Help! I'm a newbie!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
rentNdisney said:
stupid question, but how did they get around the no caps thing. why isn't their post in the whole first letter caps thing, like what automatically happens?

That is odd, I was wondering the same thing myself. Possibly cut and paste out of Word?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
tinks said:
Thanks so much! nothin like upsetting people right off the bat! One more question, places to eat? We have the dining plan, any suggestions?
I just want to be ready, There's so much to do...
I'm sooo EXCITED!!! I think i'm more excited than my kids are!!!

I highly recomend Le Cellier, 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi, Chef Mickey's, and Rose and Crown.

RalphieN

tinks said:
Also we have ps for hoop dee doo musical revue on my daughters b-day, do they do anything fun for birthday's?

Suggestion:
On the day of your daughter's birthday, when you enter the park (whichever one you are going to that day), ask a CM where to go to get her a birthday pin. They are free for people celebrating a birthday at the park. My son wore his on his birthday and many of the CM's wished him a "happy birthday" throughout the day, he got a free dessert while dining at the Castle, and even "Push" the talking trashcan in Tomorrowland sang Happy Birthday to him. I'm not sure where to get them at MGM or Animal Kingdom but in the Magic Kingdom, go to the Town Hall (to the left as you enter Main Street USA) and at EPCOT, they are at Guest Relations (to the left of Spaceship Earth).

Have a great time.

MotoDisney

hakunamatata said:
Hi. Welcome to the boards. You will find a wealth of info here. Allot you didnt know, and alot you dont want to. :lookaroun

Dont type in all caps. Its rude.

Have a great time!

I always thought typing in caps was YELLING. I guess that could be rude.

FSUgly

Definitely go with nothing but patience and the "want" of having a good time. The crowds and the heat will certainly test your whole family (esp since your kids are at the ages where they want to test you). Remember, one good argument can mar the whole vacation.
Take, and use, plenty of sunscreen. It is very hot and sunny (unless....well, I won't mention the unless ;) ) this time of year. Also, pack a small cooler with some water or soft drinks, and some snacks (like those small bags of chips, or trail mix). It will save you some money. Definitely buy everything you might need (film, memory cards, video tapes, etc) before you arrive. You'll have plenty of oppurtunities to buy Disney stuff at inflated prices once you're inside the parks :) I also recommend buying your Disney T-Shirts at a Disney Store if you have one near your home. That can save you plenty, as well.

Hope you guys Have a Great Vacation! Be careful, it is addicting! :)

rentNdisney

kengels said:
Two words...CAPS LOCK. Just a shot though.

on these boards, if you write in all caps, using CAPS LOCK, your post is automatically changed, but the first letter of each word is caps. i wasn't being rude or anything, jsut found it curious

Aurora23

As for the digital camera memory card question... I agree with someone else on here. I am going down in December, I have two large capacity cards, but I plan on having the camera centers load them onto CDs at the parks. All four parks have a place that will do this for you around $12 each. I was worried that I wouldn't have enough either, but that fixed that.

Oh, Boy, do they do something special for birthdays at the Hoop-Dee-Doo! When I turned 24 I went on a trip to WDW with 5 of my fellow cast members. I worked for the Disney Store at the time. The blonde, muscular guy sang Happy Birthday to me and I almost melted into my chair! Very special for a 24 year old young woman. Kids... I don't know.

Have a great time!

kengels

rentNdisney said:
on these boards, if you write in all caps, using CAPS LOCK, your post is automatically changed, but the first letter of each word is caps. i wasn't being rude or anything, jsut found it curious

iNTERESTING, sO YOUR SAYING IF i KEEP MY "caps locks" ON AND TYPE LIKE i NORMALLY WOULD THE BOARDS WILL CHANGE THEM TO LOOK LIKE SENTENCE CASE? i DON'T KNOW IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING???

GoofyMom2

Hi Tinks! :wave:

A few great sources of info (besides these boards!) are:

www.mousesavers.com, www.allearsnet.com

Unofficial guide to WDW by Bob S.

These sources were a great help on my past few trips to WDW, everything from dining, to touring plans, ways to save time and money (yes, it is possible in WDW!), ride info, etc.

Biggest tip besides these....you can't see it all in 1 trip so don't try, especially in the Orlando heat. Relax, enjoy the Magic all around you, wear comfy shoes, and bring a pack that can hold a bottle of water.

Hope you have a great time!

LouDisney

Welcome to the board.
I would take tennis shoes for sure and as far as flip flops go, if you take them, make sure they are a really comfortable pair, that will not hurt your feet. I have a couple of pair and I took them this trip and was more comfortable in those, but you can't go wrong with tennis shoes.

Have a great trip :D

rentNdisney

kengels said:
iNTERESTING, sO YOUR SAYING IF i KEEP MY "caps locks" ON AND TYPE LIKE i NORMALLY WOULD THE BOARDS WILL CHANGE THEM TO LOOK LIKE SENTENCE CASE? i DON'T KNOW IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING???

Actually yes. plus, you're post isn't entirely in caps. there are some lower case letters. I wasn't meaning to cause a stink. This has been discussed many times. If you go into a thread, and someone has a post where the first letter to every word is capital, some poeple will yell, but eventually, someone will point out that that automatically happens when an all caps post is posted. really, im not meaning to cause a rukus (could you describe the rukus sir...sorry couldnt help myslef), but ask any long time member...like looooong time...I'm sure theyll clear it up.

barnum42

tinks said:
Sorry about the capitol letters,:brick: didnt think of it as being rude:eek: .
Nettiquette says all caps indicates yelling. But when it comes to reading larger expanses of text it's a lot harder to read capitals than than lower case, so people find it easier to read lower case.

CAPTAIN HOOK

So once more back to the topic of the thread.........................
Camera memory cards - buy what you need before you go and if you fill them either delete some of the poorer pictures or down load to disc and clear the cards
Flip flops - save them for the water parks - there are too many people in WDW who either don't look where they're going or just don't care. That has to be a recipe for squashed toes and tears

gniko21

gniko21

kengels said:
CBR is a good moderate resort, I liked it. I heard the bus situation is a pain in the ______ though. If you are renting a car I would suggest driving yourself, since your staying on property you don't have to pay $8.00 to park at the theme parks. The one time I did take the bus, It sucked, your tired as well as everyone else, babies unhappy, long lines, not enough buses, the extra time you have to give yourself to get somewhere :(.

Make sure Disney knows that it is you daughters birthday for hoop-de-doo and everything else you do in WDW.

I stayed at CBR last August and thought it was great. No problems with bus transportation. During peak hours, the most I had to wait for a bus to go to any of the WDW parks was about 5 minutes. The bus then cycles around the CBR complex, stopping at the other stops in the complex before heading to the park. Later in the day, the buses come less frequently but I never felt the wait was too long. In the morning, I usually allowed about a 1/2 hr to get from my motel room to whichever WDW park I had chosen for that day.

The CBR complex is pretty big. You may need to do a bit of walking to get from one side to another, especially if you're not located close to the food courts/gift shop area (I forget what they called it). CBR was attractive & clean, a very nice atmosphere. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom