Help me pick some restaurants to eat at...

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I agree with Garden Grill. The food is very good and you get to see Farmer Mickey without standing in line. Keep trying for BoG - with the cancellation policy in effect now, hopefully people will cancel and not just be a no show. Not sure if the kids will appreciate it - especially the baby - but we always go to Raglan Road in DTD. Great food, good time, but noisy and very very busy. We also liked Akershus Hall in WS - you can see almost all the Princesses and the food is surprisingly good.

I'm not a fan of CP or Hollywood & Vine - similar buffet menu and the food is so-so. But if you like Pooh & Tigger, CP is the place.

We are meeting another family there for breakfast so we have to do Crystal Palace. Plus the hubs like it there :)

belledream

Garden Grill is in EPCOT. But like I said earlier, it's a character all-you-can-eat type thing and you seemed to think you had enough of that.

And 50's has such yummy comfort food - that's the most important part! :p

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Garden Grill is in EPCOT. But like I said earlier, it's a character all-you-can-eat type thing and you seemed to think you had enough of that.

And 50's has such yummy comfort food - that's the most important part! :p

Okay, I will see what hubby thinks of 50s.... I've never been and I know my kids will love it there :) Is Garden Grill the one that spins??? Am I asking too many questions?? :geek: lol

Michael Shiels

Flying Fish on the BoardWalk is a great evening out. My wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner here on our anniversary. Our CM treated us like royalty and the 4-course meal really made the evening seem special.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Flying Fish on the BoardWalk is a great evening out. My wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner here on our anniversary. Our CM treated us like royalty and the 4-course meal really made the evening seem special.

I've walked by there tons of times, but never went in... Worth a look

belledream

Okay, I will see what hubby thinks of 50s.... I've never been and I know my kids will love it there :) Is Garden Grill the one that spins??? Am I asking too many questions?? :geek: lol
Haha no of course not! Yes, it is the 'rotating' restaurant in The Land. It's pretty cool - you'll get glimpses of the sets of the Living with the Land ride.

KLinder7

I have been hearing a lot of good things about 50's Prime Time Cafe, but I am afraid my hubby will think the theme of it is silly... Your thoughts? o_O

Honestly this past trip I made an effort to go after hearing the buzz about the place. I went with the pot roast which was really good but heard the fried chicken is top line too. Had to have a milkshake while there as well! My only complaint was the server didn't give me that much attention (although she made sure I remembered my manors) but I think it's because I went there alone. The theme is interesting and makes you feel like your somewhere back in the day but went more for the food than the surroundings. I'll try to post some photos here from my iPhone.

KLinder7

Prime Time.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Arty Cordova

Hello, my family - DH, DS15, DD12 & DD6months - will be at Disney this August, staying at the Dolphin. We do not get the Disney Dining Plan, therefor we only do a few sit down restaurants. I am in serious planning mode as we only have about 4 months until we go :D

Please let me know your favorite restaurant! Why it's your favorite and what time of day you're eating there (breakfast, lunch or dinner). Thanks so much for you help. ;)

We are already doing Crystal Palace for breakfast, Ohana for breakfast & Rose and Crown for dinner... Please let me know what you think about these, too :)

Great choice for Rose and Crown. If possible try to get a 7:30 PM reservation then you can see illuminations from your table on the water. Ohana is a great choice as well.

Sparkle81

I have to second everyone who has mentioned 50s Prime Time and Garden Grill. Our server wasn't 'silly' when we went to 50s- she was friendly & helpful, but I think that pick up if you're not really up for the whole 'experience' (we were too distracted looking after our 2 year old). The fried chicken there was AWESOME, and so was the shake :)
image.jpg

Garden Grill was terrific, too. Fantastic character interaction, wonderful setting & atmosphere and terrific food. It's become a 'must do' for every future trip now :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

KLinder7

I have to second everyone who has mentioned 50s Prime Time and Garden Grill. Our server wasn't 'silly' when we went to 50s- she was friendly & helpful, but I think that pick up if you're not really up for the whole 'experience' (we were too distracted looking after our 2 year old). The fried chicken there was AWESOME, and so was the shake :)
View attachment 51344
Garden Grill was terrific, too. Fantastic character interaction, wonderful setting & atmosphere and terrific food. It's become a 'must do' for every future trip now :)
View attachment 51348
View attachment 51350

Next time I'll have to get the fried chicken!

Lightning McQueen

We ate at Teppan Edo last time. We loved the hibachi, but the food was sub-par (we thought for the price). Where is Bongos???? DTD?? Thanks :happy:

Shame about your Teppan Edo experience last time... Yes, Bongos is in DTD near the Cirque du Soleil tent. It is Cuban food with a nice bar and 'Havanna night club feel'. There is also a very nice outside seating area allowing you to take in some of the vibrant DTD atmosphere whilst dining. (this option could be more suitable for children) Hope this helps....

Webb

TRex is DTD is fun for kids ! Burgers are great and the waffle fries are my favorite! The TRexadillas for an app is also a must for us! The quality of food IMO is better than Rainforest even though they are owned by the same company!

We also enjoy ESPN club over on the boardwalk. The teriyaki dingers (boneless wings) and overtime fries are a must do for us! (every year we are in Disney in Jan for Championship weekend so we spend at least 6 hours watching the 2 games! we have both shifts of servers! lol)

Nine Dragons over in China is a nice meal too!

Artist Point in WL hasn't disappointed yet, it is more on the pricey side though and a limited menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom