Help Traveling I95

deenice76

Original Poster
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. Three questions for you:

Which apps and/or websites do you use for finding cheapest gas along I95?

Which apps/websites do you use for finding rest stops/service stations along I95?

I stopped at a rest stop a few years back in either North or South Carolina. I can't remember if we stoooed there on a trip to Orlando or to Myrtle Beach. It was HUGE had rooms filled with nautical / beach items for sale, in addition to bathrooms and food options. Does anyone else know which rest stop I'm referring to?

Did the rest stop have a large overlook tower and miniature golf with the shops? Sounds like Pedro's South of the Border right on the NC and SC border. We stopped there once along the way north years ago, and thought it was odd fun.

JerseyDad

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. Three questions for you:

Which apps and/or websites do you use for finding cheapest gas along I95?

Which apps/websites do you use for finding rest stops/service stations along I95?

I stopped at a rest stop a few years back in either North or South Carolina. I can't remember if we stopped there on a trip to Orlando or to Myrtle Beach. It was HUGE had rooms filled with nautical / beach items for sale, in addition to bathrooms and food options. Does anyone else know which rest stop I'm referring to?

....the I-95 rest stops are pretty well marked with signage ...well in advance of actually getting there. That said ....I like to know where the nearest restrooms, gas, food are at all times ...so I have often used the I-95 Exit Guide website on my smartphone. I'm not sure if they have an app (they do have a Facebook page) ....but my phone access to the website gives great info related to where the rest stops are ....at what mile marker ....and what amenities are at each rest stop. There is also a section that gives gas prices.

RKSteel

I have a list of all the exits for Cracker Barrel between NY and FL. Usually coordinate gas with bathroom at cracker barrel.
If your driving from north of NY or NJ, the Delaware welcome center is very nice, I avoid the NJ rest stops.
There are two in MD (Chesapeake and Maryland House), these are the last two on I95 until you get into Northern VA. If you are in the southbound HOV in N VA, Fredericksburg will be the first big exit with food and gas.

slappy magoo

....the I-95 rest stops are pretty well marked with signage ...well in advance of actually getting there. That said ....I like to know where the nearest restrooms, gas, food are at all times ...so I have often used the I-95 Exit Guide website on my smartphone. I'm not sure if they have an app (they do have a Facebook page) ....but my phone access to the website gives great info related to where the rest stops are ....at what mile marker ....and what amenities are at each rest stop. There is also a section that gives gas prices.

The i-95 Exit Guide at least has an app for android phones. No idea if they have one for iOS devices.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Cheap gas is to be avoided on long trips unless you really want expensive repairs on fuel system.

Your best bet is to buy fuel from the large fuel stations as its turned over fast and is unlikely to contain excessiver dirt or water

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom