Help Needed!!!

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi Everyone :wave:
My DW and I are planning our 9th trip to WDW for May 2009. We are going with some friends and their 7 year old son. We really want to make the trip extra special for little Harry and have decided to give him a list of challenges each day to complete, resulting in a prize at the end of the trip.
We could really use some help with ideas for challenges, for example: things to find, autographs to get, questions to be answered (even if he has to ask a cast member), things to do, foods to try or hidden treasures to be found etc.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, but please bear in mind he will be 7 years old at the time of the trip and is a little shy, so we're trying to coax him out of his shell a little too.
We are all so excited about the trip and want to make it as magical as possible. Harry doesn't even know he is going yet, he thinks he is going to Spain :animwink:.

Thanks in advance.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is it his first trip? If it is, I would think he'd have so much to see and do, carrying out challenges would get in the way and be overwhelming. If hes been lots of times, I could see something like that might be fun. Just my opinion :)

disneynut4u

Getting a passport in EPCOT at each country is a fun & learning experience. The CMs write a little something in their native language and then tell him what it says. My son was 7 the first time he went and he was awed by that experience. Their are lots of things he can look for in World Showcase. Their is a maze in United Kingdom, alleys that take you back into Morocco, and a lot more I can't think of. There's not much to do in World Showcase for younger kids and finding more for him to do might make it easier for you to sightsee! It should be easy to come up with something to do in WS and just let him enjoy the other parks. Plus, trying to find the characters is going to keep him busy enough!!

pacochran

There is always the quest of Hidden Mickey's. My kids when they were younger really enjoyed it and this still do. if you go to www.allearsnet.com I believe they have a section on hidden Mickey's.

If you also search the the forum here there are a bunch of different things around the parks you can do like the talking trash can, and others that I don't recall.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I agree that you will be so overwelmed each day that doing a "challange" would get in the way. All that work will go down the toilet once you get into the park. In addition, your child will be overwelmed and probably too excited to even care about a prize. The prize is being at WDW.

You can do fun riddles, etc while standing in line, or even give him the map and have him figure out how to get from one place to another,
What I did a few weeks prior to leaving is I had my daughter earn "mickey money" to put towards purchases at WDW. I printed paper money from my computer and put it in a piggy bank for the trip.

Good Luck.. Maybe one day do a challange, or even sign him up to do the pirates adventure (I think that is what they call it) but they get (without parents) to go on a treasure hunt on a boat with Disney Cast Members. My daughter did it, and she had a blast. Also visiting each of the countries and having them tag your mask is pretty fun also (passport), plus it makes for a GREAT suvy to take home and put on the wall.

:D

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Go to all the maid carts and steal their soap...Then tell on him for doing it. That should be an ordeal he'll never forget!

figmentmom

If he isn't overwhelmed, and if the idea of something like this appeals to him, you could ask him to count the number of characters he sees each day, or count the number of Cast Members he says hello to each day, or count the number of Cast Members from his own home state (he'll just have to look at their name tags, of course), or something relatively easy like that. I personally find Hidden Mickeys very frustrating, because I can never find them! :ROFLOL:

I wouldn't put too much stress on the little guy. WDW can be pretty overwlemlming.

Have a great trip! :wave:

heliumalias

Make sure you pick up the kids versions of the park maps at the entrance to each park. If you're on a long flight then maybe it'd be better to have some WDW related activities for the flight (assuming he knows where he's going at that point!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom