Help! I need a room for 5 people.

We are currently booked at Port Orleans Riverside, but after reading some reviews I am really concerned that the room may be too small. Any ideas?

goofysgurl

We are a family of 6 and stayed at the POR last year. We have 4 children,ages (at the time) 11,6,3,2- the youngest didn't count because he was considered an infant, and it was cramped for us but we also had the strollers in the room. You can try the cabins at FW (and have the convenience of the kitchen), or suite at ASM - neither or which are too bad price wise. Boardwalk Inn deluxe rooms sleep up to 6 (they have 2 beds and a pull-out sofa) but it's quite a bit pricier than POR. This year (now that my youngest gets counted) we've getting 2 rooms at POFQ - we get 4 sinks and two baths that way and all the beds are queen size.

Upvote 0

DawnBerg

My husband and I are the proud parents of 7 and now grandparents of 4 so we are ALWAYS looking for a way to have enough room when we go to Disney. When ours were younger (now all grown) we would stay at the POP and get 2 adjoining rooms. 2 rooms at Pop were equivalent to one at POR yet we had 2 full rooms and baths!! We just propped open the adjoining doors and kids all had one room while Hubby and I had the other but was still all together. Best of all was 2 TV's and getting ready in AM with 2 bathrooms was heaven!!!! And again, price wise it was the same as a suite at POR!!! Good luck and have a great time on your trip!!

Upvote 0

fractal

What are the ages of your children?

We stayed 5 in PORS using a trundel bed when my youngest was 6 years old and it was fine.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

You've got a few options:

1.Polynesian, Contemporary and Grand Floridian have the largest rooms, in that order. They are the 3 most expensive resorts for single rooms.

2.Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club have rooms about 30-90 square feet smaller.

3.Fort Wilderness Cabins. About the same price as Wilderness Lodge or AKL, more room, but crappy transportation.

4.All Star Family Suite.

5.2 rooms at any Value.

6.1 bedroom villa at any DVC Resort. Best bet would be to rent point from someone.

Upvote 0

Musophile

I stayed at POR last month, with my wife and 3 kids (age 5, 7 and 11). We also had a stroller in the room. We thought we had plenty of room. My youngest son (age 7) slept on the trundle bed without problem. It is nice having two sinks, and that made getting ready in the morning faster. We are planning on staying at POR again next year. We asked for building 14, which was close to the lobby building, but also a short walk to the bus stop.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom