Help me pick some restaurants to eat at...

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Hello, my family - DH, DS15, DD12 & DD6months - will be at Disney this August, staying at the Dolphin. We do not get the Disney Dining Plan, therefor we only do a few sit down restaurants. I am in serious planning mode as we only have about 4 months until we go :D

Please let me know your favorite restaurant! Why it's your favorite and what time of day you're eating there (breakfast, lunch or dinner). Thanks so much for you help. ;)

We are already doing Crystal Palace for breakfast, Ohana for breakfast & Rose and Crown for dinner... Please let me know what you think about these, too :)

Disney Shib

I am not a huge fan of Crystal Palace but I know alot of people here are and I think with your childrens ages they might really like it. Ohana is wonderful. My family and I's absolute favorite. Rose and Crown is also very very good. Try the Bulldog! Aside from that we really enjoy Biergarten and Whispering Canyon as well. :)

belledream

Good calls on the reservations you already have! If you're interested in more character buffets, you should consider Garden Grill or Tusker House. Also look at Be Our Guest, Coral Reef, and 50's Prime Time Café for good atmosphere and reasonably priced eats.

ginadee

Tuskey House and Ohana are my favorite character breakfast. Love Love 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi at HS for the atmosphere. One of my favorite meals was Chefs De France in Epcot. My favorite QS is Columbia Harbour House. I took the advice from this forum and got a lobster roll and sat upstairs by the window. It was nice. Also Caseys Corner. Best Hotdogs. Both at MK.

ratherbeinwdw

Our favorite is CP. We love it there. It's the only sit down we like to do every trip for breakfast. We also like 'Ohana a lot for breakfast or dinner. We are in the minority with Rose & Crown. We gave it three tries. The same fish you get there is half the price at the counter service attached to it. The last two times we ate there our food was not done and service took forever. However, the ambiance was great. As far as theme, you can't beat Sci Fi.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I am not a huge fan of Crystal Palace but I know alot of people here are and I think with your childrens ages they might really like it. Ohana is wonderful. My family and I's absolute favorite. Rose and Crown is also very very good. Try the Bulldog! Aside from that we really enjoy Biergarten and Whispering Canyon as well. :)

I've never been to Ohana, so I am looking forward to it. Have you been there for breakfast before??? Biergarten is one that we were going to book, too. I guess I will!! lol :) thanks for the feedback!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Good calls on the reservations you already have! If you're interested in more character buffets, you should consider Garden Grill or Tusker House. Also look at Be Our Guest, Coral Reef, and 50's Prime Time Café for good atmosphere and reasonably priced eats.

Nah, we don't need more character breakfasts. BOG is hard to get into :( - I would love to eat at Coral Reef and the Steak House in Canada, I think?? We are open for anything. Thanks for your feedback :cool:

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Tuskey House and Ohana are my favorite character breakfast. Love Love 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi at HS for the atmosphere. One of my favorite meals was Chefs De France in Epcot. My favorite QS is Columbia Harbour House. I took the advice from this forum and got a lobster roll and sat upstairs by the window. It was nice. Also Caseys Corner. Best Hotdogs. Both at MK.

I went to Sci Fi when I was little, and I remember loving it!! I will look into there as well :) Columbia Harbour House is in MK?? Thanks :)

belledream

Nah, we don't need more character breakfasts. BOG is hard to get into :( - I would love to eat at Coral Reef and the Steak House in Canada, I think?? We are open for anything. Thanks for your feedback :cool:

Ah, true. Keep checking as people have to cancel reservations to avoid penalty. You might get lucky! Lunch is pretty good for "QS" too.

Coral Reef is amazing and I'm sure your kids would love it! You should look up the lunch and dinner menus to and decide which to go for. (Usually lunch just a little cheaper, but some things are only available at dinner).

Le Cellier is a very scrumptious meal with great bread service, but usually hard to get reservations for. It's also on the pricier side, but well worth it if you have steak lovers in the fam.

I would definitely give a thumbs up to Biergarten!

Lightning McQueen

Tepan Edo is good fun especially with kids of the age that you have mentioned! However, there are so many nice restaurants. My personal favourites include Brown Derby, Jiko, San Angel, Le Cellier, Bongos... Please let me know if you want any more info about the ones I have mentioned :)

KLinder7

Be Our Guest if you can get in, Chefs De France, Tusker House for breakfast, 50's Prime Time Cafe. Many more though too if you start to include the resorts!

Sl8500

I highly recommend Be Our Guest if you can get in. I was not impressed with Le Cellier when I ate there about 18 months ago. Crystal Palace is fun for the kids and food is decent. We also enjoy Chef Mickeys. Garden Grill is very good.

Texas84

We like just about any table service at Epcot.

BoG is a must. Can you get a lunch FastPass at Swan/Dolphin?

Best counter: Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Tepan Edo is good fun especially with kids of the age that you have mentioned! However, there are so many nice restaurants. My personal favourites include Brown Derby, Jiko, San Angel, Le Cellier, Bongos... Please let me know if you want any more info about the ones I have mentioned :)

We ate at Teppan Edo last time. We loved the hibachi, but the food was sub-par (we thought for the price). Where is Bongos???? DTD?? Thanks :happy:

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We like just about any table service at Epcot.

BoG is a must. Can you get a lunch FastPass at Swan/Dolphin?

Best counter: Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

I agree, Sunshine Seasons is yummy and they have a lot of wholesome food to choose from. What is a lunch fastpass? Thanks :)

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I highly recommend Be Our Guest if you can get in. I was not impressed with Le Cellier when I ate there about 18 months ago. Crystal Palace is fun for the kids and food is decent. We also enjoy Chef Mickeys. Garden Grill is very good.[/QUOTE

Thanks... Where is Garden Grill? Contemporary???

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Be Our Guest if you can get in, Chefs De France, Tusker House for breakfast, 50's Prime Time Cafe. Many more though too if you start to include the resorts!

I have been hearing a lot of good things about 50's Prime Time Cafe, but I am afraid my hubby will think the theme of it is silly... Your thoughts? o_O

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I agree with Garden Grill. The food is very good and you get to see Farmer Mickey without standing in line. Keep trying for BoG - with the cancellation policy in effect now, hopefully people will cancel and not just be a no show. Not sure if the kids will appreciate it - especially the baby - but we always go to Raglan Road in DTD. Great food, good time, but noisy and very very busy. We also liked Akershus Hall in WS - you can see almost all the Princesses and the food is surprisingly good.

I'm not a fan of CP or Hollywood & Vine - similar buffet menu and the food is so-so. But if you like Pooh & Tigger, CP is the place.

Texas84

I have been hearing a lot of good things about 50's Prime Time Cafe, but I am afraid my hubby will think the theme of it is silly... Your thoughts? o_O

Not silly at all. Looks like you're in a home from the 50's. The CM's can get "silly" but I've heard here that you can tell them in advance to not do the shtick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom