Help! I'm a newbie!

tinks

Original Poster
HEY EVERYONE, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON HERE, AND I'M NOT SURE HOW IT WORKS YET.. I JUST HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS, IF ANYONE CAN HELP.
WE ARE LEAVING FOR DISNEY, AUGUST 28TH- THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST TRIP:sohappy:
ITS MYSELF, MY HUSBAND AND MY SON WHO'S 12, ALSO MY DAUGHTER WHO WILL BE TURNING 9 WHILE WE ARE THERE..
1) SILLY QUESTION- AS FOR DIGITAL CAMERAS, IS THERE A PLACE TO BUY EXTRA MEMORY CARDS IN THE WORLD? I HAVE A FEW BIG ONES BUT WORRIED IT WONT BE ENOUGH.:hammer:
2) SINCE I HEAR IT IS REALLY HOT, THE KIDS ARE SET ON WEARING THERE FLIP FLOPS INSTEAD OF TENNIES, IS THAT OK WITH THE RIDES?
3) AND LAST ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS YOU CAN OFFER WOULD BE GREAT!
PLEASE HELP:veryconfu

barnum42

You can probably buy cards on site, but they will be at one big premium. Better to stock up before you go.

As long as your kids can walk long distances in flip flops they should be OK. Personally they are not the sort of footwear I can use for the miles you rake up in the parks.

kengels

1) Buy before you leave. They are pretty pricey and the size cards aren't that big.<O:p</O:p

2) That is fine there are no inverted coasters in Disney. There feet may hurt at the end of the day with out the arch support they would have from tennis shoes. Be sure to apply sunscreen to the tops of their feet too.
<O:p</O:p
3) Here is a link to Tips and sneaky tricks on pretty much everything. One thing I can offer, drink plenty of water and don't run your self or your children to the ground to "get the most for your money". Running your self down one day will hurt you the next. http://www.guide2wdw.com/tipofthe.htm

4) Have fun! I am tired of seeing people that don't smile and yell at each other and their children at WDW. It brings the SHOW down for everyone!

Trishnh

barnum42 said:
You can probably buy cards on site, but they will be at one big premium. Better to stock up before you go.

As long as your kids can walk long distances in flip flops they should be OK. Personally they are not the sort of footwear I can use for the miles you rake up in the parks.

I agree on both points..Stock up on memory before you leave..You will pay so much more there. As for shoes, I think sneakers are the best since you will be doing a ton of walking. Have a great trip!! :wave:

Rinxman

There are a few camera kiosks in the parks, off the top of my head there's one in fantasyland. To add alittle spark in the trip, try eating some food from around the world. Le Chefs de france and Le cellier in Canada are the best.

Connor002

1- you can find most things in disney if you look hard enough, i'm sure you could find it if you loked

2- i don't really know, but i don't think there's a problem with that, other than it's possible flip flops could fly off

3- i suggest you don't write in all capitals

Hi there,
Quick tip on Digital Camera memory cards. I don't know if this is just my walmart or others as well but I bought 4 128 mb sd cards for 10 bucks a piece before I left and they lasted for my whole trip.

Have an awesome time on your trip!! :)

tinks said:
2) SINCE I HEAR IT IS REALLY HOT, THE KIDS ARE SET ON WEARING THERE FLIP FLOPS INSTEAD OF TENNIES, IS THAT OK WITH THE RIDES?
I would suggest trying to get you kids to wear flip flops every other day, rotating with the tennies. Their feet might get really sore with all that walking in flip flops.

tinks

Original Poster
Thanks for the info-
We are staying at the carribean beach resort, anybody have any comments on that?
Also we have ps for hoop dee doo musical revue on my daughters b-day, do they do anything fun for birthday's?
And as far as shoes they'll deal with tennies, better than sore feet!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hi. Welcome to the boards. You will find a wealth of info here. Allot you didnt know, and alot you dont want to. :lookaroun

Dont type in all caps. Its rude.

Have a great time!

kengels

tinks said:
Thanks for the info-
We are staying at the carribean beach resort, anybody have any comments on that?
Also we have ps for hoop dee doo musical revue on my daughters b-day, do they do anything fun for birthday's?
And as far as shoes they'll deal with tennies, better than sore feet!

CBR is a good moderate resort, I liked it. I heard the bus situation is a pain in the ______ though. If you are renting a car I would suggest driving yourself, since your staying on property you don't have to pay $8.00 to park at the theme parks. The one time I did take the bus, It sucked, your tired as well as everyone else, babies unhappy, long lines, not enough buses, the extra time you have to give yourself to get somewhere :(.

Make sure Disney knows that it is you daughters birthday for hoop-de-doo and everything else you do in WDW.

kengels

Disney4Eva said:
What about RnRC?
There are no rides in Disney like Dueling Dragons where your feet dangle.<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>

in·vert

v. in·vert·ed, in·vert·ing, in·verts
v. tr.
  1. To turn inside out or upside down: <CITE>invert an hourglass.</CITE>
  2. To reverse the position, order, or condition of: <CITE>invert the subject and predicate of a sentence.</CITE>
  3. To subject to inversion.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

rentNdisney

stupid question, but how did they get around the no caps thing. why isn't their post in the whole first letter caps thing, like what automatically happens?

kengels

rentNdisney said:
stupid question, but how did they get around the no caps thing. why isn't their post in the whole first letter caps thing, like what automatically happens?

Two words...CAPS LOCK. Just a shot though.

Rinxman

I've gone to see Hoop De Doo many times. I know the feamale Pioneer Hall players give boys kisses on the cheek when it's their birthdays, but I don't know about girls or smaller kids.

tinks

Original Poster
Thanks so much! nothin like upsetting people right off the bat! One more question, places to eat? We have the dining plan, any suggestions?
I just want to be ready, There's so much to do...
I'm sooo EXCITED!!! I think i'm more excited than my kids are!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom