Help Me Choose My Deluxe Resort!

Computer Magic

Like many of the replies you've received it depends on your likes and needs.

If you prefer to be close to the "action" then the Boardwalk or Yacht Club are the best choices. I've stayed there several times and it's always bustling with entertainment and action. Its obviously very close to Hollywood Studios and Epcot and has tons of great eating locations. The swimming pools and slides are top notch.

If you prefer to get away to a reclusive atmosphere after a busy day in the park then Animal Kingdom is the way to go. It's the quitest of the listed resorts and is quite beautiful. Wilderness Lodge is quit as well (not as quite as Animal Kingdom). However because of its proximity to Magic Kingdom it can get noisy sometimes.

The Contemporary is a "cool" resort and has some good restaurants. It also has the best marina and watersports offerings. However, it is a large conference center and therefore there are usually many business folks there hence it loses some of the Disney "magic" you get by being surrounded by families strictly there for the same purposes you are.

If I were you I would stay at Animal Kingdom then visit some of the other locations for dinner or lunch.
There are 3 good restaurants at AKL. Sanna, Boma and Jiko are good eats

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

I voted for Boardwalk for all the good reasons others have listed. I think it's a charming resort all the way around.

Contemporary comes a close second. Really it would be a toss-up between the two for me, but I could only choose one in your poll.

AKL would be choice #3 -- great resort but location is a negative.

WL a very distant choice #4 for me. It's the only deluxe I don't plan to stay at again (have stayed at all except BC and GF). I don't know why I have such a different opinion than most others here, but it was a complete disappointment for us when we stayed there this past December.

Upvote 0

scarpiapiano

When my family was at WDW last June, we spent 7 days at the Poly and 5 days at the Boardwalk Villas. We liked BWV a lot more than the Poly but a lot of our preference had to do with staying at a villa vs. a hotel room. However, we really did love Boardwalk - the brightness of the lobby and rooms, the back entrance to Epcot (our favorite park), the boat ride to Epcot and DHS, the staff etc. Boardwalk seemed to evoke an atmosphere of nostalgia and grandeur similar to the Grand Floridian. It's all a matter of taste but Boardwalk was a perfect fit for us.

BTW, we had dinner at Boma and Whispering Canyon. The lobbies to both WL and AKL are fantastic. The rooms at Boardwalk or Contemporary will be bigger than AKL or WL. The lobby to the Contemporary seemed cold and sterile to us. It reminded me of an airport for some reason. I always thought that being in a monorail resort would be a significant advantage but I personally didn't find the commuting times to be all that different between Boardwalk and Polynesian with the exception of MK. I did love seeing Illuminations and exiting through the International Gate rather than the main entrance to Epcot. Whatever resort you pick, have a wonderful time.

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

AKL

There is something that's really special about being able to wake up and see animals outside. The theme is amazing, food is fantastic, and it's the one resort, minus the Poly, that gives me the Disney goosebumps still.

My favorite resort on property.

Upvote 0

pacochran

We have only stayed at the AKL but with the Savannah view room it was great. I loved being able to go out in the morning with a cup a coffee and watch the animals.

Upvote 0

FandangoMC

My Choice

My choice would be Saratoga Springs. Rooms may not be as interesting as AK or as modern as Bay Lake Tower, but my wife and I LOVE being able to take a quick walk over to Downtown Disney and walk around, and check out the night life of Disney. You also have GREAT access to anywhere in Disney World because the busses all run from Downtown as well!!! And if you're a runner, a run through the resort and/or Downtown Disney early morning is really great!

Upvote 0

irmonkey

I voted for WL because that is likely the next one that my wife and I will stay at. Either there or POFQ.

We stayed at Beach Club the first time and it was very nice. Walk to Epcot and boat to HS. We were looking at Boardwalk too but the clowns in the pool area is a deal killer for me. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

pax_65

As others have said, it totally depends on what park you want to go to. In my case, my kids love Magic Kingdom. So of your choices, I would lean toward the Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary for a family trip. When my wife and I go, we often stay at the Beach Club because of it's convenience to Epcot and the Studios.

They are all awesome hotels, you really can't go wrong!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

Wildernest Lodge Hands Down. The resort is a peacefull and wonderfully done. This resort gives you that tucked away feeling along with being in the great outdoors. The log cabin theming with a touch of Southwest decoration just adds to the beauty to make this a spectacular resort. THe resteraunts are great if you do stay here you will not be sorry that you did. Which ever resort you choose have a great time and a Magical Day.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I am also torn between AKL Savannah or WL or CBR Pirate rooms. CBR pirate is just up my 6 year old sons alley but the hubby wants to stay at WL and I want to stay at AKL Savannah to see animals in the morning. I think my 2 boys will love this also. We shall see which wins. We were thinking of a split between 2 resorts but this bumps up the price a lot because of the price per ticket.

Upvote 0

PoohBear119

I wouldn't mind staying in any of them. I think it depends what you see yourself doing the most of when you are there. Go AKL if you want a nive relaxing stay as it is pretty far from everything but AK. Go BW if you think Epcot is your place. Go CONT. if you like Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Upvote 0

corey154

I picked the contemp b/c of the monerail loop...and we tend to spend more time in the MK, but if you're more of an epcot person than i'd say boardwalk. it's a great area too!!

Upvote 0

dizzney

We love Boardwalk, but then we're DVC and have considered this home since 1999, its a great resort and has location, location, location!

OUr second favorite is Contemporary as we bought into Bay lake Tower which is another great resort and again it has great lcoation and views of the MK.

Enjoy, honestly all of the resorts are great though.

Upvote 0

scarpiapiano

We were looking at Boardwalk too but the clowns in the pool area is a deal killer for me. :lookaroun

I still vote for Boardwalk. But I, fortunately, do not suffer from Coulrophobia. :p

Coulrophobia
is abnormal or exaggerated fear of clowns. The term is common, but it does not appear to be used in psychology.[1] The condition is common among children, but is also sometimes found in teenagers and adults.[citation needed] Sufferers sometimes acquire a fear of clowns after a bad experience with one personally.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

I vote for contemporary. Spacious updated rooms, great pool and views. Awesome restaurants. Best thing, transportation via monorail. two parks, three resorts, and some of the best signature restaurants at wdw. No matter what your pick, your in Disney!

Upvote 0

disney1077

I have never stayed at any of those resorts. But I have stayed at the Beach Club and that is right next to the Boardwalk and I can tell you the location is a great selling point. But it really depends on which park you will be visiting the most. If you love epcot and HS then you should go with the boardwalk. The scenery is really nice too, it is so beautiful! And you can walk the boardwalk and see the shows they have sometimes at night. And you have alot of dining options also, you have the Yacht and Beach Club as well as the Swan and Dolphin to pick from. Hope this helps! Also if I am not mistaken I believe they just updated the rooms at the boardwalk. I think if you visit allearnet they have pictures posted of the new rooms.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom