Help Needed - First Trip

andrew5499

Original Poster
My Gf and I are visiting for 2 days only. Looking to stay at either Swan or Dolphin ?

Which is the better choice ?

We are looking to visit Epcot and are older, so not into the "whole disney experience"...BUT we do look for nice restaurants and night life. Money not a huge issue.

Jaytrod

I would go with Dolphin

I like the dolphin better only because they have a restaurant inside, I think its called picabu's.. and in the mornings they have an amazing breakfast buffet where they make everything in front of you as you order. They have really good smoothies too.. It is a little pricey but worth it. :slurp:

yankspy

My Gf and I are visiting for 2 days only. Looking to stay at either Swan or Dolphin ?

We are looking to visit Epcot and are older, so not into the "whole disney experience"...BUT we do look for nice restaurants and night life. Money not a huge issue.
When are you going? I ask because the Swan and Dolphin are sponsors of this site and they often post deals for members. As far as dining in that area. You might try "The Yacht's man Steakhouse" and the "Flying Fish Cafe". Both are nice and they are within walking distance from the Swam/Dolphin.

daliseurat

Well, you can walk to the BOARDWALK for night time entertainment. I highly recommend eating at the FLYING FISH. AT EPCOT, which you can also walk to, I love Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco and Chef's De France in France. I avoid all Chinese, Japanese and Mexican food as I can get that where I live very easily. That said, the Chinese and Japanese restaurants are very good. The Mexican is very average. I also really like Restaurant Asherhaus in Norway.

Have a nice relaxing trip and enjoy whatever restaurants that interest you!

Gig 'Em Mickey

Money not an issue, do the Swan. Much nicer rooms and "mature ambience." Swan also has a nice restaraunt, and a buffet as well. Closer to pool and boat launch to international gateway than the dolphin. My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and enjoyed. Now we have a little one so we are more into the "disney experience."

daverube

As I've not stayed at either hotel, I don't have an answer for you. However, I wanted to wish you a WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

dave

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I have stayed at both. Both are nice, but I personally just love the Swan better because I think swan's are beautiful. Most of the discounts that are advertised are for the Dolphin. However, that is not always the case, but much of the time. The Swan and Dolphin are my favorite. Just a boat ride over to Epcot too.

epop

My wife and I stayed at the Dolphin last week and loved it. We got $20 a night off since she is a teacher. She just had to show her school ID at check-in. That was the reason we went Dolphin over Swan.

You can walk to both Epcot and the Studios. We had no problems with the buses to MK, AK or DTD. We actually lucked out 2 out of 3 times, the bus was pulling in just as we were walking out to the bus stop.

earldw28

I like the Swan better as it is a little nicer to me. It is a little smaller as well which I liked as the layout wasn't as confusing. The Swan has plenty of dining options and even if you don't prefer anything they have to eat at the Swan its just a hop, skip and jump to the Dolphin. It really doesn't matter which one you stay at they are so close together I just prefer the Swan. Have fun!!

WIX

Swan = Westin ~ four stars
Dolphin = Sheraton ~ three stars
Both are Starwoods

Welcome to the boards!!!

Yanks07

If you like Sushi, the Swan has a Great spot, Kimonos is tough to beat. Also @ Dolphin, Bluzoo has some great seafood. My fav on property restaurant is Flying Fish. Have fun!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom