Help! I think I need it...

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I've been a very long time guys, and I trust you guys like my family.

I know you guys probably get sick of these threads, but I need to ask some questions.

I think I'm clinically depressed. I get sad for like no reason frequently and I just...I feel like I'm at the end of my rope and like I'm hopeless and worthless and like there's nothing I can do right, and that everything just doesn't matter anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm by NO means suicidal, but you know how life seems to just get you down so often. I just have so many problems, but so many things are going well at the same time.

Sometimes I get the frequent feeling that I'm better off if I go away because no one will care and no one will notice. Sometimes I feel like no one cares or notices that I'm even there.

And I try to focus on the good, but frequently find myself crying, or cursing my fate, in depressed hopeless states, and lots of things like that. Is there something wrong with me? Nothing just really matters to me.

I need help. - The WeirdOne :D

Wilt Dasney

I've been there, and I know in my case, a lot of it is primarily chemical, compounded by circumstances. Your first course of action should be to see a professional to try to deal with the chemical aspect. They can prescribe things that help greatly. You wouldn't believe how much brighter one little (legal) pill can make the day seem, just by correcting an already-existing imbalance (assuming you suffer from a chemical imbalance). There's no stigma or shame in admitting you need help; depression is a sickness, and just like many others, it's treatable.

As for yourself: Changing your environment can work wonders. Get more lighting in your workspace or living space, play the type of music that calms or soothes you all the time, avoid contact with situations that make the problem worse. These don't have to be permanent changes, but in the short term, while the problem is at its peak, they can help to fight it.

I'm by no means a professional, and what has worked for me may not for you, but whatever you do, don't give into it. Even if it lasts for weeks or months at a time, it is temporary....it is treatable....and it is beatable. Your mind can make you believe things about the world, yourself, and life that simply aren't true...but while you're on the inside, it can be hard to see just how far removed from reality those sensations are.

Keep up the fight. PM or IM me if you need anything else.

-BJ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom