help needed! :)

disneyfan2345

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I’m going to Disney World in about a month. My mom and I will be at Disney for three days and we will be at Magic Kingdom all day on February 29th, which is One More Disney Day. I was thinking Epcot on the 28th then Animal Kingdom/ Hollywood Studios on March 1st. We’re probably going to the character meals Akershus and 1900 Park Fare for dinner on two of the nights.

I am planning a surprise for my friend that is getting married in a couple of months. They are both huge fans of Disney. My plan was to go around to as many characters as possible and have them autograph something (wedding guestbook maybe?) then take the characters picture with the guestbook and put both the autograph and the picture into a scrapbook. To go along with the scrapbook I was thinking that I could video the characters giving marriage advice or saying congratulations.

I have some questions though-
Any tips on where to go to meet the most characters? As mentioned, we are planning on going to two character meals but any other tips about meeting characters would be much appreciated! :)
Any ideas on what the characters could sign for them? I was thinking a wedding guest book but I would love any other ideas.
For the video portion of this, any ideas on what questions I should ask the characters? Wedding advice? Etc.

I have been to Disney a lot but I've never been doing a project like this when I was there. So any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Disneyfan2345

real mad hatter

Character Spots.

Hey,that's a super idea you have come up with.Ok here goes.Epcot around the world countries you will see lots of characters.At HS visit Pixar place,over at AK there all over the place,and at MK. main street USA.But here's my tip,get there early on the morning before the parks get busy.Our first visit in 2004,my son was 6 years old and we got at least 40 photos of him and characters in one day.:sohappy:

ssnyder4

Love that idea...what a great friend you are.

You could have them sign any sort of pretty paper (maybe in the colors of the wedding) and then cut them out and glue them on a matte...then pick any of a zillion great pictures of the castle (or other Disney icon) and get it printed to fill the matte, frame it and that's a great gift.

As for characters...the meals are a great bet...I wonder if you went to the castle and talked to the folks at check in about what you're doing if they could run something upstairs to the princesses to sign for you...I've heard about Disney magic and it seems like a great place to start.

Disneykidder

Cute idea. The character spot in Epcot has Mic, Min, Chip, Dale, Goofy and Donald...it gets crowded so go early in the am. Sometimes around Main Street there are a lot. We saw Chip, Dale, Mic, Min, a few Princesses, Jafar maybe, Pinnochio, Gepetto and a few others all in a matter of minutes.

You could always buy them one share of Disney stock...it comes with a nice certificate with characters all around it. It isn't free like getting autographs, though. It is $100, I think?

You're a good friend.

mm52

That's a great idea! I'm not sure about getting the characters to actual speak on the video though. I remember a few years ago seeing Goofy, my nephews favorite character, and he didn't speak at all, just made hand gestures like holding his hand to is heart and giving big hugs. I hope it works out for you that would certainly be a special gift!

Hi everyone!

I’m going to Disney World in about a month. My mom and I will be at Disney for three days and we will be at Magic Kingdom all day on February 29th, which is One More Disney Day. I was thinking Epcot on the 28th then Animal Kingdom/ Hollywood Studios on March 1st. We’re probably going to the character meals Akershus and 1900 Park Fare for dinner on two of the nights.

I am planning a surprise for my friend that is getting married in a couple of months. They are both huge fans of Disney. My plan was to go around to as many characters as possible and have them autograph something (wedding guestbook maybe?) then take the characters picture with the guestbook and put both the autograph and the picture into a scrapbook. To go along with the scrapbook I was thinking that I could video the characters giving marriage advice or saying congratulations.

I have some questions though-
Any tips on where to go to meet the most characters? As mentioned, we are planning on going to two character meals but any other tips about meeting characters would be much appreciated! :)
Any ideas on what the characters could sign for them? I was thinking a wedding guest book but I would love any other ideas.
For the video portion of this, any ideas on what questions I should ask the characters? Wedding advice? Etc.

I have been to Disney a lot but I've never been doing a project like this when I was there. So any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Disneyfan2345

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I believe guest services on Main Street has an individual that will be able to get you pretty much ANYONE'S signature. That could be a one-stop shopping location right there!

raceroom

If you have a Disney visa card you can get a free meet and greet complete with a 5x7. Maybe you could make a sign for them and have the characters hold the sign for the picture. Disney visa area is in epcot at innoventions.

real mad hatter

Disney Stocks?

Cute idea. The character spot in Epcot has Mic, Min, Chip, Dale, Goofy and Donald...it gets crowded so go early in the am. Sometimes around Main Street there are a lot. We saw Chip, Dale, Mic, Min, a few Princesses, Jafar maybe, Pinnochio, Gepetto and a few others all in a matter of minutes.

You could always buy them one share of Disney stock...it comes with a nice certificate with characters all around it. It isn't free like getting autographs, though. It is $100, I think?

You're a good friend.

Hmm,iam interested in this Disney stock thing you mentioned for 100 dollars,where can you buy it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom