HELP! How do I get rid of AIM´s tool bar?

Maria

Original Poster
I will really appreciate if someone can tell me how to get rid of Aim´s toolbar.
I dloaded the aim update (the newest version) and all of a sudden, I also had another toolbar that that I don´t need. Besides taking up space on my screen, it also comes with a pop up blocker that doesn´t let me open a new window to see anything else, so I am stuck with one website at a time on my screen.

If anyone could guide me on how to do it, I´ll be really thankful. :)

nicholas

Maria said:
I will really appreciate if someone can tell me how to get rid of Aim´s toolbar.
I dloaded the aim update (the newest version) and all of a sudden, I also had another toolbar that that I don´t need. Besides taking up space on my screen, it also comes with a pop up blocker that doesn´t let me open a new window to see anything else, so I am stuck with one website at a time on my screen.

If anyone could guide me on how to do it, I´ll be really thankful. :)
Are you talking about the toolbar that is vertical along the left side of the buddy list window? If so...

At the bottom of the buddy list is a selection for "Add Tools." Click on that and then in the very bottom right hand corner of the window that pops up, is something that says "Remove Menu"

That should do it. Assuming I am thinking of the same tool bar you are talking about.

Erika

I think she is talking about the toolbar along the top, on the browser. Is shows up on our computer in IE (which John uses) but I'm on Mozilla and it's not on there.

tigsmom

Try right clicking on your toolbar, unlock it. Right click on the AIM toolbar, if there is a check mark, left click on it; that should remove it. Now lock your toolbar again. We downloaded the update and the Aim Search is listed, but I can't get it to install. Thats alright with me, because I don't want it. I've been using Mozilla's Firefox most of the time & I love it. Maybe you could give that a try. You don't uninstall IE so you could always use it if you had to. :wave:

ogryn

tigsmom said:
<snip> I've been using Mozilla's Firefox most of the time & I love it. Maybe you could give that a try. You don't uninstall IE so you could always use it if you had to. :wave:

It's good to see you've turned into a Firefox evangelist Tigsmom. I was worried to start with that you wouldn't like it!

tigsmom

ogryn said:
It's good to see you've turned into a Firefox evangelist Tigsmom. I was worried to start with that you wouldn't like it!

My 9 y/o loves it...opens all her tabs & sets to work. :lol:

Maria

Original Poster
Ohhh thank God everyone and tigsmom! I had not thought about right clicking where it said AIM!
It has dissappeared now, I just hope it didn´t only dissappeared from my sight, but that it was disabled too! I´m going to check if I can open two windows at once now! Thanks!

Maria

Original Poster
ggggrrrrr.... now the toolbar is gone, but I guess the pop up blocker is still working because I can´t open another window!
Now, how on earth do I bring it back? :brick:

Maria

Original Poster
Never mind! I found the way and unblocked and blocked! Sorry about the recent panick attack... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom