Help... Thinking of Changing my Resort and don't want to make a mistake

I am staying at Pop Century in about 50 days. I have stayed at Pop Century for the past two years and really want to change my resort this year to try something new. I called Disney to price an upgrade and can't afford that, so I am stuck with one of the All Star Resorts. I have heard that the All Star Resorts share bus service. I am afraid of this as having stayed at Pop there have been times where my little one's have had to stand on the buses, and that's without sharing a bus with other resorts. So, is it worth it to switch to one of the All Star Resorts and do you know what order the buses run in. What hotel do they go to first, second third? Thanks.

KaliSplash

All-Star's bus sharing is usually in the middle of the day. Early mornins and nights each one usually gets its own bus.

That said, All Star Sports is first on and first off if they are sharing. Movies is last on and last off if they are sharing.

If the suites are available at music, you might want to try that for your group.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Love, love, love Pop and will always be my favorite value just becuase it's different than the others.

Hooooowwwwwever, I completely understand your point and we were in the same situation last year. We have already stayed at ASSp in the past and it's ok. Old, refurbed, been there, done that. So we went to ASMu and I had my reservations but we really, really liked it. Very bright, clean, upbeat and I have to agree with what another said about the music and atmosphere. Very pleasant. My family enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like is the layout in that it's a freaking marathon from the main building to the farthest room building. It is a hike if you get one of those rooms. Seriously. A non-preferred room at a moderate is closer, I swear it. But overall, a great experience. Try it. I think you would enjoy it. If not, you can always go back to Pop next time and really, is it possible to have a horrible time at Disney? I think not! :D

Upvote 0

tink65

I also would recommend staying with POP. We've stayed at all the Value resorts but we've only stayed at POP since it opened. It has it's own dedicated bus system, has 3 pools instead of 2 and has a bigger food court. Also, POP was just renovated last year! If you do decide on one of the All Stars we really liked the theme at Movies the best. Especially the Toy Story section! Down side to Movies though is it is the last pick up and last drop off if you're riding a bus that is shared.......... HTH

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

We are planning on POP this August. We haven't been there for a few years and wanted to change it up. The last two years we've stayed at ASMu. My husband wasn't keen on the idea of going back to POP as he likes the entire AS resort area. You can use all six of the pools and eat at different food courts as well. When staying at Music and boarding buses in the morning, seats were available. If seating is your concern, stay at ASSp.

Upvote 0

firekymmie

We just stayed at AS Music this past weekend in a Family Suite. It was great plenty of room. We had 5 adults and a baby. I always stay at POP for the values when we cant afford anything else. We did stay at AS Sports last April and I didnt like it much. But I will go back to Music and the price difference was worth having the family suite over the 2 rooms. with the microwave and frig there. We never had much of a wait for a bus either this trip.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

thank you, smk, for pointing out on the bus thing again. I will concur, rarely do the All Stars share buses anymore. Beauty of the All Star complex is if your bus is taking a while you can hop on to one of the other AllStar buses and walk over to your resort! We have stayed at both Pop and All Star Music and we love AS Music! It is a very nice resort with mature foilage, giving it a nice "resort" feel. No construction going on next door right now, Pop's new neighbor is under construction.
We have stayed at the family suites and they are wonderful!!!! I was hesitant at first to change resorts but when we were doing an improptu trip in March of 2009 and AllStar Music was the only thing open we gave it a try and I am so glad that we did. If we were to travel down again and not take the travel trailer, we would be at AS Music.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Hello. I've stayed at POP and All Star Sports. Even though I like POP better as a resort due to theming and the food court, I actually prefer AS Sports. With POP, yes it has designated bus service. That being said, on many occasions my past 2 trips, the buses actually showing up to pick you up after long days in the parks was excrutiating. One night we were in line with a ton of people for close to an hour. If this had been a one time occurrence, I would not mention it so....that being said - yes AS Sports DOES share buses with the other 2 AS resorts. BUT you are the first ones picked up and dropped off and the buses are many. Just for that reason alone (and the awesome decorations!) I choose AS Sports. I'd go back there in a minute.:wave:

Upvote 0

graphite1326

I have stayed at all of the value resorts. As far as the bus service goes, I saw no difference. There were times that I've had to wait long time for a bus on the way back at either place. It doesn't seem to matter which you stay at, sometimes you are gonna stand on the way back especialy after a night show. I did like the idea that POP has it's own waiting area. If I were you and you want to change, I would go to Sports. Like someone said, you are the first off the bus. Also, I think it has the best theming (however you spell that).

That being said: I booked our trip on line thru WDW. Our last trip, 2 weeks before we went, we added 2 days to our passes. From 6 t0 8. I had the receipt from the WDW vacation people and I'm glad I did. I never noticed that my KTTK card had only 6 days on it. Embarresing moment when we couldn't get into HS. And when I went to the GR they had no record of the change. They were very nice however when I showed them my receipt and had no problems after that. Just that is not the only problem I had with the WDW vacation people. I would think about that before I made a change.

Upvote 0

Silver Figment

My opinion would be to stay at the All Star Movies if you want to mix it up. It seems to be the most updated and doesn't always share buses with the other All Stars. I often stay at the All Stars and i like it there.

Upvote 0

kucarachi

Pop it up

i dont think there is really even a comparison...we've stayed at movies and took a look around the other ones. The movies was the best of the all star resorts...until pop century. The rooms are all about the same in any value resort but you get a far better food court, a better gift shop. The pools are basic pools your not going to get anything that would make a game changing decision.
But if its just variety that you want go for it, i just wouldnt get my hopes that any of the other values are better in any way than pop century, they are more than enough to keep you happy.

You may want to look into renting some DVC points you can get animal kingdom during value season for 9 points a night sun thru thursday...and the rental is 10 per points....so for a few dollars a night more you could stay at a deluxe resort if you plan it right. I am a DVC member and its really worth a few extra bucks..literally if you can find a trustworthy rental

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom