HELP! I need good places to buy...........?

theflame

:confused: Can I PLEASE get opinions for good(inexpensive) places online to buy Disney:

1.Costumes

2.T-Shirts/clothes/TOYS

3.Campground decorations(lights, etc....)

4.Light-up necklaces, etc.

I am now in buy and save mode. I have already purchased some t-shirts from Disneyoutlet.com over the past 6 months, but now that I am closer to our trip(Oct. 6-13) I can really see what we need for our fall trip.:eek:

I probably know most of the sites already but I would LOVE to have all of you guys professional help!:hammer: (my husband says I need it!?!)

Our kids will have b-day's, DD 13th and DS 8th during this trip so b-day gifts and ideas would help!!!!!!:veryconfu

Thanks so much!:wave:

shoppingnut

Buy the light up necklaces and stuff at your local dollar store. I've also found some of the hand-held spinning things in my local disney store that have been marked-down to $4.99 and just need to have batteries replaced.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I have already purchased souvenirs for my kids for our Sept. trip.
I am planning to give them several items a day throughout the trip.
I found many Disney items such as t-shirts, toys (I found some small POTC lego sets), plush dolls, drinking cups w/ straws, key chains, pens, small notesbooks that can be used as autograph books, small coloring books, stickers, etc. at places such as Wal-Mart & the local dollar stores.
I also bought glow necklaces, ponchos, etc. at the dollar store.
Our local Wal-Mart even sells the Disney scrapbook pages (if you are interested in scrapbooking).
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Disney outlet is a great place and they are always having specials and sales on different items. Do you have a local Disney Outlet nearby? If so it is great to check often to see what they have marked down.
I agree with Shoppingnut that the dollar stores are the best place to get the light up necklaces and such... I had never thought of that until reading it on this site and have stocked up!:D
Have good trip!

Upvote 0

shari71

I use Oriental Trading for my light up toys. I usually buy once every 2-3 years because they come in bulk. Also check, someone might want to split some of them.

Stuffed animals are great to get a local Disney Store because they always seem to be marking them down or running them in 2 for $$.$$ deals.

I am cutting out tags for their autograph books. Punching a hole in the top of the tags and either using a ribbon or key ring to keep them together. This is easy to add a picture to the back of or add it to a scrapbook page fast.

Look for cheap Disney inflatable beach balls. Small to pack, but easy to get out.

Costumes are the hardest. Mostly Walmart. I got my daughter's last year on clearance. CostumeExpress is another one I used once but haven't in a while.

Toys try Walmart or Target. They usually have good selections.

T-shirts - DisneyOutlet or the Disney Stores in the mall. Best bet for these and the best prices. Walmart has some on sale this week that I got my girls. I tend to wait until Disney (online) offers a 20% coupon with free shipping. Last week they had this and two Studio T-shirts for $16. Ended up being around $6.50 for each T-Shirt which was around 45% off.

I have also been looking on EBay lately for cheap pins, pens, toys, etc. Just have to be patient on this one sometimes.

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

:confused: Can I PLEASE get opinions for good(inexpensive) places online to buy Disney:

1.Costumes

2.T-Shirts/clothes/TOYS

3.Campground decorations(lights, etc....)

4.Light-up necklaces, etc.

I am now in buy and save mode. I have already purchased some t-shirts from Disneyoutlet.com over the past 6 months, but now that I am closer to our trip(Oct. 6-13) I can really see what we need for our fall trip.:eek:

I probably know most of the sites already but I would LOVE to have all of you guys professional help!:hammer: (my husband says I need it!?!)

Our kids will have b-day's, DD 13th and DS 8th during this trip so b-day gifts and ideas would help!!!!!!:veryconfu

Thanks so much!:wave:

Ts - Target and WalMart both have some kids and even adult Disney character Ts for about $9-12 each. If you are patient, you can sometimes find some on sale or on clearance for 30% off or so. Also try places like TJMax for Ts. I've found some there for $4-5. And check DisneyShopping.com every day or two to see what special deals they are running - Lots of times things aren't not worth the price once you add in shipping, but every now and then there's a great deal.

Light up toys - I've found some at Target and WalMart, but how successful that is just depends on what they are stocking at the time. I suggest checking party stores for flashing necklaces and rings (we've been getting alot in goodie bags at parties lately). Dollar stores have glow-stick type items, although occassionally I've found flashing stuff too (quality is a bit questionable at times though).

Costumes - now that's the hard one. I like to pick up a lot right after Halloween, when they go on clearance (doesn't sound like an option for you). I've also been known to sew a few when desperate - there are lots of patterns out for Disney inspired ones.

As far as gifts go, how about just giving them Disney gift cards? (you can get them at the Disney store, or online) Then your kids can get exactly what they want on the trip!

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

We give those lite rope necklaces to our trick-or-treaters for Halloween. I used to get them from Oriental Trading, but have since found them for less than half the price at online wholesale sites. Just google...I can't remember the last site I used but they were 28 cents a piece. At Oriental Trading they were just about 1.00 a piece.

But I usually get a couple of hundred of them, we have about 150 trick-or -treaters, then I use the rest of them at our children's partys throughout the year.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom