Help save the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah tip for the day!

Woody13

Hey, Mr. General Public do you realize
That we got a generation here of staring eyes
The women never bother getting house work done
They just sit around talking at tele-vee-shun!

The kiddies never run and playing out of doors
On top of that they never reading books no more
You ask them who the father of our country man
They say, "Was either Walt Disney or Ed Sullivan"!

Maerj

Original Poster
Originally posted by KevinPage
I thought I was passioniate, but not enough to bring back a commercial on resort TV.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Well, it just doesn't feel like a Disney trip until you hear the tip for the day.

This subject started in another thread and there already others who have emailed WDW in order to help.

In fact there have been many threads concerning this, people practically begging to get copies of it on VHS or DVD, people taking VCRs with them just to tape it. So, all of these sarcastic/ambivalent responses are kinda surprising. Oh well.

RPMdfw

And then everyone can send an email to Dr Pepper demanding the return of the "I'm a Pepper, He's a Pepper, She's a Pepper, Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper Too?" Commercials.

Television watching just hasn't been the same since they changed that commercial!

:lookaroun

:D

DisneyPhD

I will miss it. I think if enough people take a few seconds to let Disney know it was enjoyed then they might make some changes.

I don't know about you, but it set my vacation off to a good start, and helped continue it during the stay.

bearboysnc

If you're worried about whats on TV while at WDW, you need to get out of your room a little more.

"tip for the day" TURN OFF THE TV.

Sherm00

for all the times i have went i almost never watch the resort TV. most of the time I am in the parks or by a pool etc, and by the time i'm back at my room at night, a hot shower and off to bed to start it all off as eairly as possible the next day.

Maerj

Original Poster
Originally posted by bearboysnc
If you're worried about whats on TV while at WDW, you need to get out of your room a little more.

"tip for the day" TURN OFF THE TV.

No one just sits in their room for their entire vacation watching a 20 minute loop over and over. Its just something that a bunch of people enjoyed seeing while at the parks. It was nice to have it on the TV while other people you may be traveling with are getting ready, instead of just staring at the wall or out the window.

goofyman

Originally posted by Maerj
No one just sits in their room for their entire vacation watching a 20 minute loop over and over. Its just something that a bunch of people enjoyed seeing while at the parks. It was nice to have it on the TV while other people you may be traveling with are getting ready, instead of just staring at the wall or out the window.

I totally agree, My kids love that loop and look forward to hearing it. It's part of the "first things you do when you get to WDW" It is not about watching TV on vacation, I am the first to pull the kids away and get them outside and to the parks or even outside when they are home. And I have to admitt while waiting for everyone to get ready I love watching that loop as well..Bye the way when did it change.? We were there in July and My son actually taped it off the TV

WDWspider

I will miss it as well and find it shocking the way many people are responding. However, I have no strong urge to petition it from being removed. I look forward to the next fun thing.:)

DisneyPhD

Here the the canned response I got from me email to them requesting to bring it back

"Thank you for writing to the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate the time you took to contact us. We wanted to let you know
that we have received your comments and are reviewing them with the
areas concerned. You can expect to hear from one of our correspondents
within the next few weeks."

Changeing it back would be easy enough, or just adding it to the loop.

I am also surprized and anoyed at the rude way a few people are responding to this. If you aren't interested, don't bother. It is amazing what some people will turn into a debate.

Thanks for all the help from those who want to let WDW know it will be missed and we don't like the new one.

JLW11Hi

Well....I'm sure these things are bound to change now and then. Maybe even if just because some of the info that was given is different now, or an old loop had an old attraction on it, or they need to make new ones that feature the new attractions and stuff. You really shouldn't get too worked up about it, I mean, it was cute and all, but it won't be the end of the world if its gone. :)

Woody13

I watch the late, late movie then I climb the stairs
Get into bed and have Tele-Vee-Shun nightmares
Complete with bad commercials that repeat all night
Both in compatible color and black and white!

Some day my son grow up and want to go to sea
So, he probably go and try to join U.S. Navy
They give him aptitude test, man now here's the rub
They find him best suited for watching Mickey Mouse Club!

Maerj

Original Poster
I just pick up my chin, and grin and say...
Look out, there are forty of the, FORTY!

This is like a whole new world, a world where you can taste words and smell colors and feel different sounds and its groovy baby, just groovy.

Look, there are letters here, ya dig? When you put them together they form words, thoughts, ideas, feelings. When you stop and think about it, this is a very primative form of telepathy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom