth the money?

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have done it. It's very relaxing. I felt it was worth the money. You get the boat and a captain for an hour. You can take snacks and drinks on the boat if you like.

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Original Poster
Thanks KK!

Thanks Kingdom Konsultant! I will keep my res for the MK fireworks cruise...and take my own drinks and snacks on board.

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom