Help save the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah tip for the day!

I, for one, absolutely adore that "Tip For Today" jingle :)

I downloaded the audio of Resort TV from a website (I'll try and get the address for those who want it), and I'm not embarrased to admit that I have it playing whilst I take a bath :lol:

I can then close my eyes, pretend I'm in a Disney hotel in Orlando. Maybe too much information??

I have yet to experience the new Resort TV, so I can't pass judgement on that yet. But I know I'll really miss "Tip For Today"
:(

I used to have Resort TV on whilst getting ready for a busy day theme-parking, in the morning, in my lovely All Star Music room, and, even though the tips didn't particularly help me out (even though I'm sure they were of use to many), that tune was simply the best.

Let's hear it for "Tip For Today"!! :sohappy:

pepper2028

zip tip

Im for it KEEP the zip tip alive it wouldnt be a trip to a disney hotel without the same old zip tip tune.......good thread

I sent my email request to disney

Heyyall

Save the tip

I LOVE the disney TV info! It's part of the fun of going to sleep to that everynight when youre down there! Maybe they got rid of it because it was the same tip everyday and everytime...

bigbadwolf

I think it sounds like a good idea... They now have a bimbo doing it!:lol: The girl acts like a idiot! Looks like the camera man was flirting with her or something.:lol: :lol: :lol:

ddank

even on a disney world board can people be idiots over the internet. Tip for the day rocks, I will let WDW know I want it back.

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by ddank
even on a disney world board can people be idiots over the internet. Tip for the day rocks, I will let WDW know I want it back.

Ummmmm did you call us idiots? I think everyone here supported the idea of having it come back?

ddank

hmm no... but if dont understand who the idiots are im referring to then that my tell you something about yourself

bigbadwolf

hmm no... but if dont understand who the idiots are im referring to then that my tell you something about yourself

I still have no idea what your getting at? What does us beening idiots have todo with the channel at WDW, it tells you info about the rides? Plus you said the INTERNET? Who said or started you going off on people on this board? Who said something stupid? What are you saying? And how are you going to tell WDW to bring "Tip for the day" back on the channel? The conversation was who feels that they should bring "Tip for the day" back on the air? Not whos an idiot?

DisneyPhD

I think he was refering to the fact that on the 1st page of this thread some people where making fun of those who wanted to let WDW know we will miss the "Tip of the Day". Implying that we only sit around and wacth T.V. when we are on vacation instead of going out and enjoying WDW.

(where in reality we sit around at home and play on the interet talking about what we like or don't like about WDW :lol: )

So bigbadwolf I don't think ddank was refering to you. (but some other people out there :animwink: )

Thank you pepper2028 emailing, and everyone else!

goofyfan13

I too have wrote to Disney and am looking forward to hearing from them. (If they follow through) Hopefully we can get the Zip-a-dee-doo-dah tip for today back in some form or another!

Originally posted by minniemouseuk
I, for one, absolutely adore that "Tip For Today" jingle :)

I downloaded the audio of Resort TV from a website (I'll try and get the address for those who want it

I would love to get a copy of that link! Thanks. :sohappy:

T1nker_Bell

sorry.. im not going to miss it. instead of Travel Disney Channel, why not get another REAL cable channel? I love disney world and the entire experience, but im not too into tv.

Heyyall

In my Opinion, the best part of this Disney Tv info loop is falling asleep to it at night. I found it to be A LOT more pleasant to fall asleep to in the magical world of Disney instead of the news that I heard all the time. Disney is a place to just relax and be in the magic, and why not have the TV to go with it as well?

optjay

"In my Opinion, the best part of this Disney Tv info loop is falling asleep to it at night. I found it to be A LOT more pleasant to fall asleep to in the magical world of Disney instead of the news that I heard all the time. Disney is a place to just relax and be in the magic, and why not have the TV to go with it as well?"

could not agree with you more!

Sorcerer1

Well folks, I know that there are many who love the old Tip-For-Today spiel, and I am one of them. Disney has to change, even if we don't like it. Who knows, maybe they will come out with something better. Until then, I will keep playing the old Tip-For-Today's on my radio station! :animwink:

Dizknee_Phreek

i was just there in june, and i was surprised to see it gone when i went this past week. i thought the loop could use a little updating, but not a complete overhaul! the one they have now is terrible! it doesn't tell the 'newer' Disney vacationers anything! it's the 'top 7 must-see's of the World'. and, of course, we all know those 7 things are debateable! for pete's sake! don't tell people what to go see! show them a little bit of everything and let them decide what to see for themselves! i, for one, want to see 'tip for today', or something similar, back on WDW tv!
and i agree. i think generally people don't pay all that money just to sit in their room and watch tv. but it was great for watching while getting ready, waiting for others to get ready, snacking on late-night pizza, or even right before bed. this was something i was planning on writing Disney about anyway, but now that i see that others feel the same way i do, i'll definately be writing Disney about this!

Maerj

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
i was just there in june, and i was surprised to see it gone when i went this past week. i thought the loop could use a little updating, but not a complete overhaul! the one they have now is terrible! it doesn't tell the 'newer' Disney vacationers anything! it's the 'top 7 must-see's of the World'. and, of course, we all know those 7 things are debateable! for pete's sake! don't tell people what to go see! show them a little bit of everything and let them decide what to see for themselves! i, for one, want to see 'tip for today', or something similar, back on WDW tv!
and i agree. i think generally people don't pay all that money just to sit in their room and watch tv. but it was great for watching while getting ready, waiting for others to get ready, snacking on late-night pizza, or even right before bed. this was something i was planning on writing Disney about anyway, but now that i see that others feel the same way i do, i'll definately be writing Disney about this!

Exactly, thank you Disney_Phreek! This is my point, we all know things change, and that this would change too. But if they are going to go and replace it with something that no one likes, they need to be told about it. Their primary goal is to please the guests. To do that, they need feedback. There are many people who are content to let things happen and then sit back and complain on message board, there are fewer who will go and complain to the source and try to do something about it.

Sure you can look at this as "just a dumb commercial" as some have said. But I could just as easily say to those people, some of you have over 1000 posts on a message board about a dumb amusement park, couldn't I?

This was just something that made a trip to WDW seem a lil more magical. Some of us absolutely loved and to others it meant nothing at all. I respect your right and opinion to not like it, but at the same time you should respect ours instead of posting nonsense, insults or garbage in an effort to belittle us and what we enjoy. You know who you are. To all those who do enjoy it and have helped, thanks. Perhaps, because of you, they may look at the current loop and may realize that it is not only non-informative, but irritating and annoying to guests. Perhaps an all new loop will be made that is more in the spirit of the old one, with its cheery message, classic song and funky animation. Maybe there will be more "tips for the day" and more tours of each park. That would be worthwhile information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom