Help needed

Jessikalili

Original Poster
Can anyone help me.

Me and my partner are getting married next September in Disney however were both from the UK. I was just looking for some help as to what we may be expected to organise that the disney planner can not.

Do we need to organise the licenses ourselves in the UK? Or is that all sorted State side?

Do we need to organise an officiant or do Disney provide this?

Are there any extra fees that have not been shown to us yet?

As a side note can anyone reccomened a good hair and make up artist in Orlando?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Can anyone help me.

Me and my partner are getting married next September in Disney however were both from the UK. I was just looking for some help as to what we may be expected to organise that the disney planner can not.

Do we need to organise the licenses ourselves in the UK? Or is that all sorted State side?

Do we need to organise an officiant or do Disney provide this?

Are there any extra fees that have not been shown to us yet?

As a side note can anyone reccomened a good hair and make up artist in Orlando?
Would seem to be questions best answered by the Disney wedding planner?

Luv4disney

Hi, my sister just had an escape wedding 10/24/16 sea breeze point disneyworld
I hired a hair/makeup artist for her
From fairytale hair and makeup
www.fairytalehairandmakeup.com
Bride$200.00 hair, makeup, lashes
(Artist comes to ur room)
There are several officiants to choose from that works with Disney.
I think it was 200.00 US?
If u will be in the Orlando area a couple days before wedding, mon-fri you can apply for the license at the city clerk
U can also apply online , I think that was UNDER 90.00 US By mail.
www.brevardclerk.us
(mail away marriage certificate )

Must be applied / within 60 days of wedding date

My sister couldn't start picking her wedding cake, music, flowers etc... until 8 months prior to wedding date.
She booked her date for October in February.
We also did a private dessert fireworks party in Epcot on her wedding night for 20 people.
The wedding was beautiful. The photographer was great.

Feel free to ask me questions if I can help.
Best wishes to u both

NiarrNDisney

Consider going on the Dolphin and Swan website they had a very informative section devoted to Weddings and the staff that helps plan your big day were really nice and helpful even to those just inquiring!

Luv4disney

Also, on the Disney wedding website
www.disneyweddings.com
You can build your wedding to see what it will cost.
The wedding planners are so helpful.
We were from out of state and the planning was super easy.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the ceremony won't be recognized in the UK. To be legal in the US you would need to get your own license, but I know that alot of weddings outside the US aren't recognized in the US. So many people have their "wedding" overseas, but then when they get back home to the US have a quick ceremony at town hall to make it official.

If you are booking a wedding through Disney Weddings they will help you take care of almost everything. At worst, providing a list of approved vendors, and at best having the services themselves. Depending on the level you book, you may simply be choosing from a few options (cake options, location), to having a large a la carte menu you can pick from to hit your minimum spend (transportation type, music group type/size, decor packages etc).

Disney5Mom

My son is thinking of doing the cocktail fireworks party at Epcot ,after his wedding in Jan 2018 for 20 people as well. Where was the party located? He is also planning an Escape wedding.Do you have any suggestions>

DisneyDayDreamer

My son is thinking of doing the cocktail fireworks party at Epcot ,after his wedding in Jan 2018 for 20 people as well. Where was the party located? He is also planning an Escape wedding.Do you have any suggestions>

They normally do the cocktail party on a multi leveled location near the bridge between the UK and the France pavilion. It's an amazing view!

TXDisney

I'd imagine planning from the UK is no different then planning from the states. How we planned was we asked for info to be sent to us. We reviewed to see if it was even within budget with guessing how many guests would come. Bc more then1/2 of the wedding cost is good and alcohol pee person. When we said it looks like it'd be within budget they sent us more info. Details like menus, flowers, etc. that you normally have to deal with. Disney wedding vary in price depending on the day and time as well. So when you request a date it's not guaranteed. A lot of couples marry at WDW. We got lucky and got the day we asked for. But with 125 guests it limited where we could have the ceremony and reception. Pretty much marry at the wedding Pavilion and reception at grand Floridian. Both actually what we wanted. If you have a small amount of guests where you can do all that is almost bottomless. We then signed a tentative contract with them. With the numbers still able to change based on upgrades or things you might decide you don't want. Disney doesn't let you do pretty much anything outside of who they offer to maintain quality and such. It also makes it easier to plan bc just one group is taking care of everything. The most complicated thing for us was figuring out who was staying at a WDW resort and all out of our guests. The guests get a small discounted rate for staying onsite but they need notice. It was difficult to find out where 125 guests wanted to stay and get them to commit and all in advance. The fun part while expensive was the wedding planning visit. You schedule one about 3-6 months out to sit down and choose pretty much every detail you want. It's slot of info in a few hour span making a lot of decisions. The fun part was the food tasting. So you send before your visit a tentative menu with a backup option for every course and they serve you in the kitchen all the food you've chosen letting you taste test and all. The food was incredible. You also do you cake test as well. The whole visit takes around 6-8hrs. Still nothing is final but you've actually seen choices. The agitating part is that we live in Texas so it's a whole trip that was expensive while your already paying for a wedding. We made it work though. I think living in the U.K. They'd be able to do it through email, phone, Skype, etc.

Good luck. And congrats!!!

Luv4disney

Hi disney5mom,
My sister had the Epcot private fireworks dessert party for 20 people.
It was located in NORWAY / great spot. She was unable to pick her spot .
They picked it for her as the U.K. AREA
Was already booked. Plus the spots around Epcot are based on the size of party.
I think the cost for the party was around 1000.00 included tables and chairs
Linens and voltive candles food drink
We were all allowed to wear wedding attire to party.
It was so great for her to wear her wedding dress to her party, listening to well over 1000's congratulating and cheering her and husband walking through the park was just a highlight
It's was fantastic !!

Mna

I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the ceremony won't be recognized in the UK. To be legal in the US you would need to get your own license, but I know that alot of weddings outside the US aren't recognized in the US. So many people have their "wedding" overseas, but then when they get back home to the US have a quick ceremony at town hall to make it official.
This is very inaccurate/incorrect. By this logic, every couple who immigrated to the US would have invalid marriages, and they obviously don't.

Many people who marry internationally CHOOSE to do a courthouse wedding prior to or immediately following the destination wedding ceremony simply to avoid the red tape that can come with having your wedding in a country you are not native to. For instance, for someone to marry in Mexico, there is a list of requirements for a legal wedding, including blood tests. That can make having the legal wedding there costly and prohibitive time-wise, plus the couple would have to pay to have their marriage license translated for their social security card changes and other paperwork changes. Not exactly something most people want to deal with. The same would likely be true in reverse, for someone outside the US wishing to marry in the US.

dreamfinder

This is very inaccurate/incorrect. By this logic, every couple who immigrated to the US would have invalid marriages, and they obviously don't.

Many people who marry internationally CHOOSE to do a courthouse wedding prior to or immediately following the destination wedding ceremony simply to avoid the red tape that can come with having your wedding in a country you are not native to. For instance, for someone to marry in Mexico, there is a list of requirements for a legal wedding, including blood tests. That can make having the legal wedding there costly and prohibitive time-wise, plus the couple would have to pay to have their marriage license translated for their social security card changes and other paperwork changes. Not exactly something most people want to deal with. The same would likely be true in reverse, for someone outside the US wishing to marry in the US.

All I know is speaking from experience with my friends/coworkers who were all told for it to be recognized had to do a ceremony in the US. Keep in mind we still have states who don't recognize marriages performed in other states, never mind other countries.......

correcaminos

All I know is speaking from experience with my friends/coworkers who were all told for it to be recognized had to do a ceremony in the US. Keep in mind we still have states who don't recognize marriages performed in other states, never mind other countries.......
I have to agree with the PP, you ideas about this are outdated. While some marriages were not considered legal in other states between same sex people, that is no longer an issue. There is no need to go to the courthouse unless you have not done thing properly when in another state/abroad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom