HELP, PLEASE! Disney anti-theft tag!

Cosmo

Original Poster
:cry: Hi everybody...i desperately need your help. DW and I went to WDW last night to stroll around at Epcot. After illuminations she went into mousegear to buy our soon to be arriving nephew some clothes and baby things. She purchased a rattle, a jumper, a bib and a hat. They are baby blue and SOO cute.

It was late when she purchased them, probably 945 or so.

Today, as she's packing up the stuff to mail to her brother's family she realized that the CM didn't remove the anti-theft "inkmate" thing on the hat. what do we do????? It says "tampering with inkmate releases ink and could cause injury"!

Before anybody flames me, i SWEAR we purchased it, we have the receipt! I would not steal from anyone or shoplift. We aren't going to be able to go to WDW for well over a month (with work, we usually go on the weekends but we're busy for the next few weekends) and we really want to send the little fella his first disney hat asap!

Any ideas how to get this off? Anybody have information on who to call at Disney to get info on how to remove this thing without ink exploding all over it??

THANK YOU!
:cry:

masterv

I'd call the place up where you purchased it and explain your situation. They may let you send the item back and send you a hat without the security device. My wife did that at a local clothing store once and they gladly took off the device when she handed them a receipt. I hope you still kept the receipt because that will make things easier. I'm not really sure if I'd try to take the thing off myself unless you want to take an ink bath. Good luck!

masterv

Cosmo said:
Thanks, Masterv. Anybody know the number to mousegear?

Did the phone number not appear on the receipt? If not, maybe you can do a quick Google search unless someone here knows the phone number by heart. I don't know the number or I'd help you. Sorry.

LilDucky

Cosmo said:
Good call! Just for future reference, the number is 407-363-6200!:p :sohappy:
It may be too late to answer your question, but that happened to my sister's Figment plush. We didnt discover it 'till we got home, and so she called the mail order people. They instructed her to send it with the receipt. They were quick to return it, and they reimbursed the money she spent shipping it!

Disney rocks like that :king:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Walt Disney World Merchandise Mail Order
Phone 407-363-6200
Fax 407-352-6369

Edit : oops, I lingered in my search !!

mandib

This happened to us but having a father who thought he could pry it off he tried. A once pink night shirt turned to blue with the ink. We've learned our lesson. I had shorts that they forgot to take the device off of too but I'm not sure what happened to them. Hmm. This always happens in World of Disney but now we watch them with the clothes so we don't have to go through this. Good luck on the hat though!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I think the best part of all of this is that none of the people with the ink tags still on set off the alarms as they were leaving the store. :lol: Apparently Disney just puts them on there for their health and not really to alert them when people take merchandise they havent paid for. :hammer:

brertigger

I recommend you try to call the manager of the store.
My family recently returned home with a shirt from one of the resorts and it still had the tag on it. The manager was very nice and helpful.

Another thing you can try, if there is a store in your town that still uses the InkMate tags, you can see if someone there will take the tag off, when you show them your receipt. That worked for us. They said technically they are not supposed to, but they'll do it anyway.

maelstrom

tiggerific418 said:
I think the best part of all of this is that none of the people with the ink tags still on set off the alarms as they were leaving the store. :lol: Apparently Disney just puts them on there for their health and not really to alert them when people take merchandise they havent paid for. :hammer:

I don't think the inktags set off alarms. They are a deterrant to stealing because if you rip the tag off, the item gets ruined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom