Help! To Go Or Not To Go?

tink65

As you can see by my signature we are planning our next Disney trip for December....yeah it's a long time away:mad:

Anyway, DH just called me and thinks we should do a surprise trip in June for our daughter. She is graduating from high school June 1st and leaving for her senior trip June 3rd. She will be traveling to Orlando with a group of seniors/chaperones and will be visiting everything but Disney and will be returning home on June 10th. DH has come up with the idea of picking her up at their hotel June 10th and going to WDW for 6 nights. This would be a total surprise to her! We would just show up the morning of the 10th before her group leaves. Is this too crazy to even consider? I can't imagine what a surprise this would be!

Is it too crowded that time of year? Too hot? What's everyone's thoughts?
Just thinking about this gives me Disney butterflies!

Spikerdink

I love the idea - the times you can spend with your daughter will be fleeting from graduation onward...so this could be some really great memories for all of you.

My only concern would be - how would your daughter feel leaving the group for the trip home? Many of the students I have talked to over the years have great memories/stories from the bus and other rides home from Senior Trip.

The only other aspect you need to worry about is clearing this with the school. You need to speak to someone at the school about your plan as they are responsible for your daughter at that time and someone needs to know that you will be picking her up at the hotel. Schools don't like to be surprised by these things, especially in the day and age of split parental households and potential abductions....

Hope it works out well - let us know how surprised she is!

Upvote 0

Freshee61

Yes it will be hit and crowded but wdw usually is most of the time! Plus it's wdw i would go and wouldn't think twice. If staying on property take afternoon breaks at hotel pools! Have a magical time if u decide to go

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Who cares if it's to crowded....:lol:

Go and enjoy! I sounds like a super fabulous suprise!

I totally agree!!! We suprised our son when he graduated HS in 2007, he turned 18 the day he graduated. It wasn't too too crowded, on days where one park was packed, we'd go to another, but it was hot, not unbearable. The sheer memory in years to come, of your daughter's surprised expression when you pick her up, will be worth it!!! Think of the memory for her too!!!!! :sohappy: Go, enjoy, make memories, get Disney-fied!!!! Have fun planning it all :wave:

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I would totally go for it! But, yes, I agree that you should contact the school and I would also stress that it will be a surprise for her. That way the chaparones will know you are coming and hopefully not wreck the surprise. Have a wonderful time, because soon she will be off to college and then on her own. Do you want to adopt???:ROFLOL: Just kidding

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As you can see by my signature we are planning our next Disney trip for December....yeah it's a long time away:mad:

Anyway, DH just called me and thinks we should do a surprise trip in June for our daughter. She is graduating from high school June 1st and leaving for her senior trip June 3rd. She will be traveling to Orlando with a group of seniors/chaperones and will be visiting everything but Disney and will be returning home on June 10th. DH has come up with the idea of picking her up at their hotel June 10th and going to WDW for 6 nights. This would be a total surprise to her! We would just show up the morning of the 10th before her group leaves. Is this too crazy to even consider? I can't imagine what a surprise this would be!

Is it too crowded that time of year? Too hot? What's everyone's thoughts?
Just thinking about this gives me Disney butterflies!

We did this very thing with our daughter in 2010. Her senior trip was actually at WDW, and though she already had been there 4 days she was thrilled to spend 3 more and LOVED not having to take the bus transportation (10 hours) home.

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

I just wanted to chime and and say DO IT! What an amazing experience and something you will remember forever. Graduating is such a special experience and what better way to kick off a new chapter in life with the best surprise ever by celebrating in the happiest place on earth. Go make those MEMORIES!:wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I agree!! Go for it. I also think its very important to talk to the group leader first to make sure they will not have an issue with her leaving the group and returning with them. Might not seem like a huge deal to me and you but I know when my DD was on the crew team and they went away they had a very hard time when a partent wanted to meet up with the group and take the child away. So make sure it wont be an issues and stree the fact that this will be surprise so they dont tell her by accident!!! Good luck and I think this is AWESOME idea!!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

My son was singing at Disney with his school chorus. They were only staying one day. We live only 3 hours away. We went to watch them sing and then surprised my son with a weeks stay. We had his suitcase in the car and he rode to Disney on the bus with the school so he never saw the suitcases. We arranged it with the school and had no problems. He was soo surprised and a trip we will never forget! So YES DO IT !!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom